“Great hotel in Columbia SC”

Sleep Inn at Bush River Road
Ranked #40 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Upstate SC
“Great hotel in Columbia SC”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I am a female business traveler and have stayed at The Sleep Inn on Rockland Road for many years. Safety is very important to me and I have always felt very safe at this hotel. The manager and staff have always been very professional and helpful with any special requests. I am a non-smoker and very consciousness of having a clean and healthy environment. Their breakfast and manager's reception are great as well. This hotel meets all of my criteria. I would recommend this hotel to other female business travelers.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Pat L
SleepInnColumbia, Manager at Sleep Inn at Bush River Road, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
Thanks Pat L. for taking the time to complete the survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Hopewell, Virginia
Reviewed August 2, 2013

In my line of business I stay in hotels several times a week.The management at Sleep Inn in Columbia are always professional, friendly and courteous. The rooms are always clean and have all the amenities there that you need. If during my stay I have any problems or concerns they are quickly taken care of. I'm never there for breakfast, but Mr. Patel has offered to purchase food when I arrive. When in Columbia, S.C. I always stay at this Sleep Inn.

1 Thank Richard H
Thanks Richad B. for taking the time to complete survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your survey responses will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be even more pleasant than the previous one.
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I stay in a lot of hotels due to my work. I have never stayed in a hotel where they treat me as we'll as they do here! Breakfast is always good to! They go above and beyond to accommodate me, and i will continue to stay here for al business trips and vacations that are anywhere close by!

Room Tip: I stay here a lot and have never had a bad room! They are all excellent, and the suites are even be...
3 Thank Andrew P
SleepInnColumbia, General Manager at Sleep Inn at Bush River Road, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Thank you Andrew for filling out this survey. We appreciate your business and we are glad to always serve you and your company. Thank you for mentioning how great our breakfast. We look forward in seeing you as always.
Hoschton, Georgia
Reviewed July 22, 2013

This was my 3rd Business Trip to Columbia, S.C. and I have stayed at this Sleep Inn all 3 times. The Guestrooms are spacious, very clean, quiet and well stocked with excellent quality towels and bath amenities. The 4 cup in-room coffee maker and the outstanding complimentary Breakfast Bar made the mornings very special.
The newly renovated Lobby, Front Desk, Breakfast Room, Public Restrooms and Corridors give the hotel a very up-scale feel. I understand that the Guestrooms will be completely renovated by the end of 2013. Can't wait to see the changes
If your plans have you traveling to Columbia, S.C. or you are just passing through, this Sleep Inn Columbia should be on the "Top of Your List " for price/value with "Service" second to none.

Room Tip: Make an advance guaranteed reservation.
Green Features: The towel reuse program and non-toxic pest control chemicals used make the hotel very safe and user friendly.
2 Thank Deborah S
Thank you Paul for your feedback and time when filling out this survey. We are glad to see that you like our rooms and bathrooms. Also glad to see that you like our breakfast. We are also excited for this renovation too. Thank you for mentioning that our hotel should be on top hotels in Columbia. We look forward in seeing you in the future.
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed July 20, 2013

We stayed at this hotel on our way to Orlando. This is one of the best Sleep Inn we ever stayed in. They have variety of items in breakfast for my whole family. I have very picky family and I am proudly saying that and all of us enjoyed the breakfast....fresh waffles, scrambled eggs, saucage links and three kinds of juices and fresh fruits plus yogurt. Room was nice and clean and front desk delivered extra toweles to our room with out any problem. Very friendly staff. Location is good. I see signs that they are going thru renovations and I was told by management all rooms will be renoveted very soon. We will be back again at this Sleep Inn.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank ashley c
Thank you Ashley C for your time in filling out this survey. We appreciate your feedback. We are happy too see that you and your family enjoyed our breakfast. Thank you for mentioning the things you liked about our breakfast. We can't wait to see you and your family again!
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed July 20, 2013

My family stayed here overnight on our way to the beach. We told the clerk we needed a room that sleeps 5, and when we got to the room, it had 2 double beds. We called the front desk to ask where the 5th person was supposed to sleep. The clerk admitted he should have explained that while 5 was max occupancy, there were only 2 beds. He suggested someone sleep on the floor! We tried to get a suite, but they were out, so they tried to get us a second room. My husband ended up sleeping in the floor. Additionally,the room was very awkwardly set up, with light switches hidden behind the bed, about 3 feet off the floor, and a weird wall sticking out between the bed and the sink, which I bumped into at least twice. There was also a place on the floor where a square of carpet had been cut out and put back, and when I tried to plug in a phone charger, the wall outlet tilted partially back into the wall. The lamps mounted to the wall didn't work and were loose and crooked. The alarm clock on the night stand was not even plugged in because there was no outlet near it. The free continental breakfast was decent, but scrambled eggs are not supposed to be square. I feel we could have done much better for $89 a night!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thanks Michelle S for taking the time to complete the survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future.
Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed July 15, 2013

This is a horrible hotel- dirty, outdated, disgusting. Blankets and bedspreads look 20 years old- worn out, pilled. Bathroom is old and stained. There was piles of either mold or dirt in the a/c vents, I didn't want to get close enough to it to see what it was, but whatever it was, it was blowing into the room. This was the worst hotel I have ever stayed in- EVER. If it wasn't 11pm when I checked in (in the middle of a long trip) , I would have stayed elsewhere. It would be overpriced at half the price.

Green Features: The mold in the AC unit is not environmentally friendly
1 Thank olliebrown
Thanks olliebrown you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future.