Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbia-Fort Jackson
Ranked #34 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
“Really pleasant.”
Reviewed December 19, 2013

It was very pleasant and nice.room service was prompt and pleasant and issues where handled promptly.food was wonderful and the diningnarea meat all expectations.I really really really enjoyed my stay and plan to do so again in the future

• Stayed December 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 13, 2013

I stayed at this location for 2 months for business and I was very pleased with everything. The staff was super friendly and accomodating. Rooms are nice and spacious. The beds were very comfortable and even though I went home on the weekends, I looked forward to returning. The staff, Jaime, Bailey, Lincoln and Tamara are very professional and courteous and I would not only recommend this hotel, I will totally stay here again!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Staff really goes above and beyond to make your stay as enjoyable as possible . Bailey was a great help and very knowledgeable about great things to do while in the area . Would definitely stay again . Thanks guys !!!

Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed December 11, 2013

Staff is always friendly and Bailey and Mark greet me by name when I come in on business. Rooms are nice, clean and comfortable with a sitting area and desk to work from. Rooms have a regular mini coffee machine, which I like because I can make coffee with my own stuff, as I like it.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
MGRHIE, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbia-Fort Jackson, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Thank you kindly for taking time to review our hotel. It is extremely rewarding to know that our staff is remembered by guests like yourself. It is also wonderful to know that it is mutual and they remember you also. Hopefully I will have an opportunity to meet you also upon your next visit. Thank you once again and we look forward to your next stay.
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed December 10, 2013

Located near Fort Jackson and right off of HWY 378, this hotel is very clean, fresh and modern. The room was nicely appointed, bathroom very clean. The desk space was ample for doing after hours business email and work. Book early because graduation at Ft Jackson occasionally has all of the local hotels filled.

At check-in, Bailey was extremely friendly and helpful. While there are plentiful chain restaurants nearby, Bailey suggested local restaurants to visit for a dinner and a local attraction or two to visit.

I will stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel and let everyone know what a wonderful experience you had while visiting Columbia. We hope that the front desk was able to direct you to a restaurant that was enjoyable and that you had time to enjoy some of the attractions in Columbia.
Boiling Springs, South Carolina
Reviewed October 21, 2013

My family and I enjoyed our weekend stay. Our room was very clean and the staff was very nice and helpful. They also serve an excellent breakfast every morning. There are two restaraunts within walking distance (Shoneys and Waffle House). We will stay again the next time we are in town.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
MGRHIE, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbia-Fort Jackson, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind response. It is very comforting to know that you had a wonderful weekend stay and were very pleased with our hotel. I hope to personally meet you when you visit our property on your return trip.
Charlotte
Reviewed October 17, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay. The room design was more catchy than I expected. Had the look of a nice Studio apartment, with the sunken living room floor.

Though I had never had a use for it before, it finally came time where I forgot to bring a toiletry. In this case, a razor. Mark was fast to get one for me and included packets of shaving gel. I hadn't expected those... it's like when you ask someone to pass you the salt, and they pass the pepper as well. Great anticipation of comfort by staff.

I had become familiar with Mark because during check-in 2 of my credit cards didn't work. I had to put it on the 3rd card, which I didn't really want to use. The exchange was memorable because there was never a sense of questioning my credit. It was not the first time he had seen a card not work, and assured me that it wasn't being "denied," just wasn't swiping. I appreciated his customer service and demeanor. (Hey Mark, the card did work at the gas station... so I don't know what was happening. LOL)

I didn't comment on food because I didn't eat breakfast in the hotel. I did have a wonderful stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
MGRHIE, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbia-Fort Jackson, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Hello,

I would personally like to thank you for taking the time to write such kind words. We hold our guests in the highest regard and we do our best to ensure that they never feel slighted or disprespected in any way. We also try to go the extra mile anywhere that we can to keep our guest satisfaction at a high level. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay, and I look forward to your stays with us in the future!

Thanks Again,