Let me start by saying this hotel is easy to get to, though GPS helps, and it is clean and attractive in a fairly standard Hampton way. Staff was pleasant and got us checked in quickly. The room was clean and very quiet, and all amenities were clean and working properly.
My wife and I had a difference of opinion on my two fairly minor complaints, which she said were nothing. You can judge if they would bother you. First, upon checkout, the two women at the desk were carrying on fairly animated, loud conversations with male guests loitering at the desk. The conversations continued as we checked in, distracting both the desk clerks and me. As a former hotel employee, I believe that the guest(s) with whom you are conducting business should be your sole focus. Everything else should cease until you are finished. My second issue was that, upon returning to the hotel later in the evening, all I wanted was a cup of tea. There was no hot water urn and, after waiting 15 minutes, I gave up. The lack of a back-up switch out and assure little or no wait is just poor planning, resulting in poor service. My wife said I was too critical, however; she noted that her earlier tea water from the lobby urn tasted of coffee. She can't stand coffee, so that was inexcusable to her.
As I said, our issues were minor and may not bother others, but I also know I am not the pickiest traveler out there. Overall our experience was very good.
To return to a high point in closing, I stupidly left a couple of good shirts in the closet, and didn't realize it until we were all the way up to Maryland. My wife called and spoke to Laura, who very nicely located the shirts and arranged to mail them to me, tacking the postage onto our credit card charge. She must have handled it immediately since I got the shirts in good condition one business day afterward. Many thanks.
BTW, this property is close to a number of dining choices, as well as the plethora of shopping centers along Harbison. This will be a top choice for future visits to Columbia.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the great outdoors close to the Hampton Inn on the Lake at Harbison hotel in Columbia, SC. Request a free bicycle and helmet, and ride the paved trail along Lake Harbison adjacent to our hotel. Our pet loving families enjoy the short walk around the lake. We offer comfy and convenient accommodation for guests attending a conference at the Columbia Conference Center only 2 miles away. Walk to Columbiana Center Mall, Columbia's largest shopping district, and dine in one of our many restaurant options. Admire nature at Harbison State Forest, or take the family to Frankie’s Fun Park, just a mile away. Still need more? We're just minutes from the Historic Columbia Downtown District home of the USC Carolina Gamecocks, multiple state museums, sail on Lake Murray or take short drive to Historic Newberry. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hampton Inn Columbia-I-26 Harbison Boulevard reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn On The Lake At Harbison Hotel Columbia
- Hampton Inn Columbia
- Columbia Hampton Inn
- Hampton Inn Harbison Blvd