“Best food in Clemson”

Ranked #5 of 124 Restaurants in Clemson
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Best upscale food in Clemson. Every entree was excellent. The twin filets with congac peppercorn sauce was amazing. The lobster and shrimp bake with puff pastry was fantastic! I would highly recommend this restaurant. It is owned by the same family that has Pixie and Bills - but I would much rather eat at Calhoun Corners. The food quality is much better, the atmosphere is nicer and it just plain smells better! The appetizers could use some work - the escargot needed puff pastry and a little garlic and less salt - the crab & artichoke dip was just so so. I will definately return because the main courses are just great!

1  Thank Noughton

Reviewed September 15, 2012

My wife and I have eaten here several times over the years, but the last few times we went, we were disappointed. We do not mind paying for an upscale meal, but Calhoun Corners is not nearly as good as it used to be. We might give them one more chance, but the last time we went, it seemed there were only kids working and they didn't seem to care. Our waiter didn't even ask why we didn't eat much of our steak, not attentive at all. He just carried it away without any acknowledgement that we didn't like it, and it was obvious that we didn't like it. That was the last time, a little over a year ago, but probably won't be going back.

2  Thank garvin558
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Highly recommended. I am surprised that Calhoun Corners is ranked #11 in Clemson. I eat there regularly when I am in town on business, and based on my opinion and the opinion of my business associates, it is in our top 3 restaurants in Clemson. My personal opinion is that it is second only to Pixie and Bill's, which is owned by the same local family. Calhoun Corners is a bit more formal that Pixie and Bill's, which appeals to many of my peers. I have never had a bad experience there. The service is impeccable, the food is great, and the atmosphere reeks of Southern charm.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

Greta place for an upscale meal in Clemson. In an old building, that is tastefully restored inside and out. Eaten there many times and my favorite dish is the shrimp and grits. Lowcountry southern cuisine in the Upstate.

1  Thank Mrbigdaddy
Reviewed August 22, 2012

We had the escargots for starter and the beef Wellington and duck breast for entrees. Everything was extremely tasty and the meats were expertly cooked - I've never had such a juicy piece of duck. The risotto too was just the right consistency.

We came on a week night when the restaurant wasn't too busy. Tucked into a booth, we both felt comfortable and cosy. The dinner service and "linens" are plain and unpretentious. Presentation is simple. Definitely enjoyable.

The restaurant is right across from the tiny Amtrak station - you get a nice view of the train clicking by (not noisy) when it comes. For train buffs this is a real perk.

Been to Calhoun Corners Restaurant? Share your experiences!