“Friendly staff, good breakfast, poor bed, needs remodel”

Comfort Inn Clemson University Area
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Clemson
Reviewed November 4, 2013

First, I'm grateful to have found a room late at night. The staff was very helpful. The location was very quiet and I slept most of the night. The bed was soo soft that I needed to put a pillow between my husband and me to prevent us both from ending up in the middle pit. The room was clean, but the previous remodel was not well done. I'd stay here again, but I'd first try another hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
April M, Manager at Comfort Inn Clemson University Area, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Thank you for your review. The property is now under new ownership and the rooms are currently being updated. I hope you will visit Clemson in the future and check out our updated rooms. Thank you and we hope to see you again!

There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn Clemson University Area

Reviewed October 13, 2013

This is the second visit in a row this month and the wireless Internet is unstable - the signal cuts out completely I'd say 25% of the time so don't come here if you depend on it. I told the front desk and they said they were aware of the problem-they knew about this problem last year.
One moring when we came to breakfast 1/2 hour before breakfast was supposed to be closed all the biscuits were gone and the kitchen staff said it was too late to bake more. No big deal unless you want a biscuit . Last time 2 weeks ago the room for eating breakfast didn't have the tables set up so we had to move the tables ourselves. These are little things, but when you are paying $240 per night I expect more...

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using your review to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future. As of August 29th, the hotel is under new ownership and several changes are being made including major room updates starting this month. Also, a new contract has been submitted for a faster wireless provider. I do apologize for the inconvenience that the wireless may have caused.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

We came in to Clemson for homecoming. Compared to other places this was affordable and friendly. Looks like some updating could be done,but then I over heard someone say that they have new owners now. I will most likely stay again next time I'm in the area.Great location.

Room Tip: The suites are very nice.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
April M, Manager at Comfort Inn Clemson University Area, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. As of August 29th, the hotel is under new ownership and several changes are being made including major room updates starting within the next 6 to 12 months. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed September 28, 2013

The housekeeping staff was very nice and helpful, and the free breakfast is edible. That's about it. The rooms smell musty, the free wi-if is practically non-existent, the toilets don't completely flush, and the front desk staff is clueless.

• Stayed: September 2013

Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. As of August 29th, the hotel is under new ownership and several changes are being made including major room updates starting within the next 6 to 12 months, including a new internet provider.

I hope that you will consider staying with us again!

Reviewed September 28, 2013

We stayed here June 2013 for 2 nights while attending a family wedding, this spot was only chosen as it is pet friendly and the host hotel was not. I can't complain too much, it was about what I expected. I found the beds comfortable, but the bathroom was extremely small and tight. Housekeeping was a bit lacking in this worn, outdated room. The morning breakfast was just OK. On both mornings two older gentleman, who just appeared to be just be visiting for breakfast, were served their "regular" by the attendants. Seems as though staff were expecting these two and even commented they were right on time! Who knows what that was all about, maybe they are the owners?!? Just weird and odd. The thing I found that was the most weird was a taxi driver, he seemed to come and go on his runs and then take "homestead" on the sofa in the day lounge off the front desk to watch TV. Day or night he was permanent fixture. We just laughed about these oddities, as I guess it's Southern Hospitality. Bottom line...would I stay here again...Not Likely.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
comfort76, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn Clemson University Area, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2015

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future. The hotel is now under new ownership and several changes have been made. I do apologize for the inconvenience that you have have encountered.

Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

Stayed two nights here and had a good experience. It was nice and quiet and the beds were comfortable. Enjoyed the breakfast but there's not a huge selection if that is what you look for. It had cereals, yogurt, waffles, and some good biscuits and gravy. Staff was nice and I was told that they will be undergoing a remodel so they should fix any of the problems the other reviewer had. I would stay again if ever in the area.

• Stayed: September 2013
April M, Manager at Comfort Inn Clemson University Area, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. It is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Let me start with something: the staff is very polite and offered great service. It's not their fault that the building is in shambles. Also, it wasn't a game weekend, so I can't comment on parking.

We went down there this weekend for a family event, so our group had 5 rooms there. We were lucky, apparently, because the worst things we had to deal with were WET carpets in our room (and towels that never dried) and a random noise from the corner of our room. The dehumidifier in the hallway probably helped, and there's been a TON of rain there. However, the rundown of what everyone had to deal with was what prompted me to go in depth here. Two other groups had to change rooms, because one had mold growing on her doors, and the other described the smell as "tiger urine" (Clemson, so there was school spirit). While we were in another person's room the biggest roach I have EVER seen appeared on the wall. Those aren't healthy, the last one is dangerous--another member of our party got cold overnight (due to the moisture), switched the in-room unit to low heat, and IT CAUGHT ON FIRE. Literally, fire coming out of it, and the scorched remnants in the hallway the next morning. To me, even a full refund won't cover that. Needless to say, none of us will be staying there again.

• Stayed: September 2013

Thank you for taking the time inform me about your unsatisfactory stay at our property.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future. As of August 29th, the hotel is under new ownership and several changes are being made including major renovations starting within the next 6 to 12 months.

I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience. If you are planning to visit the area in the next 6 to 12 months, please give me a call and I would like to make a reservation for you in one of our newly renovated rooms. Thank you for your time and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.