“Could NOT have been better!!!!!”
Review of Courtyard Clemson

Courtyard Clemson
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Clemson
Reviewed October 13, 2012

What a wonderful place to stay! From checking-in to leaving, EVERY facet of this facility and personnel was exceptional!! The manager, Kristin, met us at check-in and was as warm and friendly as one could hope for. Our room was meticulous and nicer than some of the Marriotts, Hiltons or Sheratons that we have stayed at. Without a doubt, this is the cleanest and most well-kept facility we have ever stayed at. We had a couple of glasses of vino at the Bistro and the manager there was as friendly and "nice" as we could have asked for and made us feel like we were "old friends".

Every employee at this facility, whether housekeeping, maintenance, Bistro, etc., spoke to us cheerfully. To say that we were impressed, would be a gross understatement. Simply put; just a wonderful place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Yankee07

Reviewed September 17, 2012

I have stayed in this hotel several times in the past few months and am updating my review from April 2011. The hotel continues to be a clean, comfortable property. What has really impressed me is the quality of the staff. Kristine at the front desk is top notch. She couldn't be more outgoing and pleasant. She had answers to our numerous questions and was always spot on. We paid top dollar to be there for a Clemson football game and the quality staff lessened the impact of price. The hotel is very resonably priced on non football nights. The Saturday pre game buffet was a great value at $10 for adults. We walked to the Clemson stadium from the hotel in about 25 minutes which saved us from waiting in traffic and then trying to find a parking spot. With the continued excellent service on top of a clean, comfortable, convienent property, I will never have a need to look at any other hotels in the area.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank SlinkDog
Reviewed September 15, 2012

This was probably the BEST hotel I have stayed in and I have been staying in a LOT of hotels recently!! The lobby was inviting and "sectioned" for all different kinds of uses (reading, watching a big screen TV, fireside and business). There was a patio with a fire pit that was great for sitting around after dinner with cocktail and relaxing. But the room was the BEST! The bed was not the first thing you saw when you opened the door!! The only negative things I can say is that there was always a line for breakfast in the mornings at the bistro and I didn't have time to wait. So, I never had the breakfast and unless you made coffee in your room, a cup of coffee was over $6.00 and a soda in the pantry was $2.50. So, just bring your own drinks. And, I could hear the people in the next room talking like they were in my room. As much as they made making the hotel pleasing...they should have added a little insulation in the walls.

Room Tip: I stayed on the 6th floor so I wouldn't hear anyone above me.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Beverly C
Reviewed September 4, 2012

First, the positives. The staff at this hotel were courteous and helpful with anything we needed. The room was lovely, clean, and comfortable. The bathroom was clean as well, and facilities were excellent. However, although the shower door had a covering over the gap between the door and the remaining glass, water still leaked out during a shower.

My only gripe is about the food. Most of the Marriott chains offer breakfast with their stays. Apparently Courtyard does not. That's fine, but the "Bistro" downstairs is incredibly expensive. For breakfast, oatmeal is $3, and two eggs are $9. Also,the "Starbucks " coffee they offer is very weak, which surprised me. There is coffee available from the hotel for free, but it might as well be water. It had no flavor or strength.

All in all, I like this hotel for a weekend stay, but be prepared to go elsewhere for food, etc.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank MeinMD526
Reviewed August 10, 2012

This hotel does everything right. It is conveniently located near the campus of Clemson University, it is new, it is clean and it has a very friendly staff. We visit Clemson a few times a year to visit our daughter at Clemson University. We would stay here every time if there was availability. Unfortunately, you have to book a room way in advance for game weekends.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Chip B
Reviewed June 20, 2012

Whenever we visit the area to visit family (or for leisure) we ALWAYS stay at this Courtyard in Clemson. We love the quietness and the great staff. The rooms are consistently clean and roomy. The only suggestion I have is find a local spot to dine at because the restaurant onsite is pricey. We ordered Papa John's last time, and had it delivered.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Marie T
Reviewed June 19, 2012

One of the nicest Courtyards I have stayed in. An excellent hotel choice when staying in Clemson. Very Convenient to campus and everything. Newer hotel and very clean. Has Starbucks and a Bistro for casual food and late nite bites, and breakfast of course. Rooms are spacious and the bathrooms are wonderful. Rates can be high on football weekends and for other Clemson events. Free internet, which I have never had a problem with and have stayed here quite a few times while visiting my daughter at Clemson and for games. Staff is always helpful and courteous.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family