“Just Outstanding!”

Ranked #3 of 122 Restaurants in Clemson
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed January 30, 2014

Took our son here for his 23rd birthday on his suggestion. This was our first time here and was completely taken back at how good this restaurant would end up being. The Clemson University area is not known for their great restaurants. Lots of fast and pub type food.

Our son had the lobster bisque to begin. It was quite good. Husband had the oysters and I had the fried green tomatoes. It was all delicious. We normally don't have different appetizers., but they too many good ones to choose just one. For dinner, our son had a pasta dish, and lots of it. I had the rack of lamb, and omg, it was so good. Came with goat cheese mashed potatoes that were perfectly blended and cooked and steamed broccoli. My husband had the veal marsala and practically licked his plate. Served differently from your main, well known, Italian restaurants.

To find a gem like this in a college town is rare. I'm so glad our son thought of this restaurant. He and his friends enjoy going there for their sushi. Which they have a sushi bar as well. My husband and I left there thinking that it was one of our best 'out to eat' dinners in quite some time. Our waiter was very good as well. Attentive, but not over attentive.

Located 1/2 mile from the university. Walking distance on game days.

Reviewed December 3, 2013 via mobile

This is one of the most fun places to eat in Clemson. My wife and I come here often and we've never had a bad experience yet. The upstairs dining areas can get a bit loud. The bar downstairs is always full and lots of fun. The menu is quite extensive; The crab cake burger and the sushi are personal favorites of mine. This place also serves Rogue Dead Guy Ale on tap.

Reviewed November 9, 2013

I went for the first time with about 10 girlfriends last Thursday night and WOW! Free shots at the door! The place was packed but staff quickly put together tables for us. The last thing I thought I would order was a burger at a sushi joint, but I saw the couple next to us eating them and couldn't resist. Best blue cheese burger I have ever had! I will definitely go back!

Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

Well I cannot speak of the quality of food offered in this establishment, but I am fully aware of the poor customer service that was received here. This restaurant is one of the nicer places to eat in this small college town, and for the most part has receive positive reviews. This being said, my family decided to visit after a ceremony held late in the evening at Clemson. With a relatively empty dining area and a somewhat unfriendly staff, my family was ushered downstairs ( the basement) to their "first come, first serve" area. This was loud, crowded, extremely hot and muggy. We were made to felt unwanted and left before dining, Very unimpressed with the poor service and unfriendliness of their staff. Will not be going back.

4  Thank Shelbiehallman
Reviewed October 22, 2013

The quality of the food at the Blue Heron is consistently good and at reasonable prices. The service is always to. Highly recommended.