I recently stayed at the Holiday Inn on Garners Ferry for a week of business at Fort Jackson.
The location is fine. Not much to eat in the immediate vicinity. You will need to take Garners Ferry towards town. When you do that, you will find many good places to eat. They are the typical casual themed chain restuarants, but the food is good and prices are decent. Traffic is heavy on Garners Ferry during rush hour.
The hotel is fine. The have the standard cardio equipment. While I was there, a knucklehead broke the elliptical trainer. Out of an abundance of caution, I do not know if I would run on Garners Ferry. The lobby area is nice. If you travel in a large group, this would be a nice area to meet and hang-out. The rooms are fine. Everything worked. Had a mini-fridge. Room "felt clean".
One drawback was when I checked-in. The lady at the counter was on the phone in the back room. I had to use the house phone to call the front desk to get her check me in. I had low expectations for the hotel and that was my first contact with them. But things improved.
I would stay at this hotel again. If I have business at Fort Jackson again, I am even inclined to stay at this particular hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Columbia hotel is surrounded by businesses and attractions. The Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites of Columbia-Fort Jackson, located 14 miles from Columbia Metropolitan Airport (CAE) and 5 miles from the CLB Amtrak Station, puts you only minutes away from the major business and culture districts of Columbia, SC. Business travelers lodging in this Columbia hotel are less than five miles from the Vista and Five Points business districts as well as the State Capitol. You'll find our Columbia hotel is one of the closest accommodations to both Fort Jackson and the University of South Carolina. Both the Columbia Metropolitan Convention Center and the hotel's three meeting rooms are available for you to host an event while traveling. The area offers a vibrant cultural life. You can check out the art galleries in Five Points or relax at Finlay Park in the Vista near our Columbia hotel. Downtown Columbia hosts multiple art shows, free concerts, and cultural events throughout the year. You'll also find the peaceful Riverfront Park ,as well as Riverbanks Zoo and Botanical Gardens within seven miles of the hotel. This Columbia hotel shows you true southern hospitality by offering amenities such as a 24-hour convenience store and an indoor, heated pool and whirlpool. You'll enjoy a complimentary hot breakfast bar and a 100% non-smoking hotel room when you stay at the Columbia, SC Holiday Inn Express hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Expedia, Orbitz, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick and Hotel.de so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbia-Fort Jackson reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Columbia-Fort Jackson
- Holiday Inn Columbia
- Holiday Inn Express Columbia
- Columbia Holiday Inn