“Nice, Clean and Comfy!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Clemson
Charleston, SC
“Nice, Clean and Comfy!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2014

Stayed here during orientation and was very happy I did. I'm a bit picky when it comes to my hotels and this one didn't let me down in any way. Everything was clean, beds were comfy and the hotel is nice and close to campus. Had a great stay!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank christophfam

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Medford, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

It would be a higher rating if the beds were decent! They are soooo squishy. The cafe staff is outstanding--polite helpful and even dealt with food allergies perfectly. The tall chef that looks like myth busters host was awesome! When we arrived, the woman at the desk was on a long call to a coworker. That took too long and was annoying to wait. The rooms were big and nice. Showerhead was aimed at back wall and we didn't realize. Flooded the bathroom because of an odd design. Free rooms because if our marriot points woohoo!

Stayed June 2014
2 Thank medfordnjmom
Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2014

This was my second unsatisfactory stay at a Courtyard in two recent visits.

First the bedding was not what I have come to expect from this chain, in fact I was very disappointed in it. Bed was hard with no support on the sides. I would of thought that this was controlled by Marriott but guess not.

Second there was no spa/hot tub and the outside pool was placed so that would never get any sun.

Third I got this room through Priceline and they charged me any extra $10 for a room with two beds. Never had this happen before and the excuse the clerk gave was lame at best.

Will be in town a fair amount over the next 4 years and I will not be staying here.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank m2ice
Erin E, General Manager at Courtyard Clemson, responded to this review, May 23, 2014
First of all thank you for staying with us. I certainly apologize that your experience with us was not enjoyable for you. While I cannot speak for the first Courtyard that you stayed at, I can speak for mine. We use Jameson mattresses in our guest rooms and for the vast majority of our guests, they are preferred. I can absolutely understand that good nights sleep is needed and I prefer my own bed at home, however when I travel I too can find it difficult to sleep in a hotel room. You also noted that you used Priceline to book your room. Priceline is a third party that resells unused guest rooms, unfortunately, we do not control their pricing. It is my hope that you will give us a chance to change your opinion of us however I certainly understand if you are planning to stay elsewhere.
Modesto, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2014

The hotel staff were exceptionally friendly. It was the perfect location to stay after a tour of nearby Clemson University. Convenient and easy freeway access. Room was clean, spacious, and quiet. Starbucks Café in the lobby provided a nice assortment of breakfast fare, coffee, and smoothies. If my son decides to attend Clemson, we would definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: We asked for a room away from elevators and vending machines.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Marianne R
Easton, MD
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

I visited Clemson University with my son, a prospective student. I was very pleased with this hotel. The entrance and lobby were exceptionally comfortable. There were multiple seating areas with big screen TVs and access to the remote controls. The cafe is in the lobby as well with several light meals and Starbucks coffee available. There were also three computers available for guest use. I used them to print boarding passes.

Outside, the pool was open and very nice, but too cool to use. I really liked the gas fire pit with seating all around. Also downstairs was an adequate gym with weights, treadmills, and an elliptical. The laundry room was across from the gym with one washer and one dryer. I used this amenity once and appreciated the provided laundry detergent.

Although I would have preferred a two-bedded room, we had a king. Our bed faced the window, which was unique for a hotel room. We had a sofa that pulled out into a bed and a coffee table. The TV was near the desk and pulled out and swiveled. There was a small wardrobe closet attached to the desk. The room also had a separate area with a small fridge and coffee area above.

The bathroom was huge. The shower (no tub) was glassed in and had a seat. There was a half wall dividing the sink area and toilet. The Paul Mitchell toiletries provided were great.

I enjoyed our stay very much. The hotel was very close to campus and a number of stores and restaurants. We found it to be a perfect base for our visit. If I return to the area, I won't hesitate to stay here again.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank kdmjc
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

We were traveling with friends for the Clemson Spring Game and this Courtyard was a perfect location! We were close to campus and downtown Clemson. There is also a grocery store next door so we could easily stock up the cooler! The fire pit was a great perk and we enjoyed sitting by it at the end of each day. The room was spacious, clean, and the bathroom is really nice! The only improvement I would suggest is to extend the Bistro hours to 11AM on the weekends, especially a Gameday morning. I missed breakfast on Saturday morning when I came down at 10:15 so I had to go down the street for fast food instead. Otherwise, the stay was great and the location was perfect!

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank JaimeLeeMorris1988
Reno, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2014

We stayed at the hotel for a college visit to Clemson University. The front desk staff was very friendly and quick to check us in. The hotel seems very new and the rooms are extremely clean! In addition, the room was very quiet.

It is a great place to spend the night when doing a college visit to Clemson.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Heather M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clemson
Hampton Inn Clemson-University Area
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Clemson - Univ Area
Hotel Tillman
Hotel Tillman
#4 of 10 in Clemson
Comfort Inn Clemson University Area
University Inn & Conference Center
Hampton Inn & Suites Seneca - Clemson Area

Been to Courtyard Clemson? Share your experiences!