“New Year's stay with my son.”

Extended Stay America - Columbia - West - Stoneridge Dr.
Ranked #64 of 93 Hotels in Columbia
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Recently my son and I met up in Columbia, SC to spend the new year together. I traveled from Georgia and he traveled from North Carolina. We stayed at Studio Plus Studios right near Columbia Zoo. This place had the friendliest staff since the minute I walked in that front door. The rooms were very spacious and very clean. We had plenty of clean towels. There were 3 malls we ended up going to which were very easy to find. We went to the movies the first night. The next 2 days we went shopping and found really good deals. We ate at the Oceanview restaurant which had great seafood and service. We went to the Columbia Zoo which we enjoyed very much even though we are adults. New Year's eve we headed downtown Columbia to join the countdown and watch the fireworks go off behind the capital building. I have never seen anything so fantastic. The last day New Year's day we ate lunch at the Lizard's Thicket. Great food and service there. I want to thank the wonderfuld staff at Studio Plus for making our trip one to remember. They were so helpful and making sure we had what we needed.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Janice T

Reviewed October 27, 2012

I thought when we moved in that this motel would have all the amenities that we would need to have during out extended stay. he staff seemed to be very pleasant until there was a problem. I could not have housekeeping because I had dogs (supposedly pet friendly). The housekeeper refused to come into the room despite the fact that my dogs were crated. In fact, I was told that my dog was "on the couch" while I was away. I've had some very smart dogs, however, I never had a dog who could unlock the crate, open the door, sleep on the couch, and before I arrived back able to do it all in reverse, being locked in her crate when I opened the door. Also had numerous complaints about dogs barking all day long....however every time I came in, the dogs were asleep in their crates. The staff was rude and very unhelpful. Smoke alarm disconnected from the ceiling, filthy oven, dirty floors, and even the housekeeper refusing to come into the room with the dogs in crates because they barked. I don't know about everyone with a dog who does not bark when a stranger comes in, but my dogs quickly quited down when I told them to. The housekeeper told us that they did not clean the kitchen, wash floors and complained the entire time she was in the room. The office staff spoke to me as though I was unreasonable to ask for anything. When they ran my card early, itn was shared with other staff and probably other guests. It took a call to corporate to get the oven clean and the smoke detector fixed. The security door was broken (and still is), they have a "dog area' with no clean up bags, and several people with large dogs who do their business and are not cleaned up afterwords. Not only will I not stay here again, I would strongly suggest that another place should be found. There is an Affordable Suites just down the road with cheaper prices, apartment style rooms and clean. Check out their website and you will not see ANY negative postings.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
cripley, Owner at Extended Stay America - Columbia - West - Stoneridge Dr., responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2012

Reviewed March 17, 2012

the office worker was extremely rude on many occasions, i would not suggest having any problems after paying your bill because as i quote on my problem i was told "it will be on you" no fitness room trash under bed and a water bug or roach don't quite know it was just huge crawled from under the stove . and watch for anything being sent to you because it most likely wont arrive the maintenance man and a couple of house keeping were helpful . would i return no i would not if i hadn't already paid i would leave 300 a wk u think u would get better.the stdio pus in ft wayne in way bether wonderful staff fitness and very clean dishwahers and were 60 dollars cheaper.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Eula A
Reviewed September 4, 2011

About what you expect for the price. Clean enough, but the furniture, appliances, etc are worn down. The sofa in the room was stained.

The a/c in the room was off, so the room was very hot. Even with the a/c at full blast, it took several hours to cool the room to tolerable. It did not reach a comfortable temp until the next morning.

• Stayed: September 2011
2  Thank IBeSoEloquent
Reviewed September 3, 2011

This place was excellent for someone looking for a place to stay for extended periods of time. I was here for three months and my expectations were exceeded for the price I was paying for the room.

There were several issues with my rooms during my stay. The first room I stayed in had a massive leak in the ceiling. The staff did a good job of getting me moved to a new room. This same problem also occurred in the second room. This was frustrating, however, the staff again was very accommodating. it was definitely more than I expected from a budget extended stay place.

The Inside access to the room is very nice and uncommon in some of the older extended stay properties. The room for the most part was very clean and had a weekly maid service that was reliable. The area is relatively safe, and there were no problems with security or other rowdy guests. The property is not very flashy, nor should you expect this for the price you are paying. It is enough to fulfill your needs.

BOTTOM LINE: it's not going to impress you with flash or opulence, but it's a great value and perfect for a short term place to stay.

Room Tip: rooms on the bottom floor are the most convenient.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 29, 2010

I read the other reviews and prayed they were accurate & found out they certainly were. Place looks nice for the exterior but the interior is worn and outdated. But I never have seen a place this clean, new fridge, new bedding and mattress, new shower cutain and super clean. Great value for the money. If you want to save money and sleep with no regrets this is it. If every place was this clean we would never have any complaints. Perfect for 1 night while travelling. Also very quite, no cars at night and no highways nearby to keep you awake. Staff was polite as well. Will come back again.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank davedmdusa
Reviewed September 12, 2010

I had a very nice stay and I really enjoyed the customer service and my stay.

• Stayed: September 2010