“Nicely remodeled facility; great customer service”

Hampton Inn Columbia-I-26 Harbison Boulevard
Ranked #1 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Stayed here twice so far this year for business. First stay was excellent, second stay was a few notches down. I found he staff to be friendly, rooms quiet, and furnishings to be new (including the carpet). Breakfast was standard Hampton fare. On my second stay, I encountered what appeared to be blood on the bathroom floor and toilet seat lid; several small spots on the floor and lid. After a failed attempt by the cleaning staff, I went ahead and cleaned it myself. The washcloth I used turned black, which indicated to me that the floor was never wiped/cleaned. That turned me off quite a bit. The front desk staff handled it very professionally though.

Room Tip: Odd numbers overlook the lake at the rear of the facility.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Mellisa A, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Columbia-I-26 Harbison Boulevard, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

Dear DSGAtlanta_GA,

We appreciate you choosing to stay with us, especially for a second time. Thank you very much for your 4 star review, and recognizing the efforts we have put in our property and the excellent service you experienced for both of your visit. For us, each review allows us the opportunity to continue growing and striving to be the best we can be. I see from your review we have the ability to make your next stay with us better. Please reach out to me directly at 803-749-6999 so we are able to do so. I look forward to hearing from you soon!

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Columbia-I-26 Harbison Boulevard

Reviewed February 4, 2013

We were in Columbia to surprise my brother for his 50th birthday. We enjoyed our two day stay at the Hampton Inn. The staff was friendly, our room was clean and bright and we loved the lake. Took our morning walks around the lake and enjoyed nature and the ducks!
The whole property is well kept.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Mary Ann A

Dear Mary Ann,

We are so thankful for your friendly review!! We do hope your brother's birthday bash was loads of fun, all the way around! We like our lake and the walk it a great way to start your day. Throughout the year we see changes in the wildlife, some who stay all year and others who just visit. We're looking forward to seeing the baby ducks this spring! Anytime you plan to travel back to visit family we hope we are part of the visit!!!

Reviewed January 25, 2013

Was staying down the road on business and internet wifi went out. Needed to upload some reports asap and didn't know where the nearest library was. Went looking and found Hampton Inn down the road. Went in and asked if I could use their wifi, and explained my dilemma. They were so nice and agreed. Their connection was super fast and I was done quickly. They offered me a bottle of water and asked if they could do anything else to make my day better. Will stay here next time in the area for business. Can't beat a Hampton.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank JesusAboveAll
Mellisa A, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Columbia-I-26 Harbison Boulevard, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Dear JesusAboveAll,

I am so happy our staff was able to make a difference in your day! It is our goal to show our hamptonality to our guest, rather your spending the night or not! We want you to stay with us, not across the street. I'm am very thankful your brief experience showed you just a little bit about how we care for our guest; Hampton calls them moment makers! We anticipated your need, showed you empathy & offered an unexpected delight-it works every time! Looking forward to seeing you soon!

Wishing you a good day,

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Convenient to shopping, dining and I-26. Great facility, friendly accomodating staff, extremely pet friendly with delightful walking trail around intimate lake, outside party area with fireplace and grilling, separate exercise area with views of pool and surroundings...

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank G F Z

Dear G F Z ,

Wow! Thanks for the exceptional review, I'm so glad you & your pet enjoyed our hotel. Yes, we agree and feel our location just makes since when traveling with pets, especially if they enjoy being outside! The trails and wildlife are a perfect break for them on a long trip!! Well our convenient and friendly staff is always here waiting to check you in! Please come back again soon!

Have safe travels,

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed one night (2 adults, 2 kids, 1 dog)---arrived late and tired. The hotel check in was fast, the room was roomy, very clean, very comfortable. In fact, the bedsheets were amazing. Breakfast was plentiful and good "healthy" choices for me. So glad we chose this Hampton.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank travfamfour

Hello travfamfour,

Well, we are so glad you choose us too! It sounds like you had a short stay, but so very thankful you were able to experience a comfy & clean stay! It is important to us, rather a quick stay or someone moving in, our goal is to always get them to desire to come back! Hope to see y'all back again soon!

Reviewed January 20, 2013

I stayed at this hotel over the holidays. It was 20-25 minutes from where the rest of my family was staying (who didn't have a pet with them) but I chose it because it was #1 for pet-friendly hotels in the entire city of Columbia. I was happy with my choice. I saw other guests with pets looking equally happy. The staff was wonderful, from the woman at the front desk (who offered cookies and cheerfully accommodated my request for one of the few first floor rooms), the breakfast room staff who worked hard to offer a variety of menu items each morning and to keep each item filled and fresh/hot, and especially the housekeeping staff. My room was near their base of operations so I often saw them as I came in and out, and they would greet me by name and inquire after my dog. My room wasn't brand new but had been very well maintained and was always sparkling clean. I appreciated the microwave, mini-fridge, and the bathtub - not once of those with a 90-degree back, but a nice slope. The parking lot was well lit and secure. The access was easy (literally right off the Interstate, yet tucked down in a little valley so it was quiet at night) and the bedding was *very* comfortable and inviting - fluffy white comforter/duvet and pillows.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Dear trjonas,

Thank you for your recent stay and your recent review! We love being pet friendly & having the opportunity to meet all of our pet loving families too! Although being newly pet friendly within the last year we are already seeing regulars when visiting back to Columbia. We hope to see you again soon too!

Secondly, I have already printed out your review to share with my staff since you so graciously pointed out something about each of our departments! We just celebrated our 16th anniversary of being open last August, and as you can tell celebrated with a brand new lobby, meeting room and outdoor living room & new fitness center overlooking our renovated pool deck as well. I promise-the rooms are coming! Last year we selected a few items like the accent walls & carpet, but just this month received new upholstered chairs for our double rooms!!

Again, thank you for taking a moment to post a review about our hotel, it is always great to hear the experience from a guest perspective!

Reviewed January 19, 2013

I have stayed at this location a number of times on my way to and from "snowbirding" in Florida. I experienced a very disturbing addition to my bill after I had checked out. It was an addition of $12.00 + for a fee. We contacted the hotel and they said it was permissible that a fee be added until the bill clears. I had never had this before. When I e-mailed the manager, she said they had 72 hours and for me to have my bank take it off. We called and talked to her and did not get it removed. Another contact with the divisional office after 8 days finally got the fee off. Will not return

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Boman36,

I am aware of your issue regarding your past stay, for I know my general manager had several conversations with you directly, and she did offer to contact the back on your behalf and ask for them to release the charge, which my assistant general manager was able to do for you.

However, for those travelers reading I would like to explain about this $12 "fee" in reference. It is important for all of us to know and understand, for hotels are not the only facilities where this may occur.

When you check in and sign your registration card one would see it explains a credit card transaction will be charged a percentage (15% of the total bill due to be exact) to cover miscellaneous charges which may occur. This is simply an authorization, not a charge from the hotel. Most hotels will authorize a credit card for charges such as movies, room service, long distance calls, laundry, etc. Please also keep in mind if paying cash, many times a hotel will ask for a cash deposit or turn off all privileges to hotel amenities until doing so.

In further explanation, upon check out the credit card is CHARGED the total amount due, not the total amount authorized. It is then up to your bank or credit provider to release the remaining charge, typically 3-7 business days. We do strive to communicate this process to all of our guest who are using their personal BANK DEBIT cards with logos since it would then be holding their actual money, and simply not just a line of credit.

I do hope this helps all of us who travel, as it has for me to understand what we are agreeing to upon check in.

Safe Travels,