“Food barely average n service good. Beer tap selection weak.”

Blue Heron Restaurant & Sushi
Ranked #3 of 122 Restaurants in Clemson
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 14, 2013

The calamari was salty and barely edible. The all you can eat sushi consisted of a watery soup, ok house salad and sushi that made me think I could make it better. Cheap yes, good no. Bartender was nice. Bar atmosphere was nice. All in all just an ok experience with less than average food.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

We went here, because the reviews looked pretty good, and we love sushi. We decided that this place is appropriately named "Blue Heron Restaurant and Sushi Bar" with the "and Sushi Bar" as an afterthought in their attention. Three of us had sushi, and one of us had an entree from the regular menu. Had we to do it over, we would have all ordered from the regular menu. The Shrimp and Cheddar Cheese Grits were great. The sushi rolls (Rainbow, Futo Maki, Tiger) reminded us of sushi from a grocery store. They had almost no taste. This was exacerbated by the wasabi paste. It was a hardened lump that could not be dissolved in the soy sauce despite all attempts to mash and stir it. The management needs to either drop sushi from the menu or hire a sushi chef from some place other than a grocery store.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Wonderful food, including sushi. Might want to make reservations on the weekend. Hard to locate as it is not really visible from the road.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

fried green tomatoes- a must try in this part of the world.
good service, lots of good sweet tea, fast refills, a bit chilly inside (AC), a bit dark and strange waiting area outside in hallway.... better inside than out, a nice find and suggested by locals

1  Thank europearoundtheworld
Reviewed May 1, 2013

I was in town for business and someone recommended this restaurant. We had sushi (spider roll) and crab cakes for appetizer. Spider roll was OK - not as tasty as I've had elsewhere. Crab cakes were very good (wish I had a picture as it was aesthetically pleasing visually as well as good eating). For entree I had the sirloin steak, mash potatoes and slaw. Gravy on the steak was a little heavy for me and the slaw was somewhat on the sour side. We did not have dessert. Took a while and a reminder before my buddy got his drink. Though the restaurant was only half full it was pretty noisy.