“Great hotel”

Ranked #1 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Great hotel”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

The suite we rented far exceeded our expectations. The living area was spacious and beautifully decorated. Our bedroom was very comfortable and the large master bath had two sinks, separate shower and whirlpool tub. Our room also overlooked the pool and Lake Harbison; the view was enough to put anyone in a good mood. The staff was extremely helpful and the complimentary breakfast was delicious and plentiful. We will definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: The corner suites overlooking the lake are bright and roomy.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Mellisa A, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Columbia-I-26 Harbison Boulevard, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Hello Reeda Z,

It sounds like you stayed in one of our Master Suites, truly a favorite among most. I usually say this suite is larger than my first apartment!! I'm so glad you were able to stay and enjoy the hotel from breakfast, to the staff, to the view! Come on back-anytime!

Best wishes,

Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Very nice, updated hotel. Superior service. Very clean room. Decent breakfast. Small, but ample fitness center, plus option to use community fitness center. Love the breakfast-to-go option and the free bottled water! Convenient to highway, shopping. Would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for room with lake view.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
How sweet to reference us as a Southern Treasure!! We offer all of our guest complimentary access to offsite facilities to work out if ours is simply not enough, thanks for mentioning this! Rather its a warm cookie waiting for you in the evening or a "breakfast-on-the-run" bag waiting in the morning we are always here when you need us. Hope to see you back again soon!!!

Safe travels,

Fresno, California
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Even though I had confirmed a non-smoking room, and even though the room door had the n/s logo, the smell of tobacco smoke in this hotel was so strong--it permeated my hair, my skin, my clothes, and on the next day, people asked if I had been smoking long--As an asthma sufferer, I had difficulty breathing in this property, and I requested a room change (no available), and suffered through the night. Upon complaining via the corporate survey, I was emailed by the manager that "we will be completely smoke-free next year, please return..." This is unacceptable, and the hotel apparently is doing nothing to abate the smell of smoke. So, if you want to smell like you've spent a week in a smoky bar (or casino), this is the place.

Room Tip: There are no true smoke-free spaces at this property. Beware.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Mellisa A, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Columbia-I-26 Harbison Boulevard, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Thank you for the review of your guest room. We utilize guest reviews to assess insights within our hotel operations and we have reviewed your feedback (in both the survey you received and on this review) with the hotel team and we are actively taking steps to freshen our guestrooms. Again, I apologize for your inconvenience and as you stated we will be completely smoke free very soon. I appreciate your time in reviewing our hotel and look forward to seeing you during your next visit to the area. If there is anything that I can do for you, please contact me directly. Thank you again.
Blue Bell, PA
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Dropped daughter off at University of South Carolina move in weekend. So, the hotel was FULL of parents and kids. Nevertheless, the service was wonderful. They have a complimentary breakfast that never ran out regardless of all the people that stayed there that weekend. The pool was small, but nice. The lake was nice to walk around, a little walking path. The rooms were clean and everything was just great. The staff were very nice and friendly and even offered different treats as we walked through the lobby, they had just baked cookies one day! I plan to stay there every time I visit my daughter at college. It is also convenient to lots of shopping and eating places.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Hello MaryBlueBell,

Congrats on getting your daughter off to college! USC is a great campus and we wish your daughter much success on her adventure! We would love being your home away from home for all your USC travel needs. We have had many families over the years do just the same, and their child's graduation becomes a celebration for us as well! Your welcome anytime, but a travel tip for you... book those busy weekends like move in, parents weekend and homecoming early!!

Hope to see you soon! Go GAMECOCKS!

USC Alumni &
London
Reviewed September 18, 2012

A good stop off. The hotel is a fairly typical Hampton Inn but what makes it nice is that the staff are really genuinely friendly and helpful. In addition, the hotel is right by a lake which is good for a morning jog - a lap is about 7/10ths of a mile - and there are plenty of stores and eateries nearby. You can't beat it for the $100/nigh price tag.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Hello gunner7,

I am glad you were both able to stay and enjoy some time around the lake. Many of our guest start or end their day on the trail as well!! It means so much to us that you recognized the staff as a whole, they really do want to make each guest love being here. I will share your review with them all & hope to have you back again soon!

Best wishes,

Belvedere,SC
Reviewed September 18, 2012

As a teacher, sometimes I need to get away in order to complete massive paperwork tasks or to just rest and relax. A colleague and I chose this hotel because of the proximity to good restaurants and a restful atmosphere. This was our first experience with Hampton Inn. I doubt I will ever change my mind.
Our check in was quick and the ladies were very friendly and hospitable. Our room was extremely clean. I had stayed in other motels where things seemed spot cleaned, but this one had no dust anywhere!
We loved the generous breakfast and the lake where you could walk and especially a great quiet veranda to sit outside in the peace and finish grading those last essays.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Welcome to the Hampton Family scdawgfan63!!!

Hampton does a great job at creating an innovative and lighthouse brand and I'm so thankful you had the opportunity to experience it at its best! Our staff lives and breaths Hampton's ideologies and strives to diligently to glow with hamptonality!

We thank you for your commitment to education and hope to always be a part of your "refreshing get-a-ways"!! You & your colleagues are welcome back anytime!
Hixson, Tennessee
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I stayed on business for a couple of days during the week. Staff was great and checked with me several times to ensure all was well. Room was clean and functional. The free breakfast had a great selection and a waffle maker. There are endless places to eat within a 10 minute drive along with every kind of shopping you could want. The 0.6 mile walking trail around the lake is easy access from the hotel and makes for a relaxing end to your day. Could not ask for a better stay at a good rate.

1 Thank Moonhole
Thank you so much for your review! We appreciate your busy schedule and taking the time out to share! Part of being successful in the hospitality industry is the ability to make people feel comfortable and and home. It's hard when guest like yourself who are required to travel on business and having to leave the comforts of home; but it is a goal of ours to make our Hampton a place looking forward to! So rather on your next visit you take the time to read a book by the fire, watch a game or show on TV lakeside, or simply enjoy a fresh baked cookie in your room we hope we are always a nice relaxing end to a busy day!

Hope to see you "home" soon!