“Highly recommend!”

Hampton Inn Columbia-I-26 Harbison Boulevard
Ranked #1 of 93 Hotels in Columbia
Reviewed September 1, 2011

We were passing through Columbia SC and decided to stay here due to the lake and I had read a review about their great free breakfast. The hotel was really nice, all the employee's were very friendly and the breakfast was pretty good. The only complaint I had was that the eggs were powdered but there were so many options I didnt focus on that too long. They had a waffle maker, fresh fruit, bagels, toast, english muffins, cereal and all the makings including peanut butter, honey, sugar free syrup. Of course they had coffee and juice...very nice set up. I was very impressed.
We also enjoyed a walk around the lake. Room was a double and the beds were very comfortable. bathroom was just basic bath nothing extra there. They were working on their exercise room so cant comment and we didnt use the pool.If passing this way again we will probably stay there again. One other comment the hotel is close to resturants, shopping and grocery.

Room Tip: Reserve 7 days ahead for better rate
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank LM2005

Reviewed August 25, 2011

Rooms very clean. Love the refrigerator and microwave. After a long drive it was so nice to take a walk around the lake and stretch our legs. Breakfast buffet very adequate with plenty of choices. Staff thoughtful and very pleasant. Checked with us to make sure everything was to our liking. Applebee's within walking distance. Will definitely stop again next time we pass through Columbia.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank den-n-lar
Reviewed July 30, 2011

i stay here every year for annual business meetings. free breakfast is always great. beds are very comfortable. staff is attentive and very responsive to needs. hot cookies in the afternoon are excellent!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank mowguy98
Reviewed July 9, 2011

This hotel is in greayt location. The rooms are clean and the staff is very friendly. I will definately stay here the enxt time I pass through Columbia.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank lrr4604
MellisaAyer, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Columbia-I-26 Harbison Boulevard, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2011

Hello lrr4604,

Thank you for your recent review. I always love to hear what our guest think about their stay. We have been doing a lot of work on renovations so keep on coming & see the new stuff yet to come!! We look forward to having you again soon!

Reviewed June 25, 2011

Big thanks to Zenobia, Brandi, Todd, Mr. Herman, Sheila and the rest of the staff I didn't know by name that made our stay truly wonderful and pleasant.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
MellisaAyer, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Columbia-I-26 Harbison Boulevard, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2011

Hello littleredgirl,

Wow, thanks for the shout out about the staff. How amaizing! When our employees do something to make an impact on a guest I always love to hear about it! I actually gave everyone you bragged on a special treat for being recognized. We appreciate any feedback and thank you so much for choosing to stay. We look forward to seeing you again soon!! Thanks for the review!!

Reviewed June 25, 2011

I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel located on a lake. My husband and I enjoyed the walking path that is adjacent to the hotel and surrounds the lake. They even had bikes available to the us to ride the path around the lake. It had laundry facilities and the staff was most accommodating.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank CHEESECAKE12

Hello Cheesecake12,

We appreciate you choosing to stay with us during your travels through Columbia, SC. It is always wonderful to hear what our guest think and I'm very happy you enjoyed the lake and bikes. We love the new beach crusiers and hope they were here for you to enjoy. I'm surprised you didn't comment about the ducks, they usually join you on your stroll. Please know you're welcome back anytime! Thanks again for feedback!!

Reviewed June 19, 2011

My husband and I were on our way to Savannah GA on a much needed vacation when our car broke down(does anyone know what a heater coil does?). We stopped at the Hampton Inn at Harbison and we meet the Hampton Inn angel - Mary. Not only did she make us feel welcome she help us with the hotel rate, called ahead to the hotel we had reservations at in Savannah and she accommendated us with t he room and location (first floor) that we wanted. Once we were in the room she called to make sure all was ok with the room. Breakfast the next morning was awesome - loved, loved the selection that we got to pick from. We would definitely come back and bring famly and friends!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lindatanck

Dear Lindatanck,

Thank you so much for your recent stay. I hope the car troubles have long since passed!! I am glad Mary was able to help you while you were "stranded" in Columbia. We would love to have you back next time (minus the car trouble) and the greatest compliment is to pass along the word. Thanks so much & I gave Mary a special treat for all her hard work!!