“Hotel Excellence”

Hampton Inn Columbia Northeast-Fort Jackson Area
Ranked #9 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
Reviewed January 28, 2013

The Hampton Inn Columbia, 1551 Barbara drive, Columbia, SC, is what a hotel should be. I have stayed at this hotel many times and I have never had a bad visit. I travel a lot due to the military and my civilian job, and wish I could take this hotel with me to every city and country I go. The staff, from property manager to desk clerks, go out of the way to make every guest smile. I have never been to a hotel where the staff can remember your name and welcome you as you come and go. The breakfast, at this location is really nice and more than just a few fruit and cereal. I love the fact that fresh coffee and hot chocolate is at your disposal. The to go breakfast bag is a real plus, and comes in handy when I am running behind and don't have time to sit and eat. IF you ever in Columbia for military or passing through be sure to stop in and treat yourself to a wonderful experience.

Room Tip: Be sure to get the king room with whirlpool, it is a great way to end your day.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Columbia Northeast-Fort Jackson Area

Reviewed January 17, 2013

I travel for business and I always stay here. They are awesome. Always friendly and they greet me by name, due to my frequency in business travel. The breakfast is plentiful. The rooms are fresh and fully stocked. I have used the business center and the fitness center. They recently renovated. The new look and feel of the Hampton Inn North East is more modern and family oriented.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 16, 2013

I arrived after traveling alone with 2 teens (exhausting) and was met by such hospitality I just immediately felt relaxed and welcome. I try to stay at Hampton Inn whenever we travel along I95 because I know I'll have a great room and wonderful breakfast.

Room Tip: I prefer to always be away from the elevator so I can sleep in a bit more.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 9, 2013

This was just a stop on a road trip. We arrived New Year's Eve after midnight. From the looks of it, I expected the price to be out of range, but several hotels are clustered together and I popped in to compare. It was $8 more than the Best Western down the street, but offered a full free breakfast for 4 compared to waffles and grits at the BW. Todd at the font desk was welcoming, funny, and quick to tell me what the hotel had to offer. Great beds for a much-needed sleep. We wished we could stay longer.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 20, 2012

very clean. lots of parking. Hotel is very close to Ft Jackson's Gate #4 which is where you enter for Army BCT graduation. When you check in they give you directions to gate #4. Excellent free breakfast. Hotel is close to several restaurants.

Room Tip: Sprung for the king with whirlpool. Didn't need the whirlpool but gives you a sitting room as we...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 13, 2012

This actually my second review for this place. I have stayed at this place sveral times since my last review back In Feb. I was staying in room 107 this visit. The room had a terrible smell especially from the bathroom. The fitness room had thread mills that were out of order. The breakfast had seem to go down hill also. The fresh fruit especially the Apples were rotten and very soft. The wheat bread seem to have a little age on it also. The one thing I notice that would keep me away is the Internet service has really went down hill. I feel thet deserve a 2 rating, but I will go with three hoping improvements will be made. It put me in thoughts of staying at an old Days Inn. I am starting to think they are maybe leaving the Hilton Hotels due to the negative changes they have now.

Room Tip: Check before your visit to make sure your internet service is better. It was extemely slow this time...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank eastcoacpl
millerae, Manager at Hampton Inn Columbia Northeast-Fort Jackson Area, responded to this reviewResponded December 24, 2012

I am sorry for the experience you had while staying at this property. We did not know that your stay was this unsatisfactory. I will investigate room 107 and have maintenance inspect it as well. I believe this item can be handled very swiftly. In regards to the breakfast items, I will implement a system that will have us rotate our fresh fruit daily. The next item I read on your review is in concern to the fitness room. I believe that the day in question, I had to reset the breaker and have asked maintenance to do random testing to see if there is an underlying cause. This will be repaired immediatley. We are also switching internet providers within the next couple of weeks due to the current bandwidth not being able to support the usage here. Once again I apologize for the inconveniences you had here and rest assured that I am handling them immediatley. I hope that you will give us another try in the future and see that we care about the quality of our guests' stay.
Angela Emerson
Property Manager
803-865-8000
angela.emerson@hilton.com

Reviewed December 12, 2012

the property is extremely clean and the rooms are recently renovated. Great staff as well.

However despite a strong signal internet signal, service consistently went out. front desk said that they recently changed service providers.

I emailed the general manager about this and never heard back. So my advice would be to call and see if this has been resolved.

• Stayed: December 2012
millerae, Manager at Hampton Inn Columbia Northeast-Fort Jackson Area, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2012

I want to thank you for your last stay with us and apologize for the inconvenience of our internet. We are in the process of changing providers due to just this type of issue. The band-width with our current carrier is not strong enough to support what we need and feel our guests deserve.
I am staying on top of getting a new provider that will better accomodate this location. Again I apologize and please feel to contact me via e-mail at angela.emerson@hilton.com or phone at 803-865-8000.