$125
  • Pool
$110
HIExpress.com
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $125/night.

$169
$121
$114
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $126/night.

1,052 results
All reviewswalking pathsmall lakenice walkingpet friendly hotelfront deskgreat hotelcolumbiana mallrestaurants and shoppinglong driveeasy accessdefinitely stay here againexcellent staythe breakfast areasitting areafresh fruitbreakfast staffsouth carolina
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Our family has stayed at this hotel for several years on our way to our annual beach vacation. The rooms are nice, beds are comfortable, and there are good-sized fridges in the rooms which are handy for keeping cooler items cold overnight.

The morning breakfast is pretty good, with cold items as well as make-your-own waffles, cooked hot oatmeal with toppings, scrambled eggs, and muffins. The breakfast area could use more seating, however.

Our favorite feature of this hotel is the nearby lake. There is a beautiful walking trail that encircles the lake and a nice playground in the shade of large trees along the trail. We love to take a walk & let the kids play for a bit before getting in the car to finish our journey to the beach.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank sbmolloy
Mellisa A, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Columbia-I-26 Harbison Boulevard, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Welcome back sbmolloy & family!!

What a great compliment to allow our hotel & staff to be a part of your annual beach trip. It makes my heart smile to know our Hampton Inn will be a part of your families memories and road trips!!

Breakfast is typically a favorite among most, but I can understand how seating may feel limited, especially if we have large groups in house eating all at once. In the future if helpful, checking with the desk to see if they know of the in-house group's schedules may help your family enjoy breakfast a little bit more!! If you find yourself limited with seating we do have small tables with ottomans, 4 tables & living room seating outside and sometimes even have the meeting room available for overflow. (if not rented)

The lake, walking trails and playground are definitely an added bonus to our hotel. The area is managed by the Harbison Association and they know our guest enjoy it's close proximity. Perhaps next year there will be some new equipment for the kids to enjoy!!

Be safe, enjoy the summer, and see you next year!!

Reviewed June 26, 2013

Great hotel and Great stay!! loved the hotel! Excellent location near shopping and still accessible to the University of South Carolina and area activities! Beautiful outdoor area to lounge by the pool or the covered are and cook out. next time in the area i will be back!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hello Christine M,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at our Hampton Inn while traveling to Columbia, SC. I'm glad you enjoyed our location, proximity to the city and all of our amenities we had to offer! Our 100% non-smoking, Pet friendly hotel has just recently been awarded the ranking of #7 in the world (compared to 1800+ Hampton Inn properties) for our overall rankings! We're glad to be here and glad you provided us the chance to show you what we're all about!! We do hope you will find a reason to come back again soon! Have safe and fun travels!!

Best wishes,

Reviewed June 24, 2013

I was surprised to find a Hampton Inn that advertised being Pet Friendly. We travel with a German Shepherd Dog and many places are either no pets or have limits like 10/20 pounds. I'm a Hilton Honors kind of guy, so finding this got me excited!!! We were only in for one night but it was wonderful. Check in was a breeze, everything was ready and waiting when I walked up to the counter. This included a treat for the dog. They won me over with that. Add to it a sign to hang on the door to let employees know you have a pet and directions to the walking trails around the hotel for a quick walk makes it more pet friendly. A poop bag station (we owners like this) and a nice trail around a lake makes us feel welcome.

The room was clean, the A/C worked great - what more could you ask for.

Breakfast was a cut above most "free breakfast" locations as it included a bubbling pot of oatmeal (my favorite, yum), precooked omelets (OK, not fresh cooked to order) and plenty of bacon!! What more could I ask for??

All in all a great place to stop, all the better because they let our fur friends stay there.

I will be back.

Room Tip: With pets, a ground floor room by the back door makes for a great location for a quick walk.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Tim5055

Dear tim5055,

We are very happy you had the opportunity to stay with us and enjoy our relaxed pet policy. We've heard our pet loving guest become excited when they find out there is a Hampton Inn who invites their pets too! Choosing to go pet friendly was a big decision for us, and we have learned a lot. Thank you for pointing out some details about our pet policy; we have a letter at check-in, get a cell phone number, provide a door hanger and also have a designated pet walking area. However, for those TA readers who may not be comfortable with having a pet as a neighbor just ask for our pet free floor!

Glad to hear you will be back soon-we look forward to it!!!

Reviewed June 21, 2013

I stayed here for a family gathering. The hotel was clean, neat and the staff was very pleased. The location is near everything, right across the bridge, shopping, walmart, etc. Busy area but convenient to highway and shopping. The rooms were a little small to me...I think the space could be utilized better. My sister and family had a larger room though and that seem more comfy. overall the event we had there was nice, the staff was accomodating even when we forgot a few things. We enjoy the visit.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Mellisa A, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Columbia-I-26 Harbison Boulevard, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

Dear slijt68,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at our Hampton during your family gathering in Columbia, SC. We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay overall and had a fun weekend with family. I have shared your suggestion about our furniture arrangement in our rooms with our management team, perhaps we will be able to put it to good use when it becomes time for our final renovation project! We would love to be a part of your family gathering each year!!

Have a fun summer,

Reviewed June 17, 2013

This hotel is great! The lake and walking area is beautiful! My only issue is that I wish the hotel was smoke-free. I had read this complaint in other reviews but now I know exactly what they mean. The outdoor pool and seating area are side by side and they are very nice. However, the area is always full of people who have just come outside to smoke. There were times when it was completely overwhelming. Fix that, and this hotel is perfect! The staff is awesome!

• Stayed: June 2013
Mellisa A, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Columbia-I-26 Harbison Boulevard, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Dear Chrissom,

We are glad you allowed us the opportunity to host you and your recent travel to Columbia, SC. Your feedback is important to us and it is important for you to know we take everything back to the management team. Overall, it sounds like you experienced the award winning staff and hotel I am so proud to be a part of. Just recently we learned we were ranked #7 in the world, something worth shouting about for sure!!

We designed our outdoor living room for all of our guest to enjoy, just in the same as all of the public space such as the perfect mix lobby, pool and fitness center. The hotel (interior) is 100% smoke free (as of November 2012) and some of the past reviews who mention the smoke unfortunately had to experience a non-smoking room visited the night before by someone who didn't follow the rules. This is the first time this has been brought to my attention and I apologize about the overwhelming gathering of smokers outside. We will keep our eyes on the situation and see if we can determine any alternative options. Again, we appreciate you bringing it to our attention as an opportunity to better our facility.

We do hope you'll provide us with the chance to host you and your pet the next time you find yourself traveling through Columbia, SC!!

Safe travels,