“Mostly Great”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Clinton
Beaufort, SC
“Mostly Great”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

I have stayed at this motel several times. Just about all of the staff are extremely friendly and helpful, with the less than occasional oddball that is obviously there for the paycheck only or on a power trip, not to help the guests out. The rooms are very nice. They have the nicest décor, furniture, and carpet that I've ever seen in this motel chain. The tvs are even flatscreens. The location is great....right next to the freeway, with many fast food restaurants and a few sit down places, including a very good seafood restaurant at the edge of the parking lot...with 10% off for motel guests. The area is very quiet, and I always feel safe at this location. The only qualm that I have about the motel is its wireless internet access. I couldn't connect or had dropped connections about half of my visits there...and for the entire visit. I rely on the internet for my job, so it's an issue if I have a deadline and have to get the job done while on the road. I like staying here and will chance the internet access unless I have a deadline that would mean the end of my employment if I can't meet it.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Christy S, General Manager at Quality Inn Clinton, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. We truly take pride in making Our Hotel your Home away from Home. We have put in new routers so hopefully that will fix the internet problem that you were having. We appreciate your business and enjoy taking care of your lodging needs. We look forward to seeing you on your next stay in Clinton, SC.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Northwest Indiana
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We stopped here overnight (at 1:30 am!) while traveling for vacation. Many hotels we passed were full due to sports tournaments and conventions. The staff was extremely helpful and accommodating to get us two rooms on such short notice. The rooms were clean although not perfect and price was very good. Beds comfortable. Breakfast was good and staff was very nice to offer to keep it open a little longer so we could sleep in a bit. The rooms were quiet with nice air conditioning, although it is obvious that they have updated some rooms more than others. Even though we didn't use the pool or exercise facilities, they were nice and clean. We would definitely stay here again if the need arose for a night.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Christy S, Manager at Quality Inn Clinton, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Thank you for your stay at the Quality Inn of Clinton. We value our guest opinion and we thank you for taking the time to do our survey. We look forward to seeing you again!

Prestonsburg, Kentucky
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Excellent above and beyond customer service from desk clerk!!!!!!!! Clean room and pool. The beds were very comfortable. The sea food restaurant next door was excellent and in walking distance. We stop here when traveling near by.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Christy S, General Manager at Quality Inn Clinton, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Patty M,

Thank you for your feed back. We take pride in our Guest, as we strive to make the hotel your Home Away From Home. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to the Clinton area.

Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed March 26, 2013

We where in room 131....Upon entering the room the first thing we noticed was a stain in the flooring by the end of the bed (size of a football) appeared to be either a beverage stain or blood.Then the two chairs by the table each had a stain the size of a baseball..either by a beverage or blood. The tv screen had a bunch of sticky stuff on it as well as the window..maybe from a large dog...We opened the dresser drawer and the bottom drawer fell out on the floor..Frige freezer had so much frost on it we could not put anything in the freezer..There was bits of debris thru out the room that could have been vacumed up..Left a message at the front desk operator and never heard back...Notified the person at the front desk upon our departure about the problems and she said the info would be passed on...Quality Inn will not be a place of choice for any future stays.

Room Tip: Get a room early so you dont have to be desperate.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Clinton hotels

Hendersonville, North Carolina
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Well let me start by saying the people at the front desk were awesome. They put breakfast out early for us early every morning knowing we had to leave early. Very friendly and helpful. But the rooms weren't exactly clean there was food all over the microwave and stuff on the floor. They had a sign saying that if you hung your towel up they would leave it alone and only wash what was on the floor to save water which I was all about saving water but they took them off the hook every day and washed them. I didn't get fresh sheets the entire stay. there were also cats outside raising cane during the night that kept me up. But all in all it wasn't to bad.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Christy S, Manager at Quality Inn Clinton, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Quality Inn for your lodging needs. I am sorry about the microwave and i have discussed this with the Executive Housekeeper. We are trying to catch the cats to get rid of them and its not easy when people keep putting more out at the end of the street. I am sorry for any problems they may have caused you. Hope to see you again at the Quality Inn.

Davie, Florida, United States
Reviewed January 7, 2013

christy at quality inn in clinton south carolina at inn #sc123....was exceptional as was our room and the breakfast....we kept the exit # for future reference to stay there again when in the area,
the personel was good and accommodating....

Room Tip: we had a disabled room and it was perfect
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Christy S, General Manager at Quality Inn Clinton, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Glad you enjoyed your stay at the Quality Inn. We look forward to accomadating you on your next visit to Clinton, SC.

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed December 5, 2012

I had the pleasure of staying in your hotel in Cinton, SC back in October while traveling on business. The hotel management and staff were very friendly and professional. My room was clean and everything was in working condition. I had very pleasant converstions with the young woman who check me in and again when I checked out, this will be my hotel of choice when I am traveling in that area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Christy S, General Manager at Quality Inn Clinton, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Roxie we we enjoyed you staying with us. It has been our pleasure to help you with your lodging needs. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to the Clinton area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clinton
Comfort Suites Clinton
#3 of 5 in Union
Days Inn Newberry
Days Inn Newberry
#3 of 4 in Newberry

Been to Quality Inn Clinton? Share your experiences!