“Fantastic hospitality”

Ranked #2 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
Atlanta
“Fantastic hospitality”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

We stayed here along the way to myrtle beach. The reviews and the #1 hotel rating in Columbia is absolutely deserving. Great hospitality, and while there is easy access to shopping in the front vicinity, there is also a nice lake with biking trails in the back. Highly recommended!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Mellisa A, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Columbia-I-26 Harbison Boulevard, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Hello AmitB,

Wow, thank you so much for just an awesome compliment! We were so excited when we finally earned the #1 ranking in Columbia, SC this year and have worked just as hard to keep it! We know there are a lot of options in town (93 to be exact) and we appreciate you choosing to stay with us. We hope to have you back soon!

Best wishes,

Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Portsmouth, Virginia, United States
Reviewed August 31, 2012

This hotel is the absolute best! We have had several family reunions at this Hampton Inn over the years and always enjoy our stay. The rooms are comfortable, the pool, gym, sitting area and lounge are great places to gather. As a parent I always feel comfortable to allow my teens to hang out at the lake and park. This is a wonderful place to relax. The continental breakfast is wonderful!!! The staff are friendly, professional, and always eager to please!

Room Tip: Lakeside rooms have a beautiful view.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
We appreciate groups like you! It was a pleasure hosting your group and we hope to have you back next year too! It's never to early to go ahead and get your group block on the books!

It means so much to me to hear our staff is always "eager to please". We continue to strive each day to make sure our staff is trained & sets goals to exceed our guest expectations-rather it is just to be there, or to make your day. It is one of our beliefs to always put forward a teamwork environment that provides a consistent service with a good attitude.

We hope to see you back next year!

cleveland
Reviewed August 29, 2012

This Hampton Inn was a stop for us on the way to Hilton Head. The hotel is very convenient to the highway (right at the exit) , but is in a very pretty setting. There is actually a good size lake with walking and biking trails right behind the hotel, and the hotel will lend you a 'cruiser type' bicycle to ride around the woods and lake ! Nice touch !
The rooms were very clean and spacious. The bathrooms were also clean and updated. I don't know how old this hotel is, but it looks fairly new. We had plenty of towels in our room, plus there is a microwave and small refrigerator in each room, which I used for our travel cooler contents.
The front desk staff is very friendly, and will recommend restaurants around the area, of which there are many to choose from. There is a hot breakfast in the morning for no charge, and it was good, however a bit crowded that morning (a Saturday morning in the summer is bound to be busy) and finding a seat was difficult.
I would definitely stay here again - a restful, comfortable stop for travelers heading on vacation !

Room Tip: Our room was on Floor 3 - very quiet. No road noise in this hotel - it's far enough from the hi...
Dear mykidsmomcleveland,

I'm glad you found us on your way to Hilton Head, we actually have many families who have made our hotel stop part of their destination! We hope you will begin to do the same as you kick off your annual vacations. We appreciate you recognizing all the hard work and renovations we put into the property last year, we actually just celebrated our 15th anniversary of opening and earned our 30th perfect inspection from Hilton within a month of each other! We're proud to work here and even prouder you noticed how hard the staff works to keep it clean and welcoming.

Thank you for choosing to stay!

Reviewed August 26, 2012

Just left this wonderful hotel! It was in a great location and the rooms were very comfortable. Loved the lake trail with loads of wildlife. Sitting out by the pool under the covered area was so relaxing. Thank you to the wonderful staff for making our stay there extra special. Great job:)

• Stayed August 2012
Thank you PJsMommy for taking the time to submit a review! It sounds like you had a great stay, and that makes us smile. :0) I have already printed out your review and pinned it up on our communication board for our staff. Our staff works hard to make sure each stay is the best it can be and they always love hearing they were able to deliver!

Welcome back anytime!

Omaha, Nebraska, United States
Reviewed August 25, 2012

I travel weekly for my job and have stayed in many hotels. However, I stayed here for a personal visit and chose it based on their pet policy for my daughter's pets. There is no pet fee or weight limit! This was the nicest Hampton Inn I have ever visited. The room was very comfortable, clean and affordable. The breakfast choices were outstanding. I enjoyed the covered patio by the pool complete with a TV for relaxing. Most of all, the staff were extremely pleasant and friendly. If you are anywhere near the Columbia area, you must stay here!

Omaha, NE

Hello Alines,

I'm so glad you had the opportunity to stay with us while traveling with your daughter. I am so thankful you had a great experience from which you were able to benefit from a nice, clean, friendly hotel and have your pets too! We appreciate your review, it is important to those other travelers looking for a great place to stay. Besides being newly pet friendly the outdoor living room is our newest addition. Having a comfortable place to sit, watch TV, BBQ or enjoy a fire is a wonderful way to end a busy day. We hope to have the opportunity to have you back again soon!

Safe travels,

Director or Sales
Hilton Head, South Carolina
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Location was very convenient to our travel plans in the area and to getting to downtown. The bucolic surroundings afforded the opportunity to unwind. Be sure to avail yourself of the free byclicles to tour the lake and parklike setting. The staff was most helpful in recommending restaurants and helping to satisfactorily resolve a billing issue with the corporate people.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Mellisa A, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Columbia-I-26 Harbison Boulevard, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
We appreciate the review. It is guest like you that help keep us #1!! Many times people forget about the Harbison Area, still Columbia-but just on the other side of the River. We are a short commute to downtown, about 9 miles to the city center. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the area surrounding the hotel, although we are on one of the busiest exits in town we have this great advantage of being tucked down in a lake front valley.

I'm glad you noticed the helpfulness of our staff, we take pride in this and even have special training program to make sure they are able to be so. We hope you will find and excuse to come back to Columbia, SC soon and if so please know you've already got a friend in town!

Best wishes to you!

Pawleys Island, South Carolina
Reviewed August 21, 2012

I have never stayed at a Hampton Inn before, because most don't allow pets, and I thought they were an overpriced mid level motel. BOY WAS I WRONG! When I stepped into the room I was surprised & very pleased to find a room that rivaled Hilton's & Hyatts!! Extremely cleaned, fresh, & nicely decorated. I got a king suite with fridge, microwave, bar sink, coffee maker & very large whirlpool tub.They were sold out of regular Kings rooms. There is a fitness room over looking a great pool, with outdoor fire place and large commercial gas grill, with Great stylish outdoor furniture and sitting area. The hotel looks new inside & out and sits on beautiful Lake Harbison which has a paved walking area around the perimeter. The hotel has complimentary bikes to ride instead of walk. Staff was courteous and professional. You select a rubber ducky on check-in, to get discounts, upgrades, snacks & ice cream. Breakfast was upscale continental with hot waffles, scrambled eggs, & potatoes. Would of liked some meat dish, but all in all not bad. Noon check out a big plus! No bar or restaurant in hotel but plenty of venues within waking and very close driving distance. Large Mall a mile away. My pet loved the sofa, chair & ottoman. Free Internet a Plus!

Room Tip: Opt for the Suite, get one overlooking lake.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Hello Megantracy,

First, I am so thankful you finally have had the opportunity to experience Hampton. Hampton is a great brand, a favor among many, and usually once you stay you see why they do too! If you travel often you should join the Hilton Honors reward program and earn points and free nights & other great things!

We became pet friendly this year, and it has been fun seeing all the "4 paw guest" come in from week to week. Besides the lake behind us, there are several great parks which have trails and dog access as well. You & your pet are welcome back anytime!

Take care & hope to see you back again soon,