“Friendly staff”

Hampton Inn Columbia-I-26 Harbison Boulevard
Ranked #1 of 93 Hotels in Columbia
Reviewed May 9, 2013

We booked last minute as we were in transit from Florida, and did not arrive until evening.
The hotel staff were very welcoming and friendly and the lobby area nicely appointed for a non-five star luxury full service hotel.
The room was adequate, bed comfy. I thought there could be a few more amenities, only soap, shampoo, conditioner and lotion, as another Hampton that we have stayed in provided mouthwash, emery board and makeup remover wipe. There is a note to request anything you may require but by that time I was in my pajamas and not up to a trip to the front desk, or having someone come by the room.
We did not see the lovely outdoor area that has been mentioned in other reviews.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Mellisa A, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Columbia-I-26 Harbison Boulevard, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Thank you for the lovely feedback and it was our pleasure serving you. We appreciate your feedback and will keep in mind your suggestion for providing extra toiletries in the room. Come back and see us again soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed May 6, 2013

This hotel offered what I have come to expect from a Hampton Inn and why I keep coming back. The best thing is the location near Harbison. In just a few minutes you can be a many great restaurants. Shopping is near by as well.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Mellisa A, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Columbia-I-26 Harbison Boulevard, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Thank you very much for your review. Meeting expectations are great, but we always strive to find news ways to break out of the box!

I am so thankful you had a moment to enjoy the Harbison area and all it has to offer. Many of our guest enjoy the 100+ dining options and major shopping centers. We hope to see you back again soon!

Reviewed May 2, 2013

I stayed at this location in April of 2012 and this was my 1st return trip since that visit, the first thing Kaci (who works at the front desk) said when I walked in was "you're back". I was so glad to be back in this hotel, during the past year I have stayed in probably more than 15 different hotels all over the US and in several different countries including 2 5 star locations and this hotel is the best out of all of them. The location is wonderful, it is absolutely in tip top condition both inside and out and the lake with the walking path is amazing as well. After saying all of that it might be hard to believe but the staff is the best part, they friendly, helpful and engaging every single one that I interacted with was excellent, but Kaci & Zenobia both of whom work at the front desk were the BEST they always went above and beyond no matter what it was that I needed. This is the kind of experience that you hope for every time you stay away from home, yet it is incredibly rare to actually get it but I can say without any doubt this is exactly what I have experienced both times I have been there and I can't wait till I get to stay here again. I highly recommend this location to everybody looking for a place to stay while visiting Columbia SC. I also want to say Thank you to the management team, I know it is because of you and your management style that your staff puts so much emphasis on providing such excellent service. Congratulations to you all for a job well done, very well done. You are truly an example to be looked up too.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Mellisa A, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Columbia-I-26 Harbison Boulevard, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

Hello Keith D,

We are ecstatic for such an amazing review. Thank you! Without guest like you and your willingness to share your experience we wouldn't be ranked where we are today. It is always one of the most pleasurable parts of my job to hear that our hotel and staff represents exactly what we work so hard for each and every day! It is our goal to display the energy and enthusiasm Hampton encourages us to have each and every day. We are proud you have seen this in both Kaci and Zenobia, but also in the team as a whole. It is not often a guest recognizes an employee, but let alone the management staff who supports them. I have shared your review with our executive management team, they will be happy to read your words as well!

With much appreciation,

Reviewed April 30, 2013

Friendly staff, but no acknowledgement of Hilton Honors membership. Slow and sporadic WiFi and nothing healthy, once again to eat for breakfast. Although, all of the staff I encountered were very helpful.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Mellisa A, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Columbia-I-26 Harbison Boulevard, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2013

We want all of our guests to have nothing but great experiences. I'm so sorry that our internet connectivity was an issue and we couldn't offer you healthier breakfast choices. Our staff works hard to acknowledge and thank each rewards member for their loyalty and I apologize that we missed out on this opportunity. Thank you for sharing your feedback with us so we can address your concerns.

Kind regards,

Reviewed April 29, 2013

This hotel is in top condition inside and out. Furnishings appeared to be almost new. This is a good value hotel with a very good breakfast located next to a planned community with park and lake setting. When you include pets stay free this is a great value. Have usually stayed at Marriott but was tired of $75 upcharge for pets. When traveling thru Columbia this will be my hotel

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank derfFlorida
Mellisa A, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Columbia-I-26 Harbison Boulevard, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

Good day to you delFlorida!! We are so thankful you gave Hampton a chance and that we won you over! We hear a lot of feedback from our Pet loving families and many of them agree with you! You hit the nail on the head when you said planned community- Harbison is just that! The walking trail and lake the property is nestled on is a huge plus when factoring in traveling with a dog. As you noticed, we have been putting a lot of work into our 16 year old property, and we invite you back again soon so you can see what we've been up to!

Take care,

Reviewed April 22, 2013

My husband and I had an opportunity to stay at the Hampton Inn on the Lake at Harbison in Columbia, South Carolina and the staff was absolutely amazing! No matter what I asked for or needed, one of the staff members would go above and beyond to accommodate me. In particular, Zenobia Tucker, the friendliest of the front desk staffers, made excellent suggestions for everything from tasty fast food delivery to shopping locations. What made her even more incredible than her bubbly personality was learning that she was a four year cancer survivor. We also enjoyed the complimentary breakfast because it offered a plentiful variety of breakfast and brunch choices. Our room was spacious and the bed was extraordinarily comfortable, epsecially after my twelve hour drive. I hope we will be able to return to this Hampton Inn in the near future because it is definitely a keeper!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

We are so glad you enjoyed your most recent visit to our Hampton. We have many families who make our hotel an annual stop and we hope you will find the reasons to do so too! You kind review is very appreciated and we are thankful you took the time to share your experience. I love the Hampton bed experience and it is one of my favorite amenities!! We encourage our staff to engage and anticipate all of our guest needs and it sounds like you experienced just this!! We call it hamptonality -it's where we are different. Welcome back soon!

Reviewed April 19, 2013

I really dislike traveling but needed to for work. This hotel was clean, quiet and the front desk staff was excellent. Avery and Casey were particularly fabulous.

My one criticism is that the tv tray was very dirty and the shower curtain could use a wash. Everything was spotless.

Room Tip: The third floor was very quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Thank you uctutor1 for your review!! We are thankful for each review we receive, it allows us to learn more about our property than we see in our daily ins and outs. I have shared your comments with my manager regarding Aubrey and Kaci, each time a team member is pointed out in a positive way they receive a little award we call "pickles". So, your review is very welcomed by them both!! I understand you had a great experience and noticed our efforts to keep the hotel clean and up to top notch speed, however it appears we left room for improvement. We would have gladly replaced the items you disliked during your stay, so in the future just let us know and we'll be right up. My housekeeping executive manager has already used your review as a training tool-so thank you for reporting it to us! We hope to have the opportunity to see you back at the hotel again soon!