“Exceptional Service”

Ranked #32 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
Macon, Georgia
“Exceptional Service”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

The front desk representative, Lincoln was great. He anticipated my needs and lead me in the right direct. He helped with room selection, directions and Columbia offers being that I was not aware of the city and as a service member I appreciated his professionalism. The entire staff here was great and seemed to care about the client. They worked well together and my stay here was enjoyable.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
MGRHIE, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbia-Fort Jackson, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear CMBolder,

We truly appreciate your honest feedback of our hotel. It is refreshing to hear when our guests have a positive experience with our staff and facilities. We look forward to your next stay with us and the opportunity to extend another great experience. We hope that all your hotel stays, wherever they are, offer the same satisfaction.

Warmest Regards.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Newton, Alabama, United States
Reviewed April 10, 2013

So not only is this book early and save option not refundable. But now I know it is a total SCAM. How you ask? Well because I booked 45 days early and I got a rate of 135/night, but come to think now only 28 days out the room is 30 dollars cheaper a night? So much for the guaranteed "BOOK EARLY AND SAVE" So far and (F) for customer service. Online customer service told me all sales are final. I only hear that at pawn shops.

Room Tip: Just choose a refundable room. The hotel is pretty nice. just not nice enough to pay twice as much a...
3 Thank Jesse G
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbia-Fort Jackson, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear Jesse G,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. We strive to provide the best possible service and experience and it is always great to hear from our guests on how we are doing. It is with regret that you were unhappy with the service received and the rate you had was not at par with expectations. Rest assured that these issues will be looked into and your review will be used to consider improvements needed.

Again, many thanks for the feedback and I hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done in the future.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
raleigh, nc
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I was there for 2 nights recently and would recommend it to travelers to Columbia. Make reservations early because it fills up fast being in a military town! My room was clean and I enjoyed having a couch to sit and watch TV.

Dear kjbelair,

We thank you for your feedback of our hotel and your recommendation to other travelers. We use guests reviews like yours to improve our services. We look forward to your next stay with us and hope we can extend an even better experience. Thank you again for staying with us.

Brooklyn
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I travel a lot for work and staying at this Holiday Inn Express was one of the most pleasant experiences. When I first walked in I was greeted by the very friendly and helpful Herbert. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable, and the food was good. I will definitely stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Comfort and convenience!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Sabrina W,

We would like to thank you for your feedback of our hotel. Your feedback helps us understand our guests and improve our service. It is always great to have one of our staff members recognized for his or her customer service. We hope you will visit us again so that we may extend an even better experience. Thank you again for staying with us.

Irving, Texas
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Inside was beautiful. They were doing alot of painting while we were there. Our room was beautiful. Very clean, beds were comfortable. Indoor pool no hot tub. We used the washing machine. One was broken, there are only 2. Front desk gave change. Breakfast was the normal not great eggs, oj tasted funny like generic. Staff was very nice and helpful. Perfect location to Ft. Jackson. Close to a walmart and eating places. I would return here. This would be great place if stopping to se your solider.

Room Tip: We were on 2nd floor and we could not hear outside noise.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Irving_TexasAnneB,

We appreciate your feedback from your stay with us. It means so much to have reviews from our customers so that we may continuously improve our service and facilities. We hope that you will consider staying with us again in the future so that we may extend an even better experience. Thank you again for your stay.

Easton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I travel a lot for work, and HoliInns are my choice for hotels. So when i say, "this is the most beautiful Holiday Inn Express" i have a lot of expierence here. From the lobby to the eating area to the rooms themselves, everything about this hotel says, "we give you 5 star looks for 4 star prices."

What‘s even more impressive than the look of the hotel is the quality of the staff. They were very helpful, kind, and courteous. This is a big change from what im used to at most holiday inn expresses. Most others it seems like they don't know what the hotel industry and hospitality are.

But..

Their WiFi is horrible!! Its the only reason i didn't give it the full rating. I had a difficult time connecting with my android pad, and had to have the front desk connect me to their IT department (which they were more than happy to do). But even after i connected i was lucky to get 2 bars of coverage and THAT was spotty at best.

So I recommend this hotel if you like getting bang for your bucks. Just don't try to watch YouTube videos in your room or video confrence with your family to see the kids off to bed unless you're fortunate enough to be near rooms 122, 422, 416, or the lobby. I was in 218..

Room Tip: Have unlimited data on your cell phone plan and create your own WiFi spot for your family.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbia-Fort Jackson, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Dear kevin c,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback, we value your loyalty to our brand and hotels. We appreciate the kind words about our hotel, beautiful interior and exterior and staff being helpful, king and courteous. Our staff members are truly the heart of the hotel and we are glad it's being appreciated by our guests. Please accept my apology for the inconvenience the internet connection may have caused you. We are continually reviewing the products and service we provide, therefore guest feedback is very important to us.

Again, we wish to thank you for your input and hope to see you the next time you travel to our area.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Port Orange, Florida
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I attended a recent graduation at Fort Jackson and had to spend the night before. I booked this hotel from their site online. I have stayed at Holiday Inn Express hotels before but never one this nice and clean. I thought that it was brand new but found out that it had actually been there for several years. Kind, helpful people at check in and out. Awesome room. I will be back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Dear Jerry F,

We would like to thank you for your feedback of our hotel. Your feedback helps us understand our guests' needs and continually improve our service. It is always great to hear our staff members have provided great customer service. We take pride in appearance and cleanliness and would like to thank you for your kind comments on our decor. We hope you will visit us again so that we may extend an even better experience. Thank you again for staying with us.