“Very peaceful”

Hampton Inn Columbia-I-26 Harbison Boulevard
Ranked #1 of 93 Hotels in Columbia
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Take advantage of the pond and walking trails right behind this hotel. The hotel has a few bikes you can borrow to discover them. The staff is very helpful and welcoming. The rooms are updated and very comfortable.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank AimeeG923
Mellisa A, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Columbia-I-26 Harbison Boulevard, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2013

Many thanks for taking time to post this review and for choosing our Hampton Inn while traveling through Columbia, SC. We were glad to be part your trip and to hear that you had enjoyable stay with us. We do hope to host you again soon.

Best regards,

Reviewed October 18, 2013

I have taken our soccer team to this hotel on several occasions. Nicole is always very accomodating in meeting our every need and she always gives us a great rate. This hotel is very clean and has a great outdoor seating and eating area. The staff are all VERY friendly. They go out of their way to make you feel at home.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Dear DavidH,

We are very thankful to have you & your team as one of our loyal guests and for also taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor. I will be sure to share your kind words with our team as they are indeed always eager to hear about our guest experiences. Our hotel team is one of our best assets and they work hard everyday to ensure overall great experiences. I couldn't agree with you more, Nicole is an awesome asset to my sales team and you can tell she enjoys her position very much. I have shared your comments with her as well.

When our guests notice what we do, and how hard we work together it keeps us striving until the next time. Again, we appreciate your continued loyalty and look forward to welcoming your team again soon!

Safe travels,

Reviewed October 16, 2013

Very nice Hampton Inn. Stayed on the 5th floor, because it's not a pet floor. It was clean and comfortable. I always enjoy the coffee/ tea at Hampton. Breakfast was good, family enjoyed omelettes and oatmeal. Area was clean with nice furniture. Also has a beautiful outdoor deck area. Hotel is on a small lake, we enjoyed the short walking trail around the lake that is directly accessed by the Hampton. They have maps at the front desk of how the trail connects up with other trails. Also, about a 5 minute drive away is Harbison state forest, where long hiking trails are available.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Dear Hotelforus,

Just wanted to say how grateful we are for your kind words and review. We always appreciate to hear about our guest travels and experiences. Each and every day not only does our team work hard on the every days ins and outs but we seek out opportunities to exceed expectations. Thank you very much for acknowledge the breakfast and how much you enjoyed your morning. If you enjoy the outdoors our hotel is a great choice for you-Lake Harbison, Lake Murray, Harbison State Forrest, and Saluda Shoals Park are all at your finger tips!

Hope to see you again soon,

Reviewed October 13, 2013

Friendly staff, fantastic seating for relaxing and eating breakfast with a view of the lake, nicely decorated, quiet, and close to everything for fun. We took a walk around the lake after breakfast and we had such a nice time. The ducks from the lake visit the hotel grounds but don't feed them, they have warnings about it on the trail.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Hello DeverlyC,

Just wanted to thank you for your kind words and review regarding your stay at our Hampton Inn. We are glad to be a part of your travels to Columbia!! It sounds like you really enjoyed your visit, the hotel and all our accommodations we had to offer. Great accommodations partnered with our friendly award winning service and hopefully you have a win every time! We hope to have you back for a visit again soon!

Best wishes,

Director of Sales

P.S. Many people comment on the ducks, but you're the first to remind others not to feed them. Thanks for this-it's hard not too when they are so cute and welcome you in the parking lot, but feeding them keeps them from migrating. We want what is best for our cute neighbors!

Reviewed October 10, 2013

I stay at this hotel about 6 to 8 times a year. The staff is very friendly and attentive to the guests. The entire property is clean (including the rooms) and well maintained. I guess I work too much because it was only after my 3rd or 4th time staying that I noticed that there was a lake behind the hotel. The lake has a walking or biking trail that goes all the way around the lake. I now especially enjoy the hotel because I take a relaxing walk around the lake after a getting off from work; while I am in town. The hotel is also in close proximity to Columbiana Centre Mall and every restraunt that you can possibly want.

Room Tip: Rooms on right hand side (back) of the hotel have the best view of the lake
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Hello FrequenttraveBB,

First, we would just like to thank you for your loyalty and continued support when you visit Columbia, SC. Without committed guest like yourself we wouldn't be the #2 Hampton in the State. I couldn't help but to chuckle at your review, I'm sorry you've missed the lake so many times. We love our property and proximity to the trails, as you mentioned it is a very nice end to a long day-be it work or travel! We'll see you back at your 2nd home again soon!

Take care,

Reviewed October 9, 2013

Great comfortable rooms. We had a lake view. Friendly staff at front desk and breakfast area. Another clean, calm Hampton Inn. Room had a nice work desk and desk chair. Breakfast had enough choices. Good location off freeway and near restaurants.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear NicoleDiane,

We are very thankful for your review and for you choosing to stay with us while traveling through. We do hope to become a regular stop!! Hampton as a brand does a fantastic job to make sure each one of us are performing as we should. Just recently we earned our 32nd consecutive Outstanding Quality Assurance score, just another reason to shout about our team! It is our employees and company which make us stand out from the rest!!

Look forward to seeing you back again soon,

Reviewed October 4, 2013

We had never stayed at a Hampton Inn before, although we have traveled extensively by car across the United States several times. We found this hotel on the internet when looking for a dog friendly accommodation. This Hotel was a pleasant surprise, located on a beautiful lake with a walking trail that our Cocker Spaniel loved! Everyone was extrememly pleasant and we will look for more Hampton Inns in the future. Thank you for the great stay and great value!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Greeting AnneG!!

Well, we are glad it was our hotel who had the privilege of introducing you to the Hampton brand. Hopefully now you will only stay Hampton, there are over 1800 of us to enjoy! Being Pet Friendly is not a choice all Hampton's participate in, however I have a feeling there will be more joining us as traveling with pets is becoming more common. You should have to sacrifice your quality of stay because you choose to travel with the "entire" family-and it sounds like we delivered! Hope you have you back again soon!

Safe travels,