Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbia-Fort Jackson
Ranked #33 of 93 Hotels in Columbia
Reviewed August 1, 2012

This was our 5th stay along our route from Fl to Mi and back. We ranked this hotel NUMBER 1 for super clean, beautiful decor, comfortable beds, and friendly courteous staff. Also, the air conditioning unit was behind a wall and quiet and not under the window, a big plus and not in too many hotels for the same rate charged Will be back next time we are by this way!

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Marybk1221
MGRHIE, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbia-Fort Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

Dear Marybk1221,

Thank you for taking time to post a review of our property. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best hotel around. We are happy to hear that you are a returning guest and look forward to accommodating you on your next visit to the area. We hope that we can make your next stay even better.

Reviewed July 29, 2012

I'm generally a fan of Holiday Inn Express, so I chose this hotel based on TripAdvisor reviews for a recent quick trip to Congaree National Park. The surrounding area is not great, but what disappointed me the most was uneven state of the rooms, in particular yellowing bedlinen - as if they had been washed too many times or ineffectively. The breakfast is standard H-InnEx fare, fine for the cold stuff, slightly unappetizing eggs and biscuits.

It would be passable for a highway stopover coming down I-77.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank ThirdWrangler
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbia-Fort Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2012

Dear ThirdWrangler,

We appreciate that you took the time to review our hotel. It is our goal to consistently ensure our facilities and services are superior and we strive to provide comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations to all of our guests. I am sorry our hotel did not live up to your expectations and regret you were not fully satisfied with the condition of the room you received. While we understand that your stay was less than satisfactory, we thank you for sharing your feedback as this is our best resource for improving the quality and services we offer.

I hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed July 29, 2012

Ft. Jackson post lodging was full so we were put up at the Holiday Inn Express off of Garner's Ferry Road. Very nice, clean, newer hotel. All of the staff was very friendly. Breakfast was nice but got a little repetitive over the 2 weeks.

We went to either the Vista (downtown) or Sand Hill Mall (off I-77 north) for good dinning options.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank Lee P
MGRHIE, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbia-Fort Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

We apologize that our breakfast was not as diverse as you would have liked. We will use your comments to further improve. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay overall and look forward to accommodating you on your next visit to the area. We hope that we can make your next stay even better.

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed July 25, 2012

We stayed one night on our way to the beach. Our first standard room had plumbing issues, so we were immediately moved to a king size jacuzzi suite at no extra cost. The room was very nice with a big jacuzzi in the living area. The bed was comfortable and the extras plentiful! The hotel was quiet and seemed to be well-maintained. The front desk person was knowledgeable about local restaurants and steered us to a great locally owned spot. The location of the hotel was perfect for travelers and had many dining options nearby. The breakfast was pretty typical, but the decadent cinnamon rolls made up for the plastic eggs! I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank GinMcG

Dear GinMcG,

Thank you for taking time to post a review of our property. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best hotel around. We are happy to hear that you had a pleasant experience and look forward to accommodating you on your next visit to the area. We hope that we can make your next stay even better.

Reviewed July 7, 2012

I was traveling and due to bad weather decided to stop for the night. I was very impressed with this hotel. The lady at the front desk was very helpful and gave me some information I needed about the area since this was an unscheduled stop. My room was wonderful; I loved the update décor, very clean and comfortable. The breakfast was great compared to some other hotels I have stayed at. Upon checking out the same lady was at the desk, believe her was Karen and again she was very friendly. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. When passing through again I will stay at this hotel, great experience.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Mikey524

Dear Mikey524,

Thank you for taking time to post a review of our property. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best hotel around. We are happy to hear that you had a pleasant stay and look forward to accommodating you on your next visit to the area. We hope that we can make your next stay even better.

Reviewed April 17, 2012

I recently stayed at the Holiday Inn on Garners Ferry for a week of business at Fort Jackson.

The location is fine. Not much to eat in the immediate vicinity. You will need to take Garners Ferry towards town. When you do that, you will find many good places to eat. They are the typical casual themed chain restuarants, but the food is good and prices are decent. Traffic is heavy on Garners Ferry during rush hour.

The hotel is fine. The have the standard cardio equipment. While I was there, a knucklehead broke the elliptical trainer. Out of an abundance of caution, I do not know if I would run on Garners Ferry. The lobby area is nice. If you travel in a large group, this would be a nice area to meet and hang-out. The rooms are fine. Everything worked. Had a mini-fridge. Room "felt clean".

One drawback was when I checked-in. The lady at the counter was on the phone in the back room. I had to use the house phone to call the front desk to get her check me in. I had low expectations for the hotel and that was my first contact with them. But things improved.

I would stay at this hotel again. If I have business at Fort Jackson again, I am even inclined to stay at this particular hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank elcid89tn
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbia-Fort Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2012

Dear elcid89tn,

Thank you very much for your recent stay with us. We hope you enjoyed the location of our hotel as well as your room accommodations. We are deeply sorry the service you received at check in fell below your expectations. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product and for this reason your comments are very troubling and will certainly be looked into. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed March 21, 2012

Stayed here while driving back from Florida. Found this to be a very nice hotel (wish all HI Expresses we're like this one). Interesting decor, lots of dark wood accents. Room was very large, quiet and comfortable (ours had a step down to a small office/work area with a laminate wood floor - very nice). Breakfast is the same as all other HI Expresses but the sitting area is very large and nicely decorated. Cons: as others noted, found the front desk a little indifferent which didn't really bother me because I didn't have many dealings with them anyways. Wireless is very spotty (couldn't detect their network in our room while I could detect the Comfort Inn's network from across the road). Just went down to the lobby and sat in one of the big chairs to use my iPad. Even with these cons still found it excellent and Would certainly recommend. Next time through Columbia I will certainly stay here again.

Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank WhitbyRovers

Dear WhitbyRovers,

Thank you for taking time to post a review of our property. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best hotel around. We apologize for making you feel that our customer service fell below your expectations and are working to improve in this area. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay overall and look forward to accommodating you on your next visit to the area. We hope that we can make your next stay even better.

Warmest Regards,