We were a family coming for the funeral of a close family member. Location was the key. All be aware....the train tracks are right next to this hotel and trains do come through in the middle of the night.
I booked two rooms, for 3 nights, at a rate of $75.20. The advantage on the website was supposed to be a discount for a 2 or more night stay. No mention of rate change on this site. When we received our "under the door" bill, yesterday. There had been a rate change. Third night of stay was $83.20, which was a surprise to me! I had also booked one room for one night only. I tried to do (add the additional one night room) on line but was "thrown out" of the system, repeatedly. Seems as soon as you attempt to apply or request any other discounts (AAA, AARP) you are gone! When I called and spoke to a reservation clerk, she also had trouble trying to even secure a "Super Saver" discount. It was at least a 15 minute process to get this single room booked.
When I questioned the desk clerk, at the hotel before check out, about the rate change, she also had trouble accessing the information. She finally said it was "across the board" change. I told her, due to this, I would never stay at another Wingate and her reply was, "That's OK". Beware to others! There are LOTS of hotels on Two Notch Road...not all next to railroad tracks!!!
Rooms were OK and seemed clean. They are not all "uniform" though. One King room had a couch and the other two only had a chair and ottoman. Room on the third floor did not have a thermosat for AC/heat....just levels of running fan, which was noisy.
Breakfast is just OK. Belgium waffle maker is the hit. First morning, Monday (3/19) there was no cereal or yogurt. It did appear for the next two mornings.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Wingate by Wyndham 3 star hotel is a distinctive prototype, this beautiful Wingate by Wyndham in Columbia is conveniently located near the intersection of I-77 and I-20. Within close proximity to the State Capital. Just minutes from Fort Jackson, the University of South Carolina, state governmental agencies and Columbia Metropolitan Airport. Columbia is also home to Fort Jackson, the Army's largest and most active initial-entry training center and Congaree National Park, South Carolina's first and only national park. Visit the Riverbanks Zoo, Edventrue, (interactive learning museum and exhibit for children), or spend a fall Saturday afternoon at the beautiful University of South Carolina campus. Be it business or leisure, Wingate by Wyndham Columbia provides a pleasant and productive environment on the road, offering enabling technologies, and relevant amenities. Wingate by Wyndham hotel aims to ensure your satisfaction by providing a comprehensive guest experience for one all inclusive price. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Wingate by Wyndham Columbia / Ft. Jackson reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wingate By Wyndham Columbia / Ft. Jackson Hotel Columbia
- Wingate Hotel Columbia Northeast