“Average Dining”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Atlanta, GA
“Average Dining”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

First, overall impressions. Nice setting, pleasant enough for a special occasion or a romantic evening. Our waiter was very nice, but young and seemed inexperienced. We received most of the information about specials, etc., from the waiter serving the table next to us. Not terrible, but you would want to hear a little more than "are you ready to order?". Now, to food. The lobster bisque, while not bad, had way too much pepper. The house salad was OK, and my wife liked her dressing. My blue cheese dressing (at least, that's what I ordered) was way too salty. My wife's scallops were nicely seared and tasty, but it was at the very least interesting to have them on top of a rich potato and mushroom dish that could probably stand on its own. My salmon special was nice, to a point. The steamed vegetables were good, and the salmon was good as well. But the shrimp and crab meat topping was extremely salty, and in my opinion not necessary at all. The dessert was decent, no complaints here. The wine list looked pretty good too, at least we saw a few of our favorite reasonably priced wines there and enjoyed one of them with dinner. Overall impression: we would have liked dishes that were simpler, with more moderate use of salt and pepper. Let the ingredients speak for themselves. The next morning I mostly remembered not the food (that does have potential), but the salt and the pepper. Sorry, but I must be spoiled by the good food that is ubiquitous in Atlanta, but I would not go out of my way to visit this restaurant again.

• Visited May 2013

Roswell, Georgia, United States
“Brothers compete”
Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

Two fine restaurants in a college town. Pizza and beer, right! That's what you expect in a college town. Pixie and Bills offers fine dining with an elegant atmosphere. Two brothers operate two of the best restaurants around, equal to any I have been to in any city. Calhoun Corners is the other place

• Visited March 2013
Spartanburg, South Carolina, United States
“BIRTHDAY LUNCH”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

We stopped in for my birthday lunch at Pixie and Bill's, Mine was average, but they messed up my husband's lunch, even though he gave instructions to the waiter. Realize that it wasn't the waiter's fault. Though I was surprised the waiter didn't offer any dessert for my bd. My first time in Clemson, not sure I'd return to this restaurant.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank AnnaJason
Seneca, South Carolina, United States
“"a little off" but very good!”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Tried lunch at this restaurant for the first time today and was surprised to find that they offer great tasting food and a slightly formal dining experience. Our server was "a little off today" as he said in his own words, but this didn't take anything away from the quality of food, which was great! I ordered a veggie portabella on pumpernickel sandwich that was made with all fresh ingredients and tasted awesome. the asian slaw is a little different though so just a heads up. Overall I am satisfied with my visit and recommend that you try it if you are around.

• Visited March 2013
Summerville, South Carolina
“Great surprise!”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Lately I have had a lot of decent meals, nothing wrong but nothing exciting. This stands out as a great surprise. We stopped here because we were driving right by it. We were hungry, and it was noon (and there were a lot of cars in the parking lot at lunch). It looks like it has been around a while, in a good way. For lunch, two people had burgers and fries, I had the veggie flatbread pizza, one person had the French dip sandwich and one had the chicken and portobello panini. All of it was excellent - I was able to try a bite of everything except the burgers. The fries were good (wedges), and another side option was the yummy asian slaw. I will definitely be back next time I am in Clemson. The servers seemed like college students. They were all polite, attentive and prompt.
As we were leaving a regular told us that we should have tried the lobster bisque and dessert. Will do that next time.

• Visited February 2013