Our family stayed in 3 rooms for 2 days while attending our nephew's wedding at nearby Lake Murrey. Although on a major road it is set back and feels quiet and secluded. We really enjoyed the small Lake Harbison behind the hotel, with its paved walking path and opportunity to see at least 3 different species of duck (with lots of babies), geese families and many turtles.
The hotel itself was very quiet, even though we were on the first floor near a side entrance. When making our reservation over 6 months ago we didn't realize they had 2 different handicapped accessible rooms (one with roll in shower and one with a tub), so we inadvertantly reserved the one with the tub (we needed the shower), and didn't realize it till we got our email confirmation. Jamie was very helpful in correcting the problem and even chatted with me on the phone as she went into the room to give me details about the location of safety bars etc, to make sure it met our needs. And although we didn't demand it- they were able to get all our rooms together, with 2 adjoining, so I could assist my elderly mother, while still being in close proximity with other family members.
The breakfast was great, with hot and cold options and although I missed ihe evening cookies, my family members said they were tastey.
Would absolutely stay here again when visiting Columbia.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the great outdoors close to the Hampton Inn on the Lake at Harbison hotel in Columbia, SC. Request a free bicycle and helmet, and ride the paved trail along Lake Harbison adjacent to our hotel. Our pet loving families enjoy the short walk around the lake. We offer comfy and convenient accommodation for guests attending a conference at the Columbia Conference Center only 2 miles away. Walk to Columbiana Center Mall, Columbia's largest shopping district, and dine in one of our many restaurant options. Admire nature at Harbison State Forest, or take the family to Frankie’s Fun Park, just a mile away. Still need more? We're just minutes from the Historic Columbia Downtown District home of the USC Carolina Gamecocks, multiple state museums, sail on Lake Murray or take short drive to Historic Newberry. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hampton Inn Columbia-I-26 Harbison Boulevard reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn On The Lake At Harbison Hotel Columbia
- Hampton Inn Columbia
- Columbia Hampton Inn
- Hampton Inn Harbison Blvd