“Exceptional amenities, experience!”

Ranked #1 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
Lakeland, Florida, United States
“Exceptional amenities, experience!”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Convenient to shopping, dining and I-26. Great facility, friendly accomodating staff, extremely pet friendly with delightful walking trail around intimate lake, outside party area with fireplace and grilling, separate exercise area with views of pool and surroundings...

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank G F Z
Mellisa A, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Columbia-I-26 Harbison Boulevard, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear G F Z ,

Wow! Thanks for the exceptional review, I'm so glad you & your pet enjoyed our hotel. Yes, we agree and feel our location just makes since when traveling with pets, especially if they enjoy being outside! The trails and wildlife are a perfect break for them on a long trip!! Well our convenient and friendly staff is always here waiting to check you in! Please come back again soon!

Have safe travels,

Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
North Carolina
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed one night (2 adults, 2 kids, 1 dog)---arrived late and tired. The hotel check in was fast, the room was roomy, very clean, very comfortable. In fact, the bedsheets were amazing. Breakfast was plentiful and good "healthy" choices for me. So glad we chose this Hampton.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank travfamfour
Hello travfamfour,

Well, we are so glad you choose us too! It sounds like you had a short stay, but so very thankful you were able to experience a comfy & clean stay! It is important to us, rather a quick stay or someone moving in, our goal is to always get them to desire to come back! Hope to see y'all back again soon!

Best wishes,

Charleston, SC
Reviewed January 20, 2013

I stayed at this hotel over the holidays. It was 20-25 minutes from where the rest of my family was staying (who didn't have a pet with them) but I chose it because it was #1 for pet-friendly hotels in the entire city of Columbia. I was happy with my choice. I saw other guests with pets looking equally happy. The staff was wonderful, from the woman at the front desk (who offered cookies and cheerfully accommodated my request for one of the few first floor rooms), the breakfast room staff who worked hard to offer a variety of menu items each morning and to keep each item filled and fresh/hot, and especially the housekeeping staff. My room was near their base of operations so I often saw them as I came in and out, and they would greet me by name and inquire after my dog. My room wasn't brand new but had been very well maintained and was always sparkling clean. I appreciated the microwave, mini-fridge, and the bathtub - not once of those with a 90-degree back, but a nice slope. The parking lot was well lit and secure. The access was easy (literally right off the Interstate, yet tucked down in a little valley so it was quiet at night) and the bedding was *very* comfortable and inviting - fluffy white comforter/duvet and pillows.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear trjonas,

Thank you for your recent stay and your recent review! We love being pet friendly & having the opportunity to meet all of our pet loving families too! Although being newly pet friendly within the last year we are already seeing regulars when visiting back to Columbia. We hope to see you again soon too!

Secondly, I have already printed out your review to share with my staff since you so graciously pointed out something about each of our departments! We just celebrated our 16th anniversary of being open last August, and as you can tell celebrated with a brand new lobby, meeting room and outdoor living room & new fitness center overlooking our renovated pool deck as well. I promise-the rooms are coming! Last year we selected a few items like the accent walls & carpet, but just this month received new upholstered chairs for our double rooms!!

Again, thank you for taking a moment to post a review about our hotel, it is always great to hear the experience from a guest perspective!

Best wishes,
Linden, Michigan
Reviewed January 19, 2013

I have stayed at this location a number of times on my way to and from "snowbirding" in Florida. I experienced a very disturbing addition to my bill after I had checked out. It was an addition of $12.00 + for a fee. We contacted the hotel and they said it was permissible that a fee be added until the bill clears. I had never had this before. When I e-mailed the manager, she said they had 72 hours and for me to have my bank take it off. We called and talked to her and did not get it removed. Another contact with the divisional office after 8 days finally got the fee off. Will not return

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Boman36,

I am aware of your issue regarding your past stay, for I know my general manager had several conversations with you directly, and she did offer to contact the back on your behalf and ask for them to release the charge, which my assistant general manager was able to do for you.

However, for those travelers reading I would like to explain about this $12 "fee" in reference. It is important for all of us to know and understand, for hotels are not the only facilities where this may occur.

When you check in and sign your registration card one would see it explains a credit card transaction will be charged a percentage (15% of the total bill due to be exact) to cover miscellaneous charges which may occur. This is simply an authorization, not a charge from the hotel. Most hotels will authorize a credit card for charges such as movies, room service, long distance calls, laundry, etc. Please also keep in mind if paying cash, many times a hotel will ask for a cash deposit or turn off all privileges to hotel amenities until doing so.

In further explanation, upon check out the credit card is CHARGED the total amount due, not the total amount authorized. It is then up to your bank or credit provider to release the remaining charge, typically 3-7 business days. We do strive to communicate this process to all of our guest who are using their personal BANK DEBIT cards with logos since it would then be holding their actual money, and simply not just a line of credit.

I do hope this helps all of us who travel, as it has for me to understand what we are agreeing to upon check in.

Safe Travels,

Marietta, Georgia
Reviewed January 6, 2013

I travel to Columbia on business on a regular basis and always stay here at the Hampton.
A great setting next to a pretty lake with a paved walking path.
Top notch staff, everyone with a smile to make you feel like you are at home.
'Z' at the front desk has always helped me with special requests for rooms and remembers me every time I come in.
Near shopping, restaurants and recreation.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Paul P
Welcome back Paul!!!

We appreciate your devotion and thanks so much for the review about your most recent stay! I know your group loves to stay here and I think the paved trails out back add an extra bonus for our guest who love to run!! Hampton has a program to speak to every guest every time-that includes the smile! I'm glad you recognized we do it here because its right!

Have fun traveling!

Lincolnton, Georgia
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Fireplace by the pool! A walking area around a large pond! Excellent staff, great rooms, wonderful breakfast (they even have to go bags if you don't have time to stay and eat!) my favorite thing? I could bring my dog. Now for the nitty gritty. The place was super clean. (They even wash the bed covers- not all hotels do that.) the price was more than fair and they were in a good location.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Melinda C
Mellisa A, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Columbia-I-26 Harbison Boulevard, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Thanks Melinda!!! We made a lot of changes last year for our property-all things you noticed, the pool, fireplace and being pet friendly. But one thing that never changes is the effort our staff puts in to keep us top notch and sparkling!! The pool actually had a face lift last year but is in the process of even more beautification for the summer season-come back and check it out!!

Hope you have fun & safe travels always,

Indialantic, Florida
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Due to a family medical emergency, I made a mad rush from Fl to PA. Lucked into a friendly face in the middle of the night. Her name was Jackie. She helped me check in with ease. I was a total mess.....forgot my glasses.....you name it. She even helped me find my Id and filled out my dog info. Showed me where the coffee was and found me a bag of peanuts for dinner. The whole experience was just what this weary traveler needed.
The bed was comfy, room was impeccible (I don't like motels as a rule) and my speedy check-out receipt that I found under my door included a hand-written note from Jackie wishing me safe travels and prayers for my family. This is an awesome motel and priced just right. They know all about customer service. Plenty of motels at this exit. Stay here! It can't be beat. Too bad they don't have a couple of smoking rooms left for the 22% of us that still smoke but smoking motels are hard to come by. Glad they let my little dog stay. Breakfast looked yummy but no time to eat. It is also FREE as are all of their ammenities.

Room Tip: If you smoke, ask for a room close to an exit.