“First Impressions ..Great..But”

Ranked #1 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
Columbus, Indiana
“First Impressions ..Great..But”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2008

The shine of the tile in the lobby tells you this hotel is above average. Our check-in process was fast, friendly, and courteous. The room (101) was dated and poor workmanship in the construction was obvious. I think the staff, to their credit, does the best with what they were given to operate.

It is a "safe" stay and you'll be "ok" with the experience, but not overwhelmed.

Stayed April 2008
1 Thank crackofdawn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Charleston, SC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2008

The person who commented below about the lack of restaurants must have gotten lost. Within a 2 minute drive down the street from this hotel there is an Olive Garden, an Outback Steakhouse, Ruby Tuesday's, Fazoli's, Fatz, Carrabba's, Macaroni Grill, as well as every major fast food chain imagineable - not to mention a shopping mall with a food court. There are probably 20-30 restaurants within walking distance of the hotel.

This is a great location in a vibrant area of Columbia. Very convenient. I love this Hampton Inn. Although it is an older property, it is always meticulously maintained and has modern decor and amenities. One of the best Hampton properties I've frequented.

• Liked — Very convenient and centrally located to all areas of Columbia
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
3 Thank charlestondiner
Huntigntown
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2008

This hotel has a great staff and the breakfast staff is outstanding. It is an older interior hall Hampton. The entire place is clean. I have stayed there several times and have found that the airline pilots and flight attendents stay here. In the winter it is almost all business people in the summer there are a fair number of families on their way to Florida. There is a small pool. The internet works well. I would stay here anytime I am in the area.

Stayed February 2008
2 Thank Jerry-retired
Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2008

Consistent Hampton Inn quality every time I've stayed - which is three times over the last 8 years if I'm counting right. You can count on a good stay at this location. And the staff are unbelievably friendly.

I can't imagine why anyone would complain about the part of town or restaurant selection. The people who say that must be talking about what is in eye-shot from the parking lot only - a query from the staff would undoubtedly produce a long list of available restaurants. Those who grew up in the area, like I did, know that it is within a mile of Columbiana Centre, one of the nicer malls in the area, and there are probably 50 restaurants within 2 miles.

For me, the only drawback was that the fitness room did not have water available and the choice of equipment was somewhat limited / dated.

• Liked — High quality accomodations and super-friendly staff
  • Disliked — Fitness room amenities / equipment
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
2 Thank PrincessBrooke
Home in WV,SC,TN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2008

My family and I stayed here on our way back from Florida. Check-in was simple. The room was small, but there was enough room to be able to walk. My items for being a Hilton HHonors gold member were already present in the room when I arrived. The downside to this hotel is the lack of eating establishments on this exit. We decided to test out a Ryan’s that we saw advertised on our way in. This was the biggest mistake I have ever made. The restaurant was hidden, and no signs leading you to it. Take my advice do not eat at this Ryan’s. You are better off to stay in the guest room and order Papa Johns. I am not very likely to return to this location due to the lack of restaurants.

Stayed June 2007
2 Thank zachmb
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2007

This was a great Hampton! Excellent location - near restaurants, mall...; EVERYONE on the staff was extremely nice and helpful; the rooms were immaculately clean and well stocked; Breakfast was slightly above par for other Hamptons; we had a great room with a large whirlpool which was perfect after a LONG drive; the pool looked nice - we didn't have time to use it. I highly recommend this place!

• Liked — Clean and comfortable!
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank spkjones
Gainesville, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2007

My wife and I stayed for the weekend at the Hampton Inn at I-26 and Harbison Blvd. Everything was great...from the staff to the room. Exceptionally clean and well maintained. The hotel has a very nice pool and a walking trail around Harbison Lake. The hotel is across the interstate from the Columbiana Mall and numerous restaurants. No problems with traffic. I highly recommend "Sticky Fingers" if you like BBQ. The "Carolina Ale House" was also very good. The hotel is also approximately 5 miles from the Riverbanks Zoo and Gardens. The zoo was great and had a wide variety of animals and reptiles. The zoo is well worth the trip.

• Liked — Comfort and Location
  • Disliked — Nothing