“Great value”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Clinton
Beattyville, Kentucky
“Great value”
Reviewed July 30, 2012

I've yet to have a bad experience with a Comfort Suites and this one didn't snap that streak.

I was traveling and was not going to make my intended destination for the evening. Needed to stay at a Choice Hotel to take advantage of a points promotion. When I got to Newberry, SC and the intersection of Route 121 and I-26, I checked for nearby Choice Hotels and a couple in Clinton showed up. Rates for both were similar, and I was surprised that the Comfort Suites was a bit cheaper than the nearby Quality Inn. I read the reviews here and decided it would be a good place to stay, so I headed west on I-26 for 20 miles to stay here after reserving a room on my iPad.

This is obviously a popular hotel with travelers using the interstate to get to a vacation destination, as the parking lot filled up quickly with carloads of what were obviously traveling families. There were so many Kentucky vehicles and people wearing UK shirts that I felt like I was on campus in Lexington. Must be an easy stop-off point for the night for people going to and from Myrtle Beach.

Anyway, the room was good as usual for a Comfort Suites. Good wi-fi, acceptable water pressure, comfy bed, great refrigerator. The elevators were slow, but probably because they were in such heavy use. Breakfast was OK.

Definitely worth a stop if you are traveling along I-26 in Upstate SC and need a room for the night.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Sherry A, General Manager at Comfort Suites Clinton, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
On behalf of our hotel staff, I am writing to let you know how delighted we were to receive your kind words of praise concerning our property during your recent stay with us.

Given the very nature of hotel business, the hours are long and demanding. Day or night, good service depends upon people willing to give their very best at all times. That’s why it’s truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staff’s efforts, and takes the time to say “THANK YOU”.

We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their night’s stay a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to all of our guests at reasonable prices. But, it’s only through their eyes that we can accurately assess the quality of the accommodations and services we provide.

Since taking over the property in May of this year, we have strived to make exciting new changes and improvements so that each guest will have a wonderful stay. We are still in the improvement stage and are working hard at making the Comfort Suites of Clinton the best place to stay in the area.

Again, let me thank you for your kind words. We’re committed to total guest satisfaction, and we look forward to your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
burlington, IA
Reviewed July 13, 2012

our room couldn't have been better, king size very comfortable bed and tons of room. staff was great and breakfast was good, usual food. For the price you can't beat this hotel, very pleasantly surprised.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank fawn1820

Richmond, Va
Reviewed March 8, 2012

When we first checked in, the room assigned to us had an a/c unit that made too much noise. They changed us to another room. It's a/c unit didn't pump out much cold air, but at least it was quite. The pullout mattress was pathetic. You could feel every coil. In the morning, the hot water was only warm. Breakfast was okay, that staff was nice, but the hotel needs an overhaul. I would try a different hotel if I stayed in Clinton again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank coc3boys
tazewell
Reviewed January 14, 2012

This hotel was very nice but most of all the staff was very nice there was a problem with our room but Rebecca quickly took care of it to satisify me and my family.We greatly appreciated her help and kindness.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
North Canton, Ohio
Reviewed November 27, 2011

I was pleasantly surprised by this hotel. It was about $25 cheaper than many other hotels in town, but you sure couldnt tell. The continental breakfast was excellent - scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, waffle maker, cereal, toast, muffins, bagels, etc. We had a King Suite and it was a nice big room. The bathroom was very nice - could have been man made material, but it sure looked like granite countertops and shower walls to the ceiling. The shower had a 5 setting shower head and the rounded out shower curtain to make the tub/shower seem very spacious while showering. Had a fridge & microwave, and a TV with more channels than I have ever seen in a hotel before. We stayed 3 nights while visiting family over Thanksgiving and were very happy with our choice. ps.... the Blue Ocean restaurant right next door was excellent too!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mary S
Ballston Spa, New York
Reviewed November 16, 2011

When we arrived around 5 pm, all the exterior lights were out, and we weren't even sure if the hotel was open! Our room wasn't immaculately clean, but it wasn't filthy. There appeared to be only one staff member working, and we had to wait a couple of hours for her to locate the hotel's only port-a-crib, but otherwise the service was good. The breakfast was fine. Our only complaint was that the "heated" pool was not heated.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 16, 2011

We arrive. Want to wash our hands. No towels in the room. Call the front desk. They say we must come down to get them. The clerk asked me "your room was clean right"? Wanted to talk to a manager. None available until Monday.

• Stayed October 2011
2 Thank brigmang
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clinton
Hampton Inn & Suites Clinton
Quality Inn Union
Quality Inn Union
#3 of 5 in Union
Days Inn Clinton-Presbyterian College

Been to Comfort Suites Clinton? Share your experiences!