“Not very clean”

Sleep Inn at Bush River Road
Ranked #39 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed November 20, 2013

We stayed at this hotel knowing that they were going through a remodel. But, our room was not finished or clean. The shower did not have enough water pressure to wash with, the bathroom floor and the shower had hair on them , the wood cabinet that contained the microwave and fridge was cover in paint spills and the paint job in the bathroom was never finished. I would not stay here again due to the poor cleaning. Also the bed was a cheap model that was hard as a rock.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
SleepInnColumbia, General Manager at Sleep Inn at Bush River Road, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2013

There are newer reviews for Sleep Inn at Bush River Road

Reviewed November 17, 2013

Stayed overnight with a friend after attending a South Carolina football game. We go to the hotel late, 12:30 AM and the parking lot was full. We were advised to park behind the hotel in a lot between this hotel and another. The lighting was not great and there were 2 people hanging out in the lot and I was concerned about leaving my car there. The receptionist was not wearing a uniform or nametag and the hotel is old. The bedspread had cigarette burns and the AC grill was missing. We had a short stay (less than 10 hours) so not the end of the world.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to complete survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future.

Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

This isn't the first time I've stayed at this Sleep Inn. In addition to all being "top notch" (bed, rooms, breakfast), the hotel staff are all very welcoming. Is it any wonder Sleep Inn Columbia is a "home away from home" any time I'm in the area!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank movingvan
SleepInnColumbia, Manager at Sleep Inn at Bush River Road, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Reviewed October 28, 2013

This hotel looks like it hasn't had the rooms touched since the 1970's. Everything is very dated and worn looking. The wall finish in the toilet / shower area had places where the paper or finish looked like it had been scrubbed off of the actual sheetrock. Everything about the hotel seemed to be done on the cheap. There was shampoo but no conditioner. The common breakfast area was tiny and even though there were only 8 tables in that area.... An employee was unpacking supplies tying up 2 of them during the breakfast time frame. I was especially unimpressed to see that one of the housekeepers had brought her kid to have breakfast there too. I'm not a snob and not trying to be unsympathetic to what may have been a childcare issue... But I do find it inappropriate. The rate was good but just not a very well managed property.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
SleepInnColumbia, Manager at Sleep Inn at Bush River Road, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Reviewed October 6, 2013

This hotel is under renovations right now, so I took that into consideration while staying here. My husband and I stopped here on our drive from Florida to Canada. The staff was extremely friendly and pleasant to deal with. The room was ok, it was clean, however it did smell rather musty and the carpet felt damp. The washroom had some mildew on the ceiling. The mattress was rock hard, and not the most comfortable, but for the price, we were willing to let that slide. We're not sure if we'd stay at this location again, but perhaps once the renos are done we'd give it another shot.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LeesaM0421

Reviewed September 5, 2013

I am a female business traveler and have stayed at The Sleep Inn on Rockland Road for many years. Safety is very important to me and I have always felt very safe at this hotel. The manager and staff have always been very professional and helpful with any special requests. I am a non-smoker and very consciousness of having a clean and healthy environment. Their breakfast and manager's reception are great as well. This hotel meets all of my criteria. I would recommend this hotel to other female business travelers.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Pat L
SleepInnColumbia, Manager at Sleep Inn at Bush River Road, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2013

Thanks Pat L. for taking the time to complete the survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

In my line of business I stay in hotels several times a week.The management at Sleep Inn in Columbia are always professional, friendly and courteous. The rooms are always clean and have all the amenities there that you need. If during my stay I have any problems or concerns they are quickly taken care of. I'm never there for breakfast, but Mr. Patel has offered to purchase food when I arrive. When in Columbia, S.C. I always stay at this Sleep Inn.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Richard H

Thanks Richad B. for taking the time to complete survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your survey responses will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be even more pleasant than the previous one.