“Great spot for bagels”

The Hudson Bagel Company
Jacksonville
“Great spot for bagels”
Reviewed August 10, 2012

Good bagels that are a good size - not too big, not too small. Be sure to get them toasted twice because once is not enough.

Visited August 2012

Georgia
“Absolutely Terrible”
Reviewed June 17, 2012 via mobile

I typically like to provide a balanced review even when I have a poor experience at a dining establishment. Unfortunately there is nothing positive I can provide regarding my family's experience at the Hudson Bagel Company. We were visiting Clemson and staying at the Holiday Inn Express (not a bad hotel given the options in Clemson) and thought we would go for a "Panera" type experience rather than eating at the HIE. Big mistake! Here are a few of the disappointing aspects of our visit:

1) Service is slowwwwwww. They were understaffed for a Sunday morning by at least two employees.

2) Their bagels are tasteless, hard and rather small.

3) Their English Muffin egg, cheese and bacon sandwiches are awful. They were served barely warm, cheese not melted and the muffin was at least a few days old.

Please do not make the mistake we made. I ended up taking the kids to Dunkin Donuts to make up for our undelightful experience - they were thrilled since we rarely let them have that type of treat (I felt bad on Father's Day).

NYC
“The bagels just aren't very good”
Reviewed January 25, 2012

I really wish there were good bagels in Clemson. Unfortunately Hudson uses some kind of steam system rather than making true water bagels. It's really not as good no matter what they say. The bagels are doughy, like supermarket bagels. We tried several different kinds -- they have a good variety -- in order to give them a fair chance. Nope. I want to like this place -- the staff are personable, the cafe is well located and welcoming. They claim that their bagels are New York bagels made in South Carolina. Nope again. I wish Hudson made bagels like Greenfield's in Greenville (see my review). As you can see, we haven't been back since our first visit months ago. Whatever else they serve, a place that calls itself a Bagel Company has to serve good bagels. Bottom line, they don't. Sorry.

• Visited June 2011