“Check Out The Lake Behind The Hotel!”

Hampton Inn Columbia-I-26 Harbison Boulevard
Ranked #2 of 93 Hotels in Columbia
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I stay at this hotel about 6 to 8 times a year. The staff is very friendly and attentive to the guests. The entire property is clean (including the rooms) and well maintained. I guess I work too much because it was only after my 3rd or 4th time staying that I noticed that there was a lake behind the hotel. The lake has a walking or biking trail that goes all the way around the lake. I now especially enjoy the hotel because I take a relaxing walk around the lake after a getting off from work; while I am in town. The hotel is also in close proximity to Columbiana Centre Mall and every restraunt that you can possibly want.

Room Tip: Rooms on right hand side (back) of the hotel have the best view of the lake
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Mellisa A, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Columbia-I-26 Harbison Boulevard, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2013

Hello FrequenttraveBB,

First, we would just like to thank you for your loyalty and continued support when you visit Columbia, SC. Without committed guest like yourself we wouldn't be the #2 Hampton in the State. I couldn't help but to chuckle at your review, I'm sorry you've missed the lake so many times. We love our property and proximity to the trails, as you mentioned it is a very nice end to a long day-be it work or travel! We'll see you back at your 2nd home again soon!

Take care,

Reviewed October 9, 2013

Great comfortable rooms. We had a lake view. Friendly staff at front desk and breakfast area. Another clean, calm Hampton Inn. Room had a nice work desk and desk chair. Breakfast had enough choices. Good location off freeway and near restaurants.

Dear NicoleDiane,

We are very thankful for your review and for you choosing to stay with us while traveling through. We do hope to become a regular stop!! Hampton as a brand does a fantastic job to make sure each one of us are performing as we should. Just recently we earned our 32nd consecutive Outstanding Quality Assurance score, just another reason to shout about our team! It is our employees and company which make us stand out from the rest!!

Look forward to seeing you back again soon,

Reviewed October 4, 2013

We had never stayed at a Hampton Inn before, although we have traveled extensively by car across the United States several times. We found this hotel on the internet when looking for a dog friendly accommodation. This Hotel was a pleasant surprise, located on a beautiful lake with a walking trail that our Cocker Spaniel loved! Everyone was extrememly pleasant and we will look for more Hampton Inns in the future. Thank you for the great stay and great value!

Greeting AnneG!!

Well, we are glad it was our hotel who had the privilege of introducing you to the Hampton brand. Hopefully now you will only stay Hampton, there are over 1800 of us to enjoy! Being Pet Friendly is not a choice all Hampton's participate in, however I have a feeling there will be more joining us as traveling with pets is becoming more common. You should have to sacrifice your quality of stay because you choose to travel with the "entire" family-and it sounds like we delivered! Hope you have you back again soon!

Safe travels,

Reviewed September 29, 2013

The property is pet friendly. Outdoor area next to the pool featured a sitting area with exterior fireplace, grill and comforting sitting. Lake behind property had a walking/jogging path .64 mile around it. Property is good location for easy access to interstate, good selection of restaurants and shopping. The employees showed they cared about their property- this is rare and greatly appreciated by me.

1  Thank Rex M

Hello RexM,

We just want to say thank you for recognizing our team and all of their efforts. Each day our team strives to find ways to be better and continuously always be one step above the competition. Thank you for acknowledging this, I will for sure share your review in our next team huddle. We do hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back!

Reviewed September 25, 2013

I am light sleeper and got room next to quiet pond, slept really well. The location was just 10 minutes from airport. Minutes from Mall. Great area for walking trail next to the hotel. Breakfast well supplied. It is also near several state parks. We were there for wedding anniversary. Others were there for a football game. The hotel catered to everyone very well

1  Thank Grant P

Dear grantP,

Happy Anniversary! It delights us that you choose us to share in such a memorable weekend. We are so thankful to help you celebrate your wedding anniversary and it sounds like you had a great time. A good nights sleep is always what one would expect but so many times when you're not a home it can be a difficult accomplishment, sounds like that Hampton Clean & Fresh bed did the trick for you! We wish you well on many more years of marriage !

Take care,

Reviewed September 23, 2013

Very clean. Nice staff. Helpful to replace things in business center. Fluffy bed linens.... and nice quality... makes a huge difference rather than scratchy ones at other places. :) It's near a lake (the one in Coumbia SC with adorable ducks at the lake. Near many restaurant chains. Very convenient to highway.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Hello Elizabeth M,

Thank you very much for your recent stay and for your kind review. Sounds like you had a great experience with Hampton's Clean & Fresh bedding. The fluffy comforter tucked inside a clean, crisp white duvet. Each bed also has 2 types of pillows... all waiting to invite you to a night of good slumber! Come back to visit anytime!

Reviewed September 16, 2013

Beautiful setting, on Lake Harbison. Landscaping and grounds were beautiful. Front desk staff was helpful with my questions. Room was spotless, comfortable. Three ducks (from the Lake, I assume) greeted me at the front door when I was leaving; they made me smile. A Wendy's Hamburgers was right next door and we walked there. Very impressed with this Hampton Inn.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Mellisa A, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Columbia-I-26 Harbison Boulevard, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

Dear BeanBlossom,

Thank you so much for your kind words and excellent review. The environment is definitely one to see for yourself, many locals enjoy the lake too. Many of our guest enjoy the natural wildlife, you should visit us in the spring and see all the little chicks.

We look forward to seeing you soon!