“Excellent Stay!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 96 Hotels in Columbia
United States
“Excellent Stay!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Great hotel and Great stay!! loved the hotel! Excellent location near shopping and still accessible to the University of South Carolina and area activities! Beautiful outdoor area to lounge by the pool or the covered are and cook out. next time in the area i will be back!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Mellisa A, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Columbia-I-26 Harbison Boulevard, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Hello Christine M,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at our Hampton Inn while traveling to Columbia, SC. I'm glad you enjoyed our location, proximity to the city and all of our amenities we had to offer! Our 100% non-smoking, Pet friendly hotel has just recently been awarded the ranking of #7 in the world (compared to 1800+ Hampton Inn properties) for our overall rankings! We're glad to be here and glad you provided us the chance to show you what we're all about!! We do hope you will find a reason to come back again soon! Have safe and fun travels!!

Best wishes,

Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Lexington, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I was surprised to find a Hampton Inn that advertised being Pet Friendly. We travel with a German Shepherd Dog and many places are either no pets or have limits like 10/20 pounds. I'm a Hilton Honors kind of guy, so finding this got me excited!!! We were only in for one night but it was wonderful. Check in was a breeze, everything was ready and waiting when I walked up to the counter. This included a treat for the dog. They won me over with that. Add to it a sign to hang on the door to let employees know you have a pet and directions to the walking trails around the hotel for a quick walk makes it more pet friendly. A poop bag station (we owners like this) and a nice trail around a lake makes us feel welcome.

The room was clean, the A/C worked great - what more could you ask for.

Breakfast was a cut above most "free breakfast" locations as it included a bubbling pot of oatmeal (my favorite, yum), precooked omelets (OK, not fresh cooked to order) and plenty of bacon!! What more could I ask for??

All in all a great place to stop, all the better because they let our fur friends stay there.

I will be back.

Room Tip: With pets, a ground floor room by the back door makes for a great location for a quick walk.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank tim5055
Dear tim5055,

We are very happy you had the opportunity to stay with us and enjoy our relaxed pet policy. We've heard our pet loving guest become excited when they find out there is a Hampton Inn who invites their pets too! Choosing to go pet friendly was a big decision for us, and we have learned a lot. Thank you for pointing out some details about our pet policy; we have a letter at check-in, get a cell phone number, provide a door hanger and also have a designated pet walking area. However, for those TA readers who may not be comfortable with having a pet as a neighbor just ask for our pet free floor!

Glad to hear you will be back soon-we look forward to it!!!

Buford, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

I stayed here for a family gathering. The hotel was clean, neat and the staff was very pleased. The location is near everything, right across the bridge, shopping, walmart, etc. Busy area but convenient to highway and shopping. The rooms were a little small to me...I think the space could be utilized better. My sister and family had a larger room though and that seem more comfy. overall the event we had there was nice, the staff was accomodating even when we forgot a few things. We enjoy the visit.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
Mellisa A, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Columbia-I-26 Harbison Boulevard, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Dear slijt68,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at our Hampton during your family gathering in Columbia, SC. We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay overall and had a fun weekend with family. I have shared your suggestion about our furniture arrangement in our rooms with our management team, perhaps we will be able to put it to good use when it becomes time for our final renovation project! We would love to be a part of your family gathering each year!!

Have a fun summer,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

This hotel is great! The lake and walking area is beautiful! My only issue is that I wish the hotel was smoke-free. I had read this complaint in other reviews but now I know exactly what they mean. The outdoor pool and seating area are side by side and they are very nice. However, the area is always full of people who have just come outside to smoke. There were times when it was completely overwhelming. Fix that, and this hotel is perfect! The staff is awesome!

• Stayed June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
Mellisa A, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Columbia-I-26 Harbison Boulevard, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Dear Chrissom,

We are glad you allowed us the opportunity to host you and your recent travel to Columbia, SC. Your feedback is important to us and it is important for you to know we take everything back to the management team. Overall, it sounds like you experienced the award winning staff and hotel I am so proud to be a part of. Just recently we learned we were ranked #7 in the world, something worth shouting about for sure!!

We designed our outdoor living room for all of our guest to enjoy, just in the same as all of the public space such as the perfect mix lobby, pool and fitness center. The hotel (interior) is 100% smoke free (as of November 2012) and some of the past reviews who mention the smoke unfortunately had to experience a non-smoking room visited the night before by someone who didn't follow the rules. This is the first time this has been brought to my attention and I apologize about the overwhelming gathering of smokers outside. We will keep our eyes on the situation and see if we can determine any alternative options. Again, we appreciate you bringing it to our attention as an opportunity to better our facility.

We do hope you'll provide us with the chance to host you and your pet the next time you find yourself traveling through Columbia, SC!!

Safe travels,

Portland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Well-managed hotel, friendly staff, clean and spacious room, everything worked. For the Irmo, SC area I definitely recommend this hotel. The complementary breakfast was good, bacon was not as crisp as I would have liked, only one choice of eggs (little disks that are similar to those on an egg mcmuffin). But plenty of juices for choice, and everything they did provide (that I tasted) was good. What I don't like is the Trip Advisor requirement for a minimum of 200 characters.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Greeting Ken!

Wow, thank you very much for making us your first review on Trip Advisor! You highlighted all the right items- well managed, clean, friendly service and overall satisfaction!! It says a lot to our viewers and our staff to take a moment and share your experience with all of us. We continue to strive and grow from each and every one. We take all of our reviews serious, not matter how big or small. So we say to you, don't stop with just one review, share your travel with the world and we look forward to hearing from you again soon!

Keep traveling,

Charleston, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Extremely satisfied with hotel, staff, location and breakfast. Check in was very efficient. Very helpful with what was in the area -- they even provided a map to the shopping area. I would definitely stay at this hotel again and would strongly recommend to anyone who was staying in this area of Columbia. The pool was great and the location with the walking path was fantastic.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank Lori H
Dear LoriH,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at our Hampton Inn, we know there are many other hotels to choose from. We greatly appreciate your review regarding your most recent stay and are pleased to know you enjoyed your stay and all our accommodations. Our staff is dedicated to make sure each experience is worth shouting about, and shout you did! It is with loads of appreciation we say thank you for your recommendation!! We do have to find you enjoying the hotel again soon!

Best wishes,

Taylors, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Our experience with this Hampton Inn goes above and beyond most all expectations. The staff was friendly and amazing. I want to thank Nicole Blackwell and all of her staff for the hard work they put in. The entire setup was made easy and it all went perfectly.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Hello MikeH,

THANK YOU to you for your positive review and for you compliment regarding Nicole. She is an awesome asset to our sales team and many times her hard work is convied in a successful group review, but rarely mentioned by name. Just last week Nicole received a special "pickle" award from our executive VP & CEO team for being mentioned in your review-so again thank you for taking the moment to share.

It is always one of our goals to assist our groups & meetings in any way we can to deliver a fun, flawless and successful meeting. If we make your day just a little easier and your group is happy than so are we! We hope to see your group on our calendar again soon!

Until next time & again, thanks so much!