“Terrible Service”

Ranked #1 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
Little Rock, Arkansas
“Terrible Service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

The hotel is a pretty typical Hampton Inn. The location is great as it is near restaurants and the mall. The room wasn't the cleanest I've ever stayed at. I left the hotel at 7:30 am and when I returned at 11 pm my room still hadn't been refreshed. I see why Hampton gave up their 100% satisfaction guarantee because rarely am I 100% satisfied at a Hampton property.

If you are looking for a very cheap hotel, this will probably do but the service leaves something to be desired.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Mellisa A, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Columbia-I-26 Harbison Boulevard, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Dear HogSraz,

It is with regret we are only learning about your poor experience through trip advisor and that we did not have the opportunity to correct your struggles while you were here. Hospitality and service is key to us at our property, it is why we are so successful, so when we learn a guest had "terrible service" we do not take it lightly. As you can tell by many other reviews, it sounds like you were having a unique challenge. After much investigation I was able to discover that one of our former housekeepers overlooked your room, and while it was checked off on her list of rooms to clean, she indeed did not return to provide you with service. This is not acceptable at all from our staff and for this we do apologize. Thankfully the housekeeper is no longer with our team.

However, it is more important for me to point out the Hampton does proudly stand by our 100% satisfaction guarantee, every day. If you are not satisfied with your stay we do not expect you pay. If we had known about your challenges and provided the opportunity to make matters right we would have gladly refunded you for your stay. Again, I apologize for your overall experience and do hope you will provide us with the opportunity to show you what our Hampton and staff is really all about!

Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

We had a late night check in with what amounted to an extended nap. Easy check in and a very clean room. I called the property an hour before we arrived and asked them to make up the sleeper sofa for my son before our arrival. The front desk staff seemed puzzled by the request, telling me that the sleeper sofa already has sheets on it. They'll send up pillows and we just have to open the bed. When we got to the room, the sleeper bed was ready.

The property is located near the mall and walking distance to Hooters and Applebee's. Excellent location. Lovely outside patio with a fireplace. Must be fun in the winter!

Breakfast was plentiful and well stocked. Check out was easy and quick.
Always appreciate when the staff goes the extra mile. Kudos to whoever made up the sleeper sofa and maintains the breakfast. Thanks guys!

Hello DavidG,

We regret to hear you only were able to visit for a "long nap" but it sounds like you were at least able to enjoy a bit of the property before getting back on the road. Hopefully next time you'll find a reason to stay longer! I am so thankful our staff was able to set up the sleeper sofa for you, there isn't too much better than being able to just crawl in for a good nights sleep! We'll be happy to do it for you anytime! I'll be sure to share your Kudos to the staff, but just wanted to personally thank you for taking the time to write a review about your quick stop!

Hospitably,

Vero Beach, FL, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013

I was Guest of the Day and got one of the Master Suites. Just me and my dog, but a great getaway suite for a couple- also great for Valentine's Day. There is a lake with a walk around it for jogging or walking - very nice people in a nice neighborhood so close to I-95.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Hello MelissaS,

Congrats on being our Guest of the Day!! It is always a sweet unexpected delight and we are glad you enjoyed your room. We agree, it is a favorite amongst the couples and groups but hopefully you enjoyed the extra space and whirlpool tub! Welcome back any time!

Mason Ohio, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

My family and I recently stayed at the Columbia I-26/Harbison Blvd Hampton Inn. The room was clean and neat, the staff was very friendly and helpful. The free breakfast items presented a limited assortmant of items, but we were each able to find an item to enjoy for breakfast and to start our day

Dear James P B,

Just wanted to take a quick moment to thank you for your review and thoughts regarding our property. Your tag line states it all "comfortable stay and friendly service", that is one thing I always say about our property. If you're looking for a clean, safe and friendly place to stay we've got exactly what you need. Our breakfast menu items change daily so hopefully on your next visit you'll find something more to your liking. Rather traveling on business or pleasure we hope to have the chance to welcome you back again soon.

Atlanta, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

Great hotel and located on a lake. Nice walking trail around the lake offered a place for meditation and even fishing. The hotel is located far enough from the beaten path to allow for quiet and close enough to the stores and restaurants.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Hello JacelynL,

Two paws up for your excellent review. We are greatly appreciate you not only chose us out of the many other hotels available, but in addition took the time to share your experience here on Trip Advisor. We love our location and value our proximity to the lake and convenience of our exit. It is always a nice little time out to see the lake and wildlife all while being less than 1 mile to Columbia's largest shopping district. Hopefully we have become a favorite destination for you in Columbia, SC!!

Safe travels,

Miami, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

I chose this hotel because I was traveling with cats and needed to find a hotel that takes them. The room rate was a little higher than others in the area but there was no additional charge for pets so the rate was competitive. The front desk staff was excellent. They had me checked in right away and pointed out all the amenities that were available. The room was clean and well appointed. My cats got to stretch after being in the carrier all day. It was an excellent hotel!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Dear JosephG and cats,

Thank you for choosing to stay at our Hampton, the only pet friendly Hampton in town. We are delighted you shopped around and picked our property to host you while visiting our capital city! I just wanted to respond to review and let you know our management team works extremely hard to make sure we are selling our hotel at a fair and competitive rate, however our rates to change accordingly to day of week, time of year and what is occurring in our city. However, I am glad to hear overall we were still an excellent value for your stay. We welcome you back soon!

cincinnati, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

Everything at this Hampton was extremely clean and comfortable. The breakfast was the best because it was always stocked and clean as could be. I have yet to see a breakfast so well kept and well stocked as at this Hampton. The help should be rewarded.

Hello Timothys,

Our staff and their efforts are what makes us the Hampton we are. Many thanks to you for your kind review and raving compliments. I have already printed out and posted on our rant & raves board for all to see. From our front desk to our housekeeping department they work hard each and every day to provide true southern hospitality-I am glad you had a first hand experience. We hope you will find the need soon to travel back to Columbia, SC.

Safe travels,