Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbia-Fort Jackson
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$127
$158
$129
Sheraton.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsceiling fanfort jacksonfront deskcinnamon rollsjacuzzi tubpancake machinewaffle housearmy graduationother hotelsfirst floorsitting areaindoor poolbusiness centerbooked this hotelstaff was very friendly and helpfulking bedmini fridge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I attended a recent graduation at Fort Jackson and had to spend the night before. I booked this hotel from their site online. I have stayed at Holiday Inn Express hotels before but never one this nice and clean. I thought that it was brand new but found out that it had actually been there for several years. Kind, helpful people at check in and out. Awesome room. I will be back.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
MGRHIE, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbia-Fort Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Dear Jerry F,

We would like to thank you for your feedback of our hotel. Your feedback helps us understand our guests' needs and continually improve our service. It is always great to hear our staff members have provided great customer service. We take pride in appearance and cleanliness and would like to thank you for your kind comments on our decor. We hope you will visit us again so that we may extend an even better experience. Thank you again for staying with us.

Warmest Regards.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

I'm a military veteran and a DOD employee. I've traveled many times over the years and I can count on one hand how many times I've had good service at a hotel as well as customer friendly staff. I found this hotel to be one of the best and there were two employees that went above and beyond the standard which were Lincoln and Jenae. They were very accommodating, sociable, and always had service with a smile. This is my second extended stay here and I would definitely recommend this hotel to other travelers.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
MGRHIE, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbia-Fort Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

Dear Bryan N Liz W,

We would like to thank you for providing your feedback of our hotel. Guest reviews like yours help us understand our guest's needs and continue improving our services. When we travel, the best parts of the trip are the people we encounter and the experiences we have. We are glad to hear that two members of our team were able to leave positive impressions upon you.

It means so much that you were inspired to share your positive experience with other travelers. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to the area, even if you just stop to say hello! May all you future travels be an equally positive and memorable experience.

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed February 11, 2013

My family and I stayed at this hotel to attend a military graduation. When we arrived I was informed that my reservations had been cancelled because there was a problem with my card. I didn't receive a telephone call or email stating there was an issue with my card. So of course I was not pleased to find out we didn't have a room. Herbert who was the front desk clerk proceeded to tell me that the only room he had available was a king. So we took the king room and waited for the manager(Janay) to come on duty so that we could speak with her about the cancelling of our reservation as well as accommodating the double bed room type for my family. After speaking with her she was able to get the double bed room. Now the reservation that was cancelled had us arriving on Feb 6 instead of Feb 7 which was an error. When I explained to Janay that the reservation was suppose to be for Feb 7 with the early check in which Herbert told me would be a 30.00 charge that he would waive since the reservation was cancelled, she proceeded to tell me I would still be responsible for the night of Feb 6. Needless to say the hotel charged me for Feb 6 as a no show which I was extremely dissatisfied about. I explained what happened and the Holiday Inn staff didn't seem to care one bit. I spoke to another young lady that was a manager as well who told me there wasn't anything that could be done, and she told me that I would have to contact the 1-800 number for assistance because the reservations were made through the 1-800 number. When I called the 1-800 number ironically I was told that the hotel could definitely refund me my money. And that I would have to deal with the hotel. It seems to me I was told incorrect information by the young lady at the Holiday Inn so she wouldn't have to deal with the situation. So now I'm fighting to get my money refunded for a night that I was not even at the hotel. My family and I traveled 8 hours to SC, and I wish I had never chose to stay at the Holiday Inn. This was the WORST experience I've ever had. You know as an active duty military member I fight for our freedom, and for the Holiday Inn staff not to refund my monies spent for the night I wasn't at the hotel is truly unacceptable. I'm extremely dissatisfied with all parties that are on the Holiday Inn staff at Fort Jackson. This experience has caused me not to stay at another Holiday Inn.

PS....there was mold in the bathroom!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbia-Fort Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Dear Dissatisifed C,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your stay. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed February 8, 2013

We went to Columbia for a bct graduation. The location was perfect we were 3 miles from ft jackson. There was a Captain D's, Shoneys, and a Waffle House beside of the hotel. A gas station/convience store across the street. The complimentary breakfast at the hotel was ok, could have been better, but was ok. The rooms were clean which was most important to us. Overall, I would stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Dear Sabrina W,

We would like to thank you for your feedback of our hotel. Feedback from our guests help us understand our guests needs and improve our service. We are happy hear your enjoyed the room and our convenient location. We hope you will visit us again so that we may extend an even better experience. Thank you again for staying with us.

Warmest Regards.

Reviewed November 21, 2012

Good experience. Breakfast was excellent. Large TV, Microwave and fridge. Shower was to die for! Security was OK. Very convenient to Ft. Jackson.Updated holiday inn express with clean rooms, pleasant cleaning staff. . Location is good for easy travel north or south. Proximity to VAMC and Med school can be helpful for future applicants

Room Tip: Away from the elevator
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank RW A

Dear RW A,

Thank you for taking time to post a review of our property. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best hotel around.

Thanks for sharing with other travelers about our location. We think it is very important that when you travel to a unfamiliar area to have easy access to the places you would like to go and the people you came to visit. We hope that we may be your choice hotel for your next visit to the area.

Warmest Regards,