1,067 results
All reviewswalking pathsmall lakenice walkingpet friendly hotelfront deskgreat hotelcolumbiana mallrestaurants and shoppinglong driveeasy accessdefinitely stay here againexcellent staythe breakfast areasitting areafresh fruitbreakfast staffcomplimentary breakfast
Reviewed May 16, 2013

The hotel is regularly renovated the rooms are pretty spacious and very clean - business center had all materials needed - the breakfast staff was awesome but the food not so much (this is probably due to who they order from much more than who prepared it) ... the STAFF is AWESOME 5 star hotel staff in a 3.5 star hotel!! Would recommend highly the price is right and its extremely clean with modern accommodations.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Mellisa A, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Columbia-I-26 Harbison Boulevard, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Hello RhettN,

I just wanted to especially thank you for your glowing review!! Each and every day our team strives to be above par, it is with great appreciation I share your review with each of them. If it wasn't for all our shining stars and willingness to work together and loyal guest like you we wouldn't be able to pull it off! We will continue to keep working to be better and hopefully next time you stay Hampton the breakfast will be worth raving about!

Again, thanks so much,

Reviewed May 14, 2013

We walked in and were greeted by a pair of delightful ladies! They were polite and worked to make us feel welcome after a long day of driving.
The hotel is neat, clean, and looks brand new.
The room is a typical size, clean, without odor.
The area around the hotel is attractive and quiet.
You won't be disappointed!

Room Tip: We were on the 2nd floor and were perfectly happy!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Zinni49

Hello Zinni49,

Your review was truly delightful, and I am just as glad to hear your stay was as well! We never want to disappoint and always try to remember the motto that we are always on stage!! We greatly appreciate you taking the time to post a review to share with our other guest and do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon!

With warm regards,

Reviewed May 14, 2013

I have stayed twice in the same hotel, but the smell of SMOKING is everywhere. I could even smell the smoke in the towels. This is also a pet friendly HI, which I did not care for. TOO MANY DOGS and from my understanding there were not designated pet floors. Location is great which is in walling distance to Hooters/Wendys and down the road tfrom Columbiana Mall and other stores/restaurants. They also have a great patio with lounge areas we enjoyed. Friendly staff

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Mellisa A, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Columbia-I-26 Harbison Boulevard, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. We're so glad you found our location convenient for your needs and our staff was friendly and accommodating.

We are sorry our pet policy did not meet your needs. Your comments will help us to improve our policies and better serve our guests in the future. It is part of our policy and effort to keep one floor pet free on the property. However, we can not exclude any of our guest from public areas.

We've also addressed the unpleasant smoke smell you encountered with our housekeeping team and apologize for the discomfort. Our hotel has been 100% non-smoking since November 2012, but occasionally we do find at times some choice to not comply with our request. We hope you will consider staying at our hotel if you return to the area.

Warm regards,

Reviewed May 12, 2013

We stayed at this property for USC graduation. The room was very clean, and the bed was very clean and comfortable ---nice linens, down pillow, and a bag of surprise snacks in our hotel room was a nice touch. We stayed in the king room with a sofa. There was also a small microwave and frig, ironing board, and iron. The hotel is clean and up to date and there is a nice patio area with an outside fireplace and patio furniture for relaxing. The staff was very friendly. The breakfast was good. The first day, there were Texas omlettes, which were very tasty along with turkey sausage --not as hot as I would have liked.. The second day, there were eggs and biscuits with sausage gravy. The eggs on the second day were some type of pre-prepared pelletized eggs (seriously ---nevere seen anything like it.) Just not my preference ---didn't care for them. There were also muffins, juice, yogurt, hot oatmeal with toppings, bagels, toast, and Belgian waffles.
I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: If you get a king room such as 200, 400, or 500, it will be on the end away from the vending machines and ice, so it was very quiet. Our whole floor was nonsmoking.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Greetings Greer_SC Traveler,

We appreciate your detailed review, what a vivid description of your experience. We strive hard to keep the hotel shiny and new!! Keep your eyes open though, it seems we always have a project coming up! Hampton is always looking for feedback regarding guest experience and are always working on improving the amenities and breakfast-we will be sure to pass it along! We hope to see you back again soon!

Best wishes,

Reviewed May 9, 2013

We booked last minute as we were in transit from Florida, and did not arrive until evening.
The hotel staff were very welcoming and friendly and the lobby area nicely appointed for a non-five star luxury full service hotel.
The room was adequate, bed comfy. I thought there could be a few more amenities, only soap, shampoo, conditioner and lotion, as another Hampton that we have stayed in provided mouthwash, emery board and makeup remover wipe. There is a note to request anything you may require but by that time I was in my pajamas and not up to a trip to the front desk, or having someone come by the room.
We did not see the lovely outdoor area that has been mentioned in other reviews.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Mellisa A, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Columbia-I-26 Harbison Boulevard, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Thank you for the lovely feedback and it was our pleasure serving you. We appreciate your feedback and will keep in mind your suggestion for providing extra toiletries in the room. Come back and see us again soon.

Kind regards,