“Cheap n good”
Review of Cookout

Cookout
Ranked #26 of 122 Restaurants in Clemson
Cuisines: American
Description: Outstanding fast food place with a great menu. This restaurant opened recently in Clemson. Dined there on the 4th of September. Really good. Would love to do a review.
Reviewed July 24, 2014

Their milkshakes are the best!!! I've seen many people ordering weird flavours or even all of the toppings available, but I like it best with pb,oreo and banana!

Their food is also cheap, particularly good after hitting the bars. But lining up at 1am with a bunch of half drunk college students especially if you aren't...can be pretty bad.

Still a good place to go for cheap food and insane milkshakes.

Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

The restaurant was extremely busy but we received our food in a prompt manner..only complaint i had was we had to have someone wipe off our table and even that want a big deal because it was also handled prompt.the food war good for the price..a little crowed so if you looking for a wiery setting this is not the place

Reviewed July 23, 2014

Order was wrong. Manager wanted us to pay additional for what we originally ordered after we went back to counter, Accused us of trying to 'upgrade' our food even though our receipt, which he refused to look at, showed we had been given the wrong food from what we had ordered. Manager stared at my wife the entire time we ate. Staff seemed very leery of him. Young girl at counter apologized for getting our order wrong but made obvious attempt not to let manager know.
Fries, rings and puppies burnt and barely edible. Once we got the right burger it was pretty good but that was the only good point and as someone very familiar with the restaurant business, we wondered what additional 'toppings' had probably been placed on our burger since we had the nerve to go back and ask for what we ordered and paid for.
The experience ruined all CookOuts for us and we'll never bother patronizing this franchise again.

Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

I was visiting Clemson on business and was looking for a place to get some good good. I had the barbecue plate that is so cheap I had to look at the menu twice to confirm. I think it was $3.25. You get barbecue, hush puppies, fries and cole slaw. What a deal. Everything was fresh and delicious even though I went through the drive thru at 10pm.

Definitely worth a trip.

Reviewed July 6, 2014

Ate there since retiring here to Clemson 4 years ago. Great until the other day. I ordered from the drive-thru (large order so I couldn't check until I got home). They shorted me one large fries -- although the receipt showed I paid for them. When I opened the cole slaw, there was a hair on top of it. Never again, Cook-Out. I will not ever shop there again, and will be sure to advise others not to either.