Hampton Inn Columbia-I-26 Harbison Boulevard
Sheraton.com
  • Restaurant
$93
1,017 results
All reviewswalking pathsmall lakenice walkingpet friendly hotelgreat hotelcolumbiana mallrestaurants and shoppingexcellent stayeasy accessdefinitely stay here againfront desk staffthe breakfast arealong drivesitting areawould highly recommend this hotelrooms are cleanfresh fruit
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 21, 2014

Lobby personnel were friendly and helpful. Room was clean and relaxing. Had everything I needed. Having complimentary coffee available at all times (Lobby) was wonderful! The complimentary breakfast had a wide variety of choices...not just a bunch of pastries. Wish I could have stayed longer!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
MellisaAyer, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Columbia-I-26 Harbison Boulevard, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2014

Thank you AnnT for your 5 star review. We are so thankful you chose to stay with us while traveling for we know there are many options to choose from. We wish you could have stayed with us longer too, come back again soon!

Take care,

Reviewed June 18, 2014

Let me start by saying this hotel is easy to get to, though GPS helps, and it is clean and attractive in a fairly standard Hampton way. Staff was pleasant and got us checked in quickly. The room was clean and very quiet, and all amenities were clean and working properly.
My wife and I had a difference of opinion on my two fairly minor complaints, which she said were nothing. You can judge if they would bother you. First, upon checkout, the two women at the desk were carrying on fairly animated, loud conversations with male guests loitering at the desk. The conversations continued as we checked in, distracting both the desk clerks and me. As a former hotel employee, I believe that the guest(s) with whom you are conducting business should be your sole focus. Everything else should cease until you are finished. My second issue was that, upon returning to the hotel later in the evening, all I wanted was a cup of tea. There was no hot water urn and, after waiting 15 minutes, I gave up. The lack of a back-up switch out and assure little or no wait is just poor planning, resulting in poor service. My wife said I was too critical, however; she noted that her earlier tea water from the lobby urn tasted of coffee. She can't stand coffee, so that was inexcusable to her.
As I said, our issues were minor and may not bother others, but I also know I am not the pickiest traveler out there. Overall our experience was very good.
To return to a high point in closing, I stupidly left a couple of good shirts in the closet, and didn't realize it until we were all the way up to Maryland. My wife called and spoke to Laura, who very nicely located the shirts and arranged to mail them to me, tacking the postage onto our credit card charge. She must have handled it immediately since I got the shirts in good condition one business day afterward. Many thanks.
BTW, this property is close to a number of dining choices, as well as the plethora of shopping centers along Harbison. This will be a top choice for future visits to Columbia.

Room Tip: Even rooms near ice and vending are quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear HowlnBubba,

We are grateful you took a moment to share your experience with us and all of our viewers. We like to know about all guest experiences, no matter how particular they may be. It takes all suggestions to keep us at the top, as our property is always a high ranking award winning hotel within the Hampton brand. We are glad to hear the accommodations and overall service et your needs. We do encourage our staff to be playful and always remind them no matter what, they are always on stage. We have already shared your observations and experience with the team as an opportunity to learn. We do hope you will plan to return again soon.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

We had 4 families staying one night, on a Friday evening, when traveling from TN before we headed to the beach the next day. We booked 4 rooms and when we arrived we found an absolutely unique hotel tucked in against a lake, with a park-like setting. The outdoor area had a wonderful medium sized pool tucked in against an outdoor grilling/living room type area, replete with outdoor fireplace and big screen TV under a cabana-like area with great couches and chairs. A great family setting and very close to things like the mall and Greenwoods discount wine, but in a nicely quieted setting due to the large number of trees that line the roads.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Dear auklazer,

We couldn't have described our hotel any better ourselves-thank you for your kind review. Many times our guest are surprised to find our quiet little hotel to be such a retreat in the middle of such a busy exit. It really is all you need. You should see the lake in the fall! Please know you're welcome back anytime!

Safe travels,

Reviewed June 17, 2014

Just what you would expect from a Hampton Inn. Warm welcome, friendly staff, comfortable rooms and breakfast. Hotel was recently updated and done well. Loved the pool and outdoor seating area. Only complaint I have, and it may just be me, but the eggs were eh!

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Dear dlaw10263,

Thank you for your outstanding review. It is always so delightful to hear about our guest experiences and to learn we continue to impress upon our guest. It means a lot of our staff for your time in posting a review to share with our future travelers. We do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.

Best regards,

Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

I recently stayed here as I was at a training for work and they offered state employee discount. The stay was amazing! The staff was very friendly and helpful and the rooms were clean. I don't think I had an updated room but it was still very nice. The location was close to everything and had easy access on and off 1-26. I would definitely return for business or pleasure!

• Stayed: May 2014

Hello jordannat,

We are very grateful you had the opportunity to stay with us while on government training business while in Columbia, SC. Our staff strives each day to make our guest feel welcomed and cared for, it’s awesome you had a chance to see us at our best. All of our guest rooms have been fully refurbished as of May 2014-from ceiling to floor, with the exception of our bathrooms. Everyone has been very pleased with the new modern appearance. If there is something your room was missing we would like to hear the suggestion as to how we could have made the room more accommodating. We do hope to welcome you back again soon!