“Trouble Communicating Requests”

Hampton Inn & Suites Clinton
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Clinton
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Hotel is in need of freshing since the rooms are beginning to show their age. The carpet and linens are wearing a little thin. Speaking of linens, I do not think I need fresh towels and sheets every day but I really expect the bedding to be changed every third day or so as in other hotels. NOT so here in Clinton.

I stopped by the front desk one evening and requested the sheets be changed since it had been four nights. I then reminded them the next morning as I was leaving for the day. The sheets were not changed when I returned that evening nor had they vacumed the carpet BUT they did make up the bed and made sure the old sheets were pulled very tight.

The draps in the room were dangling and I also requested that they be fixed since it was hard to sleep with light shinning through but they seem to have not been able to follow up on that request much less take the initiative to fix it themselves.

Room Tip: rooms at the end of the halls tend to be a little quiter but have weaker wireless connection.
3  Thank DavidNCarolyn
Sam P, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Clinton, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2014

First of all, on behalf of my staff, let me apolgize for our mistakes during your stay. We appreciate your honest feedback and apologize for the cleanliness missteps. We have high expectations for our housekeeping standards, such as changing the sheets when approprate, and getting things fixed, and are working with our team to ensure rooms are completely comfortable for our guests. It is responses like this that give our staff a real life example of how we can, and need, to do better. Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your business travels and we hope we can invite you back for a more enjoyable experience.

Reviewed February 21, 2014

Best value for 100s of miles for this traveler. The quality of the hotel's amenities, the service of the staff, the beds and the hospitality functions each week are superb. I always stay here when my travels bring me nearby.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

I use Hampton Inns almost all the time on travel. Great rewards program. This hotel was average which is what I am looking for in a overnight stay on business trips. Nice to not have a lot of traffic in a smaller town.

Reviewed February 7, 2014 via mobile

The rooms were very clean and the staff was very courteous. Would stay here again. Has a place to eat next door that is a good place to eat. They have a good breakfast that was ready on time. If you need a place to stay in clinton I would recommend here.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 21, 2014

We have tried all the other hotels in town, and now we stay at the Hampton Inn when we're in Clinton. The prices are reasonable, the hotel clean, nice big flat-screen TVs, excellent mattress, decent breakfast. Fatz Cafe is literally next door, a 50-foot walk. Presbyterian College campus is a 10-minute drive but this hotel is on the highway so it's convenient. We always book the room with the balcony, if it's even semi-warm it's very nice to stand there and soak up some sun. The staff here is friendly and always makes us feel at home.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed December 31, 2013

it was clean, good food, friendly, pool was warm, hot tub shut down, eleivator ans shafts not heated or sealed from then outside, very cold. Room and bath were clean and nice. Blower unit in heater was noisie, but don't know how you made it be more quiet without shutting it almost off.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 7, 2013

We had to make a special stop to visit a friend and after hours of driving saw this great looking hotel. We enjoyed the rooms, service, and friendliness of staff. Breakfast was very good with quite a few choices of fruit, nuts, breads, cereals and eggs.

Quite a value for the money!!!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clinton
Comfort Suites Clinton
#3 of 4 in Clinton
Days Inn Newberry
Days Inn Newberry
#3 of 4 in Newberry

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Clinton? Share your experiences!