“Not a bad hotel for a short stay”

Sleep Inn at Bush River Road
Ranked #37 of 93 Hotels in Columbia
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed January 1, 2011

We stayed at the hotel for only 8 hours while on the way to Florida, looking for a shower and a bed to stretch our legs. During the short stay, it seems it is a reasonably quality hotel and we don't have any complaint about anything at all.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Snowbird888

Reviewed December 24, 2010

I had higher expectations for this hotel following the reviews. I will say that the room was exceptionally clean for being obviously aged, however it was in need of upgrading. The carpet was old and the furnishings were quite outdated, but much can be said to housekeeping for keeping an older room so tidy. The gentleman at the front desk was absolutely stellar - warm and welcoming, friendly and professional. If you are looking for a clean, friendly, yet older and affordable hotel then this would be a good choice. I would return solely due to the outstanding service but would appreciate such things as a full sized night stand and more accessible outlets for electronics.

• Stayed: December 2010
1  Thank businesstraveler009
Reviewed December 6, 2010

Loved the room. Great staff as well as GM. The place was very clean and I enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed December 1, 2010

I really was impressed with our stay at Sleep Inn in Columbia - the hotel was perfectly clean and attractive, the furnishings and fixtures seemed new, and there were lots of amenities in the room. The wi-fi came on instantly with good signal. The staff went out of their way to find ways to be helpful - the most pro-actively helpful staff I ever remember from a hotel stay. I'll definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 26, 2010

The room was clean, and the bed was comfortable. The price was good. My only complaint was that the internet service was slow. I ended out tapping into the wireless service of the Microtel next door. There service was better.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo
SleepInnColumbia, General Manager at Sleep Inn at Bush River Road, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2010

As always we appreciate our guest review. We are sorry for the inconvenience you experienced at our hotel regarding internet. We have checked all our routers and all of them are working properly. I believe issue you experienced was temporary. However, we will keep monitoring the network to make sure there is no pattern of slowness in internet service. Thanks
again for your feedback and hope to see you again when you are in the area.

Reviewed November 22, 2010

David and the staff is great.My stay was great.I would choose this hotel each time I travel to columbia.It is only five minutes away from my sons dorm.Easy access to the interstate.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed November 17, 2010

Good value .
Like the location easy in and out
I been 35 years on the road 3-4.nights per week staying all kind of motels.
This is first one I want to write review .
I drop my wallet in my room (never happen before) game back half on hour and
staff find it and my wallet was waiting me on front desk.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business