“Clemson's Best!”

Ranked #3 of 122 Restaurants in Clemson
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Have eaten many dinners here and one brunch and everyone is always delighted with his or her choices. The menu includes newer entrees as well as a few traditional recipes--some of the best shrimp and grits I've had! The food is fresh and served by a very capable waitstaff. The wine list includes many favorites. The prices may be a bit high for students, but are reasonable compared to some of the other nice restaurants in the Clemson area. Parking is a bit tricky and the front door may be hard to find the first time.

1  Thank Ravenel123

Reviewed March 23, 2014

We had a lovely family dinner at The Blue Heron during a recent college visit to Clemson. Our dinner was delicious. The wine selection is excellent. The service was very good. If the kid chooses Clemson we will visit again and again!

Reviewed March 19, 2014

We ordered a special that turned out to be twice the price of a normal meal. Shame on us for not asking the price. But when the price of a special is twice the price of a normal meal, it should be the server's responsibility to inform the customer.

1  Thank Jim B
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Love the food. All entrées are delicious and worth the price. Not priced for the college student budget unless daddy is footing the bill. I chose the restaurant for special occasions. They have never let me down.

Reviewed January 30, 2014

Took our son here for his 23rd birthday on his suggestion. This was our first time here and was completely taken back at how good this restaurant would end up being. The Clemson University area is not known for their great restaurants. Lots of fast and pub type food.

Our son had the lobster bisque to begin. It was quite good. Husband had the oysters and I had the fried green tomatoes. It was all delicious. We normally don't have different appetizers., but they too many good ones to choose just one. For dinner, our son had a pasta dish, and lots of it. I had the rack of lamb, and omg, it was so good. Came with goat cheese mashed potatoes that were perfectly blended and cooked and steamed broccoli. My husband had the veal marsala and practically licked his plate. Served differently from your main, well known, Italian restaurants.

To find a gem like this in a college town is rare. I'm so glad our son thought of this restaurant. He and his friends enjoy going there for their sushi. Which they have a sushi bar as well. My husband and I left there thinking that it was one of our best 'out to eat' dinners in quite some time. Our waiter was very good as well. Attentive, but not over attentive.

Located 1/2 mile from the university. Walking distance on game days.