“These folks are "top notch"”

Hampton Inn Columbia-I-26 Harbison Boulevard
Ranked #1 of 93 Hotels in Columbia
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Due to a family medical emergency, I made a mad rush from Fl to PA. Lucked into a friendly face in the middle of the night. Her name was Jackie. She helped me check in with ease. I was a total mess.....forgot my glasses.....you name it. She even helped me find my Id and filled out my dog info. Showed me where the coffee was and found me a bag of peanuts for dinner. The whole experience was just what this weary traveler needed.
The bed was comfy, room was impeccible (I don't like motels as a rule) and my speedy check-out receipt that I found under my door included a hand-written note from Jackie wishing me safe travels and prayers for my family. This is an awesome motel and priced just right. They know all about customer service. Plenty of motels at this exit. Stay here! It can't be beat. Too bad they don't have a couple of smoking rooms left for the 22% of us that still smoke but smoking motels are hard to come by. Glad they let my little dog stay. Breakfast looked yummy but no time to eat. It is also FREE as are all of their ammenities.

Room Tip: If you smoke, ask for a room close to an exit.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank mdhf2
Mellisa A, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Columbia-I-26 Harbison Boulevard, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

Dear tarih,

First, we hope your family and their health is well and wish you all the best of luck. We're sorry your purpose of visit was not for luxury and relaxation. I am so glad to hear you had the chance to experience our Ms. Jackie-she really is a jewel!! What makes her special to our team is that her actions are always genuine. We have a program here at the hotel if any of our guest recognize one of our staff members by name in a survey they receive a "PICKLE" pin. It's a big deal around here & our team is very competitive about collecting as many as possible. It takes some of us many months/years, but not Ms. Jackie! Thanks for recognizing her & making her day special by earning another PICKLE!

We actually went non-smoking last year in November, but did go Pet Friendly as well in 2012 so I am thrilled you were able to take advantage of having your pet travel with you!

Again, we wish you well!

Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

Simple great! Good location , great front desk, clean rooms, good breakfast , free parking . Just across hotel is an Applebee's and hooters that serves as provide a decent alternative to dine and drink after a long drive

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Pfvcpa

I always say we are part of Columbia's best kept secrets. Although we've been here for a little while travelers & locals tend to find our property surprisingly refreshing! Nestled down in our little corner of the Harbison area it is a great retreat! It truly means a lot to us when our travelers take a minute to share their experience with other viewers. We train hard here and take our service to heart! From our front desk, to our housekeeping team, to the breakfast and maintenance staff we thank you for your recognition and hope to see you back again soon!

Happy New year!

Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

Everything about this hotel is first class. Staff, service, rooms, cleanliness and value for money could not be beaten. It is about a 10 minute drive into the city. If you're in Columbia, look no further than this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012

Hello Leighton P,

Happy New Year! We appreciate your great review and are so thankful you took the time to share your experience with our viewers. It is always a delight to share reviews such as yours with our front desk & housekeeping staff. Just one example of why they work so hard. Come again soon!

Best wishes,

Reviewed November 27, 2012

We stayed here over Veteran's day weekend with our son who is at Ft. Gordon. Couldn't go far, so we chose Columbia for a change of scenery. Chose this hotel for several reasons: traveling with pet, free breakfast and walking trails. Hotel is clean & beds comfy. However, would have preferred queen beds instead of doubles. Bathroom is a nice size. Front desk is very nice and accommodating. Peanuts, cookies, coffee/hot chocolate available in lobby. Breakfast was very good, but stay away from scrambled eggs - can't describe the taste. Best thing is the lake with all the trails around! You can even follow trail to the mall. Location was convenient to mall and restaurants. Would definitely stay here again!

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Mellisa A, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Columbia-I-26 Harbison Boulevard, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2012

Hello Birdnerd62!

We always appreciate our guest feedback, all of it! Rather it is a positive rave or a constructive one they all help! I will be sure to share your thoughts about the queen size beds (as I would love to have them too). It is a topic we continually discuss with our owners-thanks for the help!

Our thoughts and well wishes are with your Son and appreciate his support. We hope you have a safe holiday season!

Best wishes,

Reviewed November 20, 2012

We have family here and have stayed at many different hotels (at least 4) in the area and this is by far the BEST! I shouldn't be telling people this. Traveling with pets can really leave you with some horrible rooms, but being a decent and clean pet owner we still want clean safe hotel rooms. Finding a hotel that accepts pets at all is so very difficult!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

We believe it's not just you who deserves a good nights sleep! Around here pets are part of the family and that is one thing we do right! I am so thankful you finally gave our hotel a chance. Even though we are 15 years old it never seems to surprise me that we are still a best kept secret. From this point forward we hope you know we're right here waiting on you to check in again soon!

Take care,

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Recently stayed two nights for a bass fishing tournament. Those who fish know what a pain it can be to get a boat into and out of parking lots. No problem here- hotel personnel actually acknowledged my taking up six spaces. They said it was no problem because I had asked when making reservations about the parking situation. Had me park in a well-lit area, with outlet for battery chargers also. The room was clean and up to date. Personnel were all helpful and friendly. Plenty of great restaurants nearby. And a mall where my wife spent two days of unsupervised shopping while I was on the lake.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank rdc5445

Go Fish! We are so glad you were able to experience our property during the fishing tournament. We love having you guys here! Our owners knew having a hotel nearby Lake Murray that battery chargers were a must! We just wish we had y'all more often! Many guest are not aware, but we actually have a special partnership with Capital City Lake Murray who assist in the tournaments so in the future be sure to ask and see if we have any discounted rates for the tournaments!!

For sure there is plenty of things for the Mrs. to do while you're having fun but i don't think should apologize for the unsupervised shopping? Or should we?

Hope to see you next time!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Very clean, excellent room accommodations, beds were very comfortable. I travel a lot and stayed at many hotels, but I have never had a desk clerk call my room and ask if I needed anything and was my room ok. Very impressive!! They have snacks available in the lobby as well as coffee, tea or hot chocolate. The breakfast buffet is not the ordinary...better than expected. Will stay there again on my way south.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo

We love our snowbirds!!! We have Florida bound guest who choose to stay with us while traveling every year & now we hope you will too! I am so glad to hear you enjoyed the call back from our desk! We hear many times guests stay at a hotel and never have the opportunity to share if they actually did need something. It is just one way we try to let you know we care about you and your stay. Hope you're enjoying the "warm winter" this season and we hope to see you in the spring!

Happy Holidays!