“Hampton Inn at it's finest”

Hampton Inn Columbia-I-26 Harbison Boulevard
Ranked #1 of 93 Hotels in Columbia
Reviewed August 2, 2012

We throughly enjoyed our stay at this Hampton Inn. Our family had 4 rooms for the weekend and have no complaints. This appears to be an older facility but you really can't tell. It is up to date and clean. The hotel was full or near full with families the weekend we were there and the staff handled it in stride. The breakfast staff did an excellent job of keeping the food supplied and cleaning up after the many children. I personally didn't care for the cheese omelets but that is a matter of taste. We enjoyed the walk to Lake Harbison. There are a couple of restaurants next door (one is Applebees) and the many many other restaurants a short drive away. Also, there is a convenient walkway under the highways to the Columbiana shopping center.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Mellisa A, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Columbia-I-26 Harbison Boulevard, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2012

Dear Jim,

Traveling with a large family can sometimes be stressful, but it sounds like the hotel & accommodations did your family well! Our area is great for families, we have shopping & plenty of restaurants and let's not forget about the Frankie's Fun Park! Nothing better than a healthy game of putt-putt or a go-kart race!

You're right, our property celebrated it's 15 anniversary actually this month! With this being said, our management company and staff strives to keep it fresh and sparkling! I am proud to also share not only are we ranked number #1 on Trip Advisor, but we are also ranked in the top 3% in the brand nation wide (#25 out of 1800). Needless to say, our team continues to work hard to be at the top!

Also, I actually wanted to thank you regarding the feedback about the omelets, it is important to hear. Hampton as a brand cares to know what our guests think and overall experiences of our products/services-nothing goes unheard! Hampton is always finding fun & innovative ways to keep things fresh...

Thank you so much for your detailed survey & I do hope to have the opportunity to be a destination for your family on the next round of vacation!!

Best wishes to you & your family,

Reviewed July 28, 2012

I found this hotel on a dog-friendly web site. The hotel appears to be new and is very clean. The staff could not have been nicer or more friendly. At check-in we were greeted with freshly baked cookies. The room was large and clean. The beds, which were king size and comfortable, were made with freshly washed linens and duvet covers for each stay. The included breakfat contained a large assortment of hot and cold selections, including cook-your-own waffles and cooked eggs for bagles or whatever.

All in all, our stay could not have been any nicer and the price was reasonible.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank FLBigmac

Dear FL BigMac,

It is so great to hear you learned about our Pet Friendly hotel on a website. We recently made the decision this year, it only made sense for us here. Hampton is such a family friendly hotel, and who doesn't love our 4 legged members!

As a pet owner myself I know typically the pet friendly hotels are not always the place I'd rather be, and here your stay is backed by our 100% satisfaction guarantee! It is important to all of our "pet loving families" to know it's not just you who will sleep good & enjoy your stay! From the pet depot to the walking trails or chasing ducks around the lake we haven't had a pooch complain yet!

I too love the aroma of the fresh baked cookies in the evening, it is very welcoming but I hope your pet enjoyed a biscuit too! Please know you're welcome back any time and we look forward to seeing you & yours!!

Safe traveling!

Reviewed July 11, 2012

I am in charge of a group event that brings teachers for all over the state to learn about forestry. The Hampton Inn On the Lake at Harbison is the best staff and location that I have ever dealt with in the 15 years that I have been doing this. Melissa and Nicole was exceptional, making sure every detail was taken care of and suggesting ways that they could enhance the visit. I plan to use this hotel from now on every year and I recommend others to use it also.

Room Tip: Excellent breakfast, pool, and accommodations! The access to the trails around the lake make it even...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business

Dear Jerry,

First, I cannot thank you enough for your kind reviews and for sharing your experience about our hotel with the viewers. It was a pure delight to have you & your group at the hotel and we're glad to be a preferred choice for you-year over year! You work so hard each year to make the trip a success for your group and that is why it is so easy to be passionate about this with you! We are happy to spoil all of your teachers, a little appreciation for all they do!

We look forward to seeing you soon and are already excited for next summer! Take care and best wishes!

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Stayed on a trip from Beafort to go to the museum, one of the best Hamptons i have ever stayed in. Room was clean, staff was nice. The grounds were nice, also really enjoyed the walk around the lake in the morning after breakfast. Would stay again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple

Glad you stayed Mountaincrazy!

Although it sounds like a quick visit for you we appreciate both your choosing to stay with us and the kind review. Columbia is full of fun little day trip destinations and in the future you may choose to stay a little bit longer and enjoy more than one!

I will be sure to share your review with my team, it is important to us that our guest see just the effort the team puts in to making each experience above expectations. Again, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel!

Safe travels,

Reviewed July 9, 2012

My son recently graduated from Ft. Jackson -- Boot Camp for the Army! My husband I spent a weej at this Hampton Inn. It is conveniently located, the room was exceptionally clean, well maintained hotel the staff was absolutely wonderful to deal with, almost made you feel like coming home! For some, this place may seem a little on the spendy side, but especially in this case, you get what you pay for! Don't hesitate, just make that reservation!

Room Tip: Is there a bad room?
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family

Hello Higgens,

First of all, a big "HOORAH" to your son on his graduation from boot camp, that is an awesome accomplishment and we're glad we were a part of that with you and your family! It always makes me smile when I have the opportunity to hear expressions of the energy and environment we work so hard as a team to create... we do want you to feel like you're coming home. To us, we treat all of our guest as we would a guest in our own homes!!

I'm sure Columbia was only a destination because of Fort Jackson and we're proud to support the military and their families. In the event you travel back remind us of when you last stayed so we can welcome you back as family!!!

Good luck to your son in his new adventures!

Reviewed July 5, 2012

My husband and I recently celebrated our daughter's high school graduation at Hampton Inn in their meeting room space and our experience from the initial phone call to the actual event was awesome! Our sales coordinator, Nicole was very professional, prompt, helpful, and courteous. We had researched other venues prior to committing to Hampton Inn, but by far, they were the most professional. The entire staff made us feel very welcome and were very friendly. They were all so accomodating to include the housekeeping staff. The price for the meting room space was affordable and the space was perfect for the event of 30 people. Our daughter was very happy and grateful and we as well. They made it even extra special by displaying a running congratulations message on their board. That put the icing on the cake. The facility was very clean and the newly renovated space to include the ourdoor patio was simply beautiful. They can also assit with catering needs. We recommend Hampton Inn for anyone if you are seeking a venue for a private party or get together. We will most definitely keep them in mind for future events. Thank you for helping to make our daughter's special day very memorable.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family

Dear CTS 11,

Thank you for choosing to share such a special time with us in celebration of your daughter's graduation. We greatly appreciate your review about your meeting room experience, we strive to make each event unique in its own. I agree, Nicole is a great asset to my team and we are happy she is with us. She became very found of you & your family during the planning and we wish your daughter much success in college!

There are many times in your life you may need us... celebrations, birthdays, weddings, or maybe even a family members baby shower... you're welcome back anytime!

Best wishes to you & yours,

Mellisa A & Nicole B

Reviewed July 3, 2012

Spent 6 days at this Hampton and was totally impressed. Melissa who helped us with reservations was exceptional. Brandi at front desk made me laugh every day. The hot breakfast every morning was great, the staff, the cleanliness, the outdoor patio with fireplace and gas grill, the swimming pool and the room were all excellent. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and would happily return.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business

Glad you stayed "Spirocarol" ,

I am so glad I was able to help you with reservations, to me that is the first impression of the hotel and the experience you can expect while staying with us!! You stayed for a good while, if I recall correctly you were with your husband on training-it was good to have you here. I'm glad you were able to see Brandi in action! She makes us laugh too! (Smile)

You're welcome back anytime and if you are always welcome to ask for me directly!! Hope to see you again soon!

Best wishes,