“Minor Issues. If Ever In The Area Again. Will Stay Again.”

Wingate by Wyndham Columbia / Ft. Jackson
Ranked #37 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Minor Issues. If Ever In The Area Again. Will Stay Again.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

We stayed here for my son's Basic Training Graduation from Ft. Jackson. The staff is very friendly and courteous. I always check my room upon arrival whenever I stay at a hotel and when I got to my room I noticed that the shower head was missing. I called the front desk to report it and they moved me to a different room. When I got to my second room, two of the pillow cases had brown spots on them. Again, I called the front desk and they brought up fresh pillows. I enjoyed having a microwave, refrigerator, and a flat tv in the room. The breakfast was nice with waffles, cereal, pastries, toast, bagel, eggs, sausage, yogurt, fresh fruit, milk, coffee, and juice. I also liked the fact that the hotel is on a street that has many restaurants to choose from and there's a Walmart and a nice outdoor mall nearby. Ft. Jackson is not far from the hotel at all, but if you're going for family day/graduation, leave early because the traffic is heavy.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

Very convenient location close to Hwy. Decent hotel, good service. May use some upgrades. We booked through Hotels.com a room with 2 double beds for 5 people (3 adults and 2 kids) but there was no sofa so one person had to sleep on the floor.

Room Tip: We booked through Hotels.com a room with 2 double beds for 5 people (3 adults and 2 kids) but there...
Minneapolis, Minnesota
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

Arrived at a rush hour on Saturday. One staff person to check people in. A long wait ensued. Why would management skimp on this at such a time? If they're skimping on this, what else are they skimping on?
Door to room was damaged.
Location is convenient to the interstate. But right next to a busy gas station. ...Got to enjoy vehicles peeling away from the gas station through the night. No coffee convenient to the hotel.
Breakfast was quite poor. Sausage, eggs, oatmeal--all cold. Quite possibly the worst coffee that I've ever been offered.
Quite overpriced given all of this.
HW customers can expect to be given a room w two double beds.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Burlington, NC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

After a 4 hour drive, we were glad to pull off of I-77 and onto Two Notch Rd. (8 miles north of Columbia, SC) and into Wingate by Wyndham's parking lot. We got there about Noon, which was a couple of hours before the 2:00 check-in time.

We found out at the front desk that our room was empty and ready, and they said we could go ahead and check in... for a hefty "early check-in fee" of about 1/3rd of the cost of the room. Uh, no. We chose to go eat lunch instead. Didn't really appreciate the desk's smuggness - actually, it was embarrassing.

Other than that, the hotel was rather good. we hadWe liked the room, beds, and a good hot breakfast. Not sure I'd return, though --- as I wasn't thrilled with the check-in. There were a couple of other nice looking hotels next door.

Room Tip: Outside of downtown Columbia, SC by about 8 miles --- but a good spot to stay, eat, and shop a litt...