“Brothers compete”

Ranked #8 of 127 Restaurants in Clemson
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

Two fine restaurants in a college town. Pizza and beer, right! That's what you expect in a college town. Pixie and Bills offers fine dining with an elegant atmosphere. Two brothers operate two of the best restaurants around, equal to any I have been to in any city. Calhoun Corners is the other place

Reviewed April 5, 2013

We stopped in for my birthday lunch at Pixie and Bill's, Mine was average, but they messed up my husband's lunch, even though he gave instructions to the waiter. Realize that it wasn't the waiter's fault. Though I was surprised the waiter didn't offer any dessert for my bd. My first time in Clemson, not sure I'd return to this restaurant.

1  Thank AnnaJason
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Tried lunch at this restaurant for the first time today and was surprised to find that they offer great tasting food and a slightly formal dining experience. Our server was "a little off today" as he said in his own words, but this didn't take anything away from the quality of food, which was great! I ordered a veggie portabella on pumpernickel sandwich that was made with all fresh ingredients and tasted awesome. the asian slaw is a little different though so just a heads up. Overall I am satisfied with my visit and recommend that you try it if you are around.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Lately I have had a lot of decent meals, nothing wrong but nothing exciting. This stands out as a great surprise. We stopped here because we were driving right by it. We were hungry, and it was noon (and there were a lot of cars in the parking lot at lunch). It looks like it has been around a while, in a good way. For lunch, two people had burgers and fries, I had the veggie flatbread pizza, one person had the French dip sandwich and one had the chicken and portobello panini. All of it was excellent - I was able to try a bite of everything except the burgers. The fries were good (wedges), and another side option was the yummy asian slaw. I will definitely be back next time I am in Clemson. The servers seemed like college students. They were all polite, attentive and prompt.
As we were leaving a regular told us that we should have tried the lobster bisque and dessert. Will do that next time.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

I gave it a 5 because of the ambiance and awesome lobster bisque soup. I was only there for lunch but hope to go back and try their dinner menu. This was the first restaurant my mother took me my freshman year at Clemson. (Many years ago!) I don't remember the food back then but will definitely remember it now! It is definitely a very nice change from all the fast food found in a college town and the wait staff was excellent!

Been to Pixie & Bill's? Share your experiences!