“Nice hotel, great location.”

Hampton Inn Columbia-I-26 Harbison Boulevard
Ranked #2 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
Birmingham, Alabama
“Nice hotel, great location.”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

We stayed here over Veteran's day weekend with our son who is at Ft. Gordon. Couldn't go far, so we chose Columbia for a change of scenery. Chose this hotel for several reasons: traveling with pet, free breakfast and walking trails. Hotel is clean & beds comfy. However, would have preferred queen beds instead of doubles. Bathroom is a nice size. Front desk is very nice and accommodating. Peanuts, cookies, coffee/hot chocolate available in lobby. Breakfast was very good, but stay away from scrambled eggs - can't describe the taste. Best thing is the lake with all the trails around! You can even follow trail to the mall. Location was convenient to mall and restaurants. Would definitely stay here again!

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Mellisa A, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Columbia-I-26 Harbison Boulevard, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Hello Birdnerd62!

We always appreciate our guest feedback, all of it! Rather it is a positive rave or a constructive one they all help! I will be sure to share your thoughts about the queen size beds (as I would love to have them too). It is a topic we continually discuss with our owners-thanks for the help!

Our thoughts and well wishes are with your Son and appreciate his support. We hope you have a safe holiday season!

Best wishes,

Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Palm Coast, Florida
Reviewed November 20, 2012

We have family here and have stayed at many different hotels (at least 4) in the area and this is by far the BEST! I shouldn't be telling people this. Traveling with pets can really leave you with some horrible rooms, but being a decent and clean pet owner we still want clean safe hotel rooms. Finding a hotel that accepts pets at all is so very difficult!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
We believe it's not just you who deserves a good nights sleep! Around here pets are part of the family and that is one thing we do right! I am so thankful you finally gave our hotel a chance. Even though we are 15 years old it never seems to surprise me that we are still a best kept secret. From this point forward we hope you know we're right here waiting on you to check in again soon!

Take care,

Kings Mountain, NC
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Recently stayed two nights for a bass fishing tournament. Those who fish know what a pain it can be to get a boat into and out of parking lots. No problem here- hotel personnel actually acknowledged my taking up six spaces. They said it was no problem because I had asked when making reservations about the parking situation. Had me park in a well-lit area, with outlet for battery chargers also. The room was clean and up to date. Personnel were all helpful and friendly. Plenty of great restaurants nearby. And a mall where my wife spent two days of unsupervised shopping while I was on the lake.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank rdc5445
Go Fish! We are so glad you were able to experience our property during the fishing tournament. We love having you guys here! Our owners knew having a hotel nearby Lake Murray that battery chargers were a must! We just wish we had y'all more often! Many guest are not aware, but we actually have a special partnership with Capital City Lake Murray who assist in the tournaments so in the future be sure to ask and see if we have any discounted rates for the tournaments!!

For sure there is plenty of things for the Mrs. to do while you're having fun but i don't think should apologize for the unsupervised shopping? Or should we?

Hope to see you next time!

Avonmore, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Very clean, excellent room accommodations, beds were very comfortable. I travel a lot and stayed at many hotels, but I have never had a desk clerk call my room and ask if I needed anything and was my room ok. Very impressive!! They have snacks available in the lobby as well as coffee, tea or hot chocolate. The breakfast buffet is not the ordinary...better than expected. Will stay there again on my way south.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
We love our snowbirds!!! We have Florida bound guest who choose to stay with us while traveling every year & now we hope you will too! I am so glad to hear you enjoyed the call back from our desk! We hear many times guests stay at a hotel and never have the opportunity to share if they actually did need something. It is just one way we try to let you know we care about you and your stay. Hope you're enjoying the "warm winter" this season and we hope to see you in the spring!

Happy Holidays!

Oak Island, North Carolina
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Very good experience! The nicest "Pet friendly" hotel we've ever stayed in. The breakfast area was clean and attractive...the food was standard but a cut above most Hamptons. The only draw-back for us was that we booked on line to attend a function at Fort Jackson and the hotel is quite a bit further from the fort than what we had anticipated. Still,a pleasant stay!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Hi Sabre460!

So many times we hear how our new "pet loving" guest have to sacrifice their quality of stay to travel with their 4-legged members. We don't want that to be the case here! New to the pet friendly world as of May 2012 we are learning there are many benefits to having you here!

We are a bit further from Fort Jackson than other hotel options, however many of our military families who stay here say they prefer our area and all the things we offer here on our side of Columbia. Bountiful options of restaurants, shopping and entertainment, rather that be parks, hiking, movies, the lake, bowling, putt-putt or a race on the go-carts! We hope your solider you were visiting is safe & blessed this holiday season! We appreciate them & the families who support them!

In appreciation,

Mellisa Ayer & the Hampton Inn Team!
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Booked a room on hotels.com. Room description: king bed, sofa bed, whirlpool tub, and lake view. When I checked in, I asked about our room. I was told that it had a king bed and whirlpool tub, but no sofa bed or lake view. I said that was not the room that I booked online. She said that she tells everyone to book rooms through hampton's website because the other sites are misleading. She "upgraded" us to a room with a sofa bed, but a view of the parking lot. If the management is aware that websites are misleading, then why do they continue to sell rooms through them?
The room was nice, just not what I was promised. Lake is great. Breakfast was not very good.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Mellisa A, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Columbia-I-26 Harbison Boulevard, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Hello KS!

First, I just want to apologize that a third party website mislead you regarding the room type you reserved. Although unfortunate for us upon check in I am glad to hear our front desk agent was able to give the the exact room you were expected. I was not aware of any issues to date and since your posting I have reached out to Expedia.com, Hotels.com and a few other sites and audited our room description details. I do not manage these sites for they typically pull the information from our hotel brand site, which is indeed correct. However, after further investigation I did discover (as of Jan 15, 2012) that these 3rd party sites stated ALL of our rooms had the whirlpool tub & sofa, when in fact we only have 10 rooms which meet the description. So again, I am sorry their site posted incorrect information and do hope you were able to enjoy your stay in your upgraded suite. In the future if you're able to join us again and would like a King room with a sleeper sofa and whirlpool tub to be sure to ask or reserve one of our Executive or Master suites.

Thanks again for letting us know of Hotel.com's error and we hope you continue to enjoy traveling!

Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed October 28, 2012

I had a fantastic weekend stay at this Hampton Inn property in Columbia, South Carolina. The hotel was very clean, plus the staff are all friendly and helpful. And the common areas are very inviting. The breakfast was bountiful and fresh. There is even a nice area outside of the breakfast dining area that has a covered pavilion beside the pool, which features a gas fireplace, a big screen television and a gas grill. It was like having your own backyard oasis! Very relaxing. The hotel is close to scores of restaurants and shopping. This IS THE PLACE in Columbia!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
We can't find enough ways to say thank you to visiting guest like yourself, wow! Your review is so appreciated and we just wanted to say that we love having you here! You're welcome back anytime to enjoy our oasis-we built it just for you! Have fun & be safe on your future travels!

Always,