Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbia-Fort Jackson
Ranked #33 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
Nashville, Tennessee
“Fine for Business”
Reviewed April 17, 2012

I recently stayed at the Holiday Inn on Garners Ferry for a week of business at Fort Jackson.

The location is fine. Not much to eat in the immediate vicinity. You will need to take Garners Ferry towards town. When you do that, you will find many good places to eat. They are the typical casual themed chain restuarants, but the food is good and prices are decent. Traffic is heavy on Garners Ferry during rush hour.

The hotel is fine. The have the standard cardio equipment. While I was there, a knucklehead broke the elliptical trainer. Out of an abundance of caution, I do not know if I would run on Garners Ferry. The lobby area is nice. If you travel in a large group, this would be a nice area to meet and hang-out. The rooms are fine. Everything worked. Had a mini-fridge. Room "felt clean".

One drawback was when I checked-in. The lady at the counter was on the phone in the back room. I had to use the house phone to call the front desk to get her check me in. I had low expectations for the hotel and that was my first contact with them. But things improved.

I would stay at this hotel again. If I have business at Fort Jackson again, I am even inclined to stay at this particular hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank elcid89tn
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbia-Fort Jackson, responded to this review, May 29, 2012
Dear elcid89tn,

Thank you very much for your recent stay with us. We hope you enjoyed the location of our hotel as well as your room accommodations. We are deeply sorry the service you received at check in fell below your expectations. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product and for this reason your comments are very troubling and will certainly be looked into. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Whitby,Ontario
Reviewed March 21, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here while driving back from Florida. Found this to be a very nice hotel (wish all HI Expresses we're like this one). Interesting decor, lots of dark wood accents. Room was very large, quiet and comfortable (ours had a step down to a small office/work area with a laminate wood floor - very nice). Breakfast is the same as all other HI Expresses but the sitting area is very large and nicely decorated. Cons: as others noted, found the front desk a little indifferent which didn't really bother me because I didn't have many dealings with them anyways. Wireless is very spotty (couldn't detect their network in our room while I could detect the Comfort Inn's network from across the road). Just went down to the lobby and sat in one of the big chairs to use my iPad. Even with these cons still found it excellent and Would certainly recommend. Next time through Columbia I will certainly stay here again.

Stayed March 2012
2 Thank WhitbyRovers
MGRHIE, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbia-Fort Jackson, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Dear WhitbyRovers,

Thank you for taking time to post a review of our property. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best hotel around. We apologize for making you feel that our customer service fell below your expectations and are working to improve in this area. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay overall and look forward to accommodating you on your next visit to the area. We hope that we can make your next stay even better.

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed February 24, 2012

1st and for most the new faces at this hotel are a great addition to the hotel. After traveling all day all we finally found this hotel and my family was glad we did. The breakfast was awsome and free! The room was huge and the upgrade the lady gave us was probably the best part. My kids loved the pool being in door. There really is no place like home but I tell you if you have to be away from home and near Fort Jackson this is the hotel you should try. Really big thanks to the staff it was a great stay!

The Gault Family

4 Thank Bells247
Dear Bells247,

Thank you for taking time to post a review of our property. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best hotel around. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and enjoyed our upgrades and amenities. We look forward to accommodating you on your next visit to the area. We hope that we can make your next stay even better.

Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed February 20, 2012

The area is not all that attractive, but the hotel was surprisingly nice. The only reason I did not give excellent is because the very last lady I spoke to this morning was rude. Otherwise, everyone was terrific, helpful, and friendly. The hot breakfast was actually really good. The indoor pool was freezing this time of year, but the kids love it anyway. The rooms were very clean and well designed. We needed a crib and extra towels at different points during our stay, and they arrived within minutes. The internet in the room was fast and the workstation was roomy with a comfortable chair. My wife felt that the hair dryer was the best hotel hair dryer she has ever encountered.

Room Tip: On the first and second floor, there is a "party room", but the noise is minimal and parti...
1 Thank DoctorGB
Dear DoctorGB,

Thank you for taking time to post a review of our property. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best hotel around. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay overall and look forward to accommodating you on your next visit to the area. We hope that we can make your next stay even better.

jacksonville
Reviewed February 17, 2012

Spent one night this past Wednesday 02/15/2012 having gotten the reservation made through Victory Travel on Fort Jackson. We sent to see my son's Rite of Passage for Thursday. We were STUNNED to say the least at how clean and beautiful the room was. The bed was very comfortable and warm, although we did ask for another blanket. The young man "Lincoln" was on his name tag checked us in and was very nice and professional. It is walking distance to Waffle House, Captain D's and Shoney's. It's in a good area seemingly new businesses being built. The hotel was sold out but we never heard any noise from any rooms. We so enjoyed out stay we changed our reservations from another hotel to this one for next week's family day and graduation at Fort Jackson. We did not have the breakfast as we had slept too long. There is coffee pot, microwave and a small refrigerator in room. It looks like a brand new hotel. I highly recommend it.

1 Thank flanurse
Dear Flanurse.

Thank you for taking time to post a review of our property. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best hotel around. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our hotel amenities and upgrades. We look forward to accommodating you on your next visit to the area and hope that we can make your next stay even better.

Reviewed February 11, 2012

Stayed here the other night. I preface my review with this: I don't normally stay at HI properties b/c I generally think there are better places for the money. In fact, I stayed here only b/c i didn't have reservations and my first choice was full. All that having been said, I offer the following:

The property was nice. Clean, large rooms and new. My room had a stand up shower (not a tub) which I really liked. It's close to fort Jackson where I'm working and right off the interstate. There are a few places to eat nearby, although not within walking distance.

Cons: the Wi-Fi connection takes forever to negotiate and when you do finally connect it's not exactly the fastest connection you'll find. Also no continental breakfast, only restaurant style. You do get a breakfast voucher with the room, so its ok of you're not too choosy; that's not what I like though.

Bottom line: If you can live with the cons, I'd recommend.

• Stayed February 2012
Dear Daddyx3,

Thank you for taking time to post a review of our property. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best hotel around. We unfortunately are not aware of any breakfast 'coupons' given via our hotel to our guests during the time of your stay. Our hotel offers an Express Start, self-serve hot breakfast bar and we do not feature a restaurant on-site. We would be more than happy to provide you with further information about our amenities, if you'd like. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay overall and look forward to accommodating you on your next visit to the area. We hope that we can make your next stay even better.

HIGH POINT
Reviewed February 9, 2012

I wish all Holiday Inn's were like this one. Check in was quick. On my card holder, was listed my current points. Given a coupon for two drinks or two snacks.
Room was spotless. Roomy, jacuzzi tub inside the step down living room. Plus a regular shower in the bathroom. Nice couch, chairs, tables. Breakfast was great. Check out was drop off the keys and leave.
I will stay here every time!!!!!!!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Dear Joe C,

Thank you for taking time to post a review of our property. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best hotel around. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our amenities, breakfast and upgrades. We look forward to accommodating you on your next visit to the area. We hope that we can make your next stay even better.