“Great experience”

Ranked #1 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
Bellefontaine, Ohio
“Great experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2012

Our family stayed in 3 rooms for 2 days while attending our nephew's wedding at nearby Lake Murrey. Although on a major road it is set back and feels quiet and secluded. We really enjoyed the small Lake Harbison behind the hotel, with its paved walking path and opportunity to see at least 3 different species of duck (with lots of babies), geese families and many turtles.
The hotel itself was very quiet, even though we were on the first floor near a side entrance. When making our reservation over 6 months ago we didn't realize they had 2 different handicapped accessible rooms (one with roll in shower and one with a tub), so we inadvertantly reserved the one with the tub (we needed the shower), and didn't realize it till we got our email confirmation. Jamie was very helpful in correcting the problem and even chatted with me on the phone as she went into the room to give me details about the location of safety bars etc, to make sure it met our needs. And although we didn't demand it- they were able to get all our rooms together, with 2 adjoining, so I could assist my elderly mother, while still being in close proximity with other family members.
The breakfast was great, with hot and cold options and although I missed ihe evening cookies, my family members said they were tastey.
Would absolutely stay here again when visiting Columbia.

Room Tip: If you need a handicapped room, make sure you realize that there are both shower or tub options and...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank mauricesbelle
Mellisa A, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Columbia-I-26 Harbison Boulevard, responded to this review, May 11, 2012
Hello mauricesbelle,

We hope you had a blast at your nephew's wedding!!! I shared with Jaime how much you appreciated your experience and she remembered exactly who you were!! I know you were in town for a special occasion but we hope to have you back when you visit family. The next time you plan on coming, let us know you missed out on the cookies and we will make sure you get a special delivery!! Thanks for the great review & we hope you have safe travels in the meantime!

Best wishes,

Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2012

Had an excellent experience, stayed 4 nights. Room clean, staff exceptional. only had one small issue, shower curtain too short, reported to housekeeping before going to breakfast, then reported to front desk, House keeping had curtain changed before we returned from breakfast! and before front desk could call then. Kudos to the housekeeping staff ! thank you for your assistance. Bed comfy, breakfast was very good, some type of eggs, meat, hot and cold cereal, and of course one of my favorites, waffles! juices, fresh fruit, and yogurt. Love the breakfast bag to go! Breakfast staff was very friendly, kept the food well stocked and space very clean! Kudos to you ! Coffee/tea/hot choc. always available at "coffee bar" along with fresh fruit.
Front desk was very friendly and informative. Hotel is nicely set off the main road and has a nice walking path around a lake. free bike "rental" although we did not have time to take advantage. I highly recommend! government rate accepted.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Mary-Murray17, thank you so much for your recent stay!

We love having all of our guest here and are proud to offer the government rate for our city. Each morning we have a "huddle" with our housekeeping department and I took your review this week to share with the housekeeping staff. Their faces smiled as i read your recognition!! Thank you!! We try our hardest to anticipate all of our guest needs in advance, but sometimes we have to depend on guest like you to let us know something is wrong. I am glad you had the chance to see the team in action! We invite you back anytime and a heartfelt thanks for the review!

Best regards,

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2012

A little bit off from 77 but worth it.

Stayed in executive suite
Clean room no stains no dust
Drains worked well, good water pressure
Comfortable king bed

Front desk and staff were very friendly.
Look forward to staying here again

• Stayed April 2012
Hi DailyPush,

The Executive Suite is actually my favorite room type, and one of the guests too! I am glad you had a chance to experience our hotel and staff. I am proud of the team I work with and am very thankful you were able to recognize what a good maintenance, housekeeping, and front desk staff is able to do!!

We invite you back to our property again soon!!

Hamilton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

My family consisting of 2 adults and 2 young children stayed here after a lenghty 13 hour drive on our way to Disney. I only wish we could have stayed longer. The hotel was very clean and the staff were incredibly friendly. I would not stay anywhere else when I pass through this area again. The early 6 am breakfast was a welcome surprise and helped us get an early start to the second leg of our journey. The price was more than reasonable for the level of comfort and service. Thanks for providing a quiet, clean, comfortable night stay

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Dear BC805 & Family,

We hope you had an AMAZING time at Disney and just wanted you to know you're welcome to "be our guest" anytime! Maybe on your next scheduled trip you can plan a day or two to spend in Columbia, SC. The hotel is just minutes from Frankie's Fun Park, state parks, the state capitol, Riverbanks Zoo & Gardens, the SC State & EdVenture's Children's Museum. Lot's to see and do for a family of four!

In the meantime we wish you & your family well. Hope to see you on your next trip through Columbia, SC!!

Best wishes & safe travels,

Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

We stayed here three nights before the Masters tournament this past April. Great place to stay! Staff is very accomodating and friendly. Great location tucked off the highway, and very quiet. Easy drive to Augusta in the morning. Great and early breakfast- lots of both hot and cold items. Good restaurants nearby. Would stay here for The Masters again.

Room Tip: Always recommend rooms on higher floors farthest from the elevator.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank augustabethpage
Dear augustabethpage & guest,

Just wanted to thank you for choosing to stay with us during The Master's in Augusta this past April. It is always the busiest week of the year in Columbia, SC!! If you're planning on coming back next year our books are already open and you can begin booking at any time!

Hope you had a great time in Augusta!!

Safe travels,

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2012

Upon arrival could not be met by more enthusiatic hotel staff.
Pleasant accomodating full of information. The room was spectaqcular for 3 of us. We had the King bed suite deluxe. A giant living room, couch, dining room table and I mean dingin room table, full size fridge bay window, excellent bathorron walk in shower an, 2 sinks, whirpool bathroom. The price very reasonable was super good for our 4 days stay during the Masters. Breakfast to go in a brown paper bag at 4:00 am. Great breakfast otherwise nice selections, fresh coffee available throughout the day, nice sitting area, internet desk dozens of restaurants at the Columbiana mall across the freeway, you can not go wrong choosing where to eat. Shopping, same. At the Hampton Inn ask for "Z" she is fabulous say you were recommended by John from Canada. Easy access to major highway and under 1 hour to Augusta Masters. Booking again for next year. Again, the entire shift staff are like family make you fell really VIP even if you walk in late at nioght or morning. Good job Hampton, an excellent selection in staff.

Room Tip: If staying more than an day ask for the corner room suite deluxe you have all the space you need and...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Well Hello John from Canada!

I have shared your review with all of our staff and just wanted to say "welcome to the family"... that is the way our staff always is here, it is one of my favorite things about the group of people I work with!! You had the chance to stay in our master suite, what great room especially if here for more than a couple of nights. A special thanks from Z for mentioning her in your survey, for all special recognitions the staff earns "pickles", designed after a new hire training video... a little bit of a healthy competition among the staff.

We hope to see you again next year, if you have seasonal tickets go ahead and book your room early, the books are open and ready! You're welcome back anytime, but hopefully we will see you next year in April!!

Best wishes,

Clemson, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2012

Stayed in one of the suites and was Pleasantly shocked at how nice it was. Dual shower heads in the tiled shower, whirlpool tub, couch and TV in a living area with the bed isolated from the rest of the suit. Two AC units for the room made it nice to have the bed area cooler than the living. I have seen apartments smaller than this suite. The check in was effortless as to be expected with Hampton and to the room. Very comfortable king sized bed and quiet room, even in the morning. Slept in a little and caught the tail end of the breakfast crowd. A bit hectic due to the small area and seemed to run out of things but it got filled when pointed out.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the lake do not get the interstate traffic noise.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple