“New ownership - just mediocre”
Review of Friends Cafe - CLOSED

Friends Cafe
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 18, 2013

My family ate the Sunday buffet and was disappointed that the food has gone downhill. This used to be our most favorite place to eat in Clemson. The menu is the same, but it is obvious ownership has changed.

There are newer reviews for Friends Cafe

Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

The service was good but the food just okay. We had a la carte on a weekday evening. Not worth the money.

2  Thank Akshi K
Reviewed July 19, 2013

After reading all the high reviews, I have but one thought: "Really?!"

I am shocked at all of the good reviews on here. This food ranks as one of the worst meals I've ever had!

Two stars for the following: The place is cute, conveniently located, and service was super friendly.

However, the food was TERRIBLE! I had the Kabab,, with about 30% overcooked. It did not in any way resemble Kabab, Unbelievably gross.

The rice was instant rice boiled in a high sodium, /salt blend. Rice-a-Roni is ten times better.

The chicken was better than the other items.
I was very hungry, so I ate the bread , but the rest was not edible. The whole meal tasted like processed, over salted, MSG bloated.
Even if its the only close Mediterranean place, I'd say the average person is better off making food at home rather than visit this place.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

ordered our food, from a manager I thought, waited about ten minutes , then another manager was like " your food has been sitting here forever ! " THEN WHY DIDN'T YOU HAND IT TO ME because you were arguing with your employees about doing register while i was waiting.
they have an expanded menu ...they need to learn to fix regular things first , we had ALL NASTY ! they didn't offer to replace anything ! then I asked the manager for our cups , he handed me 2 ! i said we needed 3 ! wasnt friendly at all !

1  Thank kathe W
Reviewed June 8, 2013

This place is ok, but pales in comparison to the store, opposite side. you may try that one as well. there was dirt on the fork. the service was a bit late. price was affordable. There need to have a cashier. he need to wear glove since he himself is the cashier. the food was good.

2  Thank Mikw J