“Pleasant stay!”

Ranked #2 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
Oak Island, North Carolina
“Pleasant stay!”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Very good experience! The nicest "Pet friendly" hotel we've ever stayed in. The breakfast area was clean and attractive...the food was standard but a cut above most Hamptons. The only draw-back for us was that we booked on line to attend a function at Fort Jackson and the hotel is quite a bit further from the fort than what we had anticipated. Still,a pleasant stay!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Mellisa A, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Columbia-I-26 Harbison Boulevard, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Hi Sabre460!

So many times we hear how our new "pet loving" guest have to sacrifice their quality of stay to travel with their 4-legged members. We don't want that to be the case here! New to the pet friendly world as of May 2012 we are learning there are many benefits to having you here!

We are a bit further from Fort Jackson than other hotel options, however many of our military families who stay here say they prefer our area and all the things we offer here on our side of Columbia. Bountiful options of restaurants, shopping and entertainment, rather that be parks, hiking, movies, the lake, bowling, putt-putt or a race on the go-carts! We hope your solider you were visiting is safe & blessed this holiday season! We appreciate them & the families who support them!

In appreciation,

Mellisa Ayer & the Hampton Inn Team!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Booked a room on hotels.com. Room description: king bed, sofa bed, whirlpool tub, and lake view. When I checked in, I asked about our room. I was told that it had a king bed and whirlpool tub, but no sofa bed or lake view. I said that was not the room that I booked online. She said that she tells everyone to book rooms through hampton's website because the other sites are misleading. She "upgraded" us to a room with a sofa bed, but a view of the parking lot. If the management is aware that websites are misleading, then why do they continue to sell rooms through them?
The room was nice, just not what I was promised. Lake is great. Breakfast was not very good.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Mellisa A, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Columbia-I-26 Harbison Boulevard, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Hello KS!

First, I just want to apologize that a third party website mislead you regarding the room type you reserved. Although unfortunate for us upon check in I am glad to hear our front desk agent was able to give the the exact room you were expected. I was not aware of any issues to date and since your posting I have reached out to Expedia.com, Hotels.com and a few other sites and audited our room description details. I do not manage these sites for they typically pull the information from our hotel brand site, which is indeed correct. However, after further investigation I did discover (as of Jan 15, 2012) that these 3rd party sites stated ALL of our rooms had the whirlpool tub & sofa, when in fact we only have 10 rooms which meet the description. So again, I am sorry their site posted incorrect information and do hope you were able to enjoy your stay in your upgraded suite. In the future if you're able to join us again and would like a King room with a sleeper sofa and whirlpool tub to be sure to ask or reserve one of our Executive or Master suites.

Thanks again for letting us know of Hotel.com's error and we hope you continue to enjoy traveling!

Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed October 28, 2012

I had a fantastic weekend stay at this Hampton Inn property in Columbia, South Carolina. The hotel was very clean, plus the staff are all friendly and helpful. And the common areas are very inviting. The breakfast was bountiful and fresh. There is even a nice area outside of the breakfast dining area that has a covered pavilion beside the pool, which features a gas fireplace, a big screen television and a gas grill. It was like having your own backyard oasis! Very relaxing. The hotel is close to scores of restaurants and shopping. This IS THE PLACE in Columbia!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
We can't find enough ways to say thank you to visiting guest like yourself, wow! Your review is so appreciated and we just wanted to say that we love having you here! You're welcome back anytime to enjoy our oasis-we built it just for you! Have fun & be safe on your future travels!

Always,

South Florida, Florida
Reviewed October 24, 2012

My husband and I just spent a night at the Hampton Inn on the Lake at Harbison. Although we never did see the lake (we arrived later in the evening, with just enough time for dinner), we thought this hotel was a great value. It was clean, the front desk staff were pleasant and helpful, the room was comfortable and the breakfast excellent. It was everything we look for while "on the road". I have paid more for much less!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Vamanos1, we hope you will stop by again soon when on the road with more time to enjoy both our hotel and our area. There is lots to see & do besides our lake-it is just one of many. What makes me smile the most about your review is even in a quick short stay you were able to recognize what keeps us as a top ranking hotel. Thank you for this & thank you to our staff for always shinning-regardless of the length of stay!

Best wishes,

Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

We stayed At this Hampton on Oct.19-it is clean, staff is wonderful, our room was great with new carpeting, and the walking track around the lake is a huge plus for those of us who want some exercise. However, the hotel has 5 smoking rooms on the 2nd floor; we were on the 5th floor, but the stale smoke odor came through the air-conditioning vents, and was very obvious. Lest you think I am reformed smoker, I'm not- still smoke occasionally and love each cigarette, but I do not want stale smoke odor in my bedroom or luggage. Sorry, this hotel should not have the best rating in Columbia.

Stayed October 2012
Rudisil, thank you for pointing out to our viewers that you felt the hotel was clean, had a wonderful staff, great sleeping rooms and even had an opportunity to enjoy outdoor recreation. It takes a lot to be consistently ranked as a #1 hotel (in comparison to 91 other properties). There are so many factors which go into keeping us there, but we can only apologize for other guest not respecting the hotels non-smoking policy in non-smoking rooms; for it sounds like your experience was the outcome of a guest smoking in a non-smoking room. Regardless, I have great news for all of our viewers... as of November 18th we have officially become a 100% non-smoking hotel! So we hope you will visit again soon to embrace all of the other strengths we strive for each day to continue staying the top 5% on the Hampton Brands!!

Good wishes and safe adventures to you & yours!

Winter Park, Colorado
Reviewed October 15, 2012

This lake front Hampton Inn is the finest I've ever stayed in. It has a resort feel, with an outdoor rock patio with big screen tv and grill and fireplace. The lighted lake walking trail with the ducks are idyllic. The grounds and building are kept immaculate and the staff is the absolute best.

I booked on my way to Charlotte as a stopover, but I'm looking for a return so I can make it a destination. With more competition in Hampton Inn's price point. This should be Hampton's template for a model hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Thank you so much for your response, we greatly appreciate you taking the time to review the property and furthermore appreciate you choosing to stay with us. We know there are many hotels in Columbia to choose from. I'm glad you enjoyed the outdoor living room and location of our property, I feel it is just one of the ways we stand out from the competition in the neighborhood!

We look forward to having you back soon, you don't have to have an excuse to travel back, just simply plan to stay with us for Columbia has so many fun things to do throughout the year. Currently right now we have 2 of the biggest light festivals to spread some holiday cheer. Hope to see you soon!

Best wishes,

Augusta
Reviewed October 11, 2012

The staff at the front desk was very helpful and friendly. They told us if we had to leave before the breakfast buffet started we could get a "to-go" bag. That was a very nice touch. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Room was very nice. we were close to the elevator and feared it might be a noisy night, but there wa...