“Probably our last stay here”
Review of Days Inn Clemson

Days Inn Clemson
Ranked #11 of 11 Hotels in Clemson
Reviewed May 24, 2014

We've stayed here several times over the years because it is close to relatives. However, the smell in the room was really overwhelming this time. Like maybe carpet cleaner over a pet odor smell, but I'm not saying that's what it was exactly. It's hard to describe but very unpleasant. The coffee maker tray was located above the microwave, which made sense, except it could not reach the outlet so in order to plug it in, we had to lower it and made a table for it by using our cooler box. The bed was comfortable however and the cleaning staff ladies were super nice. The smell was what was hard to tolerate. We like the price and location but may try another place because of the odor. Breakfast was adequate. Not hot but lots of cereal and muffins and fresh milk. No bananas, but apples.

Room Tip: Bring room deodorizing spray, like Fabreeze.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
02580, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Clemson, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2014

We are so sorry for this inconvenience. I would like to help you out on your next visit to Clemson. Please call our office and ask for the manager. Our housekeepers work really hard to keep all our rooms clean and comfortable. I would like to thank you for your review.

There are newer reviews for Days Inn Clemson

Reviewed May 21, 2014

price on low end for area, so rooms have that smell and the smaller towels. everything else adequate, typical for price range.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Thank you for this review. I hope you will return to our hotel on the next trip to Clemson. We try to keep our prices affordable to the traveler.

Reviewed May 19, 2014 via mobile

I stayed for a week while in town for business and was surprised at how comfortable I was. I dislike motels in general due to the noise from fellow tenants walking by and auto traffic right outside the door but was not bothered at all on my stay here. Being on the second floor may have alleviated noise a bit (if you are in shape enough to climb with you luggage to the room). The staff was great. I didnt visit for the continental breakfast but did grab coffee which was hot and fresh every morning that I visited. I will definitely stay there again if I am in Clemson because I saved a load of money while losing no comforts.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
02580, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Clemson, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2014

Thank you so much for your very kind review. We are glad that you found our hotel comfortable and relaxing while you were staying with us. I hope to see you on your next trip to Clemson.

Reviewed May 14, 2014

I booked this hotel by mistake, we were in Clemson for graduation and were Stuck in this dump for 3 nights. Shame on you Wyndham for putting your name on this motel. This motel is in dire need of a renovation. Our room had a very stale smell, housekeeping did not come to our room the first day, later they dropped off towels. TV in the room worked well. But the worst thing about this hotel is that they rent out rooms to local contractors to put there construction workers in and yes these consruction workers hang out in the parking lot, outside of their rooms, sitting in the back of their trucks eating, playing loud music and talking on cell phones. They were actually louder then the volume on our TV and they pretty much circled our room. Front desk was well aware of this and I realize that my 3 nights doesn't compare with th many nights that they are renting to the day laborers. I was also charged $170 a night for 2 of the nights and they were charged $50. This motet is what it is. A $50 night dump, again shame on you Wyndham for putting your name on this place and tripling the rate. One last thing, I did see the continental breakfast, when I was in the lobby, my question to you Why bother? It was some bread, 3 bagels and some stale tiny muffins. We travel at least twice a month and this experience has really turned me off from Wyndham and the site that recommended you.

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
02580, Manager at Days Inn Clemson, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2014

I am very sorry that you had a bad experience during your stay. The front desk tries very hard to enforce the Quiet Time policy that we have which is 11pm until 9am. The standard breakfast for Days Inn is a continental breakfast. We actually have more on our bar than required. Our rate for this weekend was actually lower than the other comparable hotels in the area and this was due to Clemson University Graduation. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience that you suffered.

Reviewed May 14, 2014

Reviewed May 13, 2014

Days Inn is nothing fancy but I would stay here again. The staff was very friendly and helpful. If you are going to something at the T. Garrison Livestock Arena, it is very close. Only takes a few minutes to get to the Equestrian Center or the Arena.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Our hotel is very convenient to many of the attractions available in Clemson. We are glad that you had a good trip. Thank you for entering this kind review. I hope you will choose us again on your next trip to Clemson.

Reviewed May 9, 2014

This Days Inn is very dated and could use a lot of remodeling. Due to the Clemson graduation this weekend. I was forced out of another hotel. So that they could jack the room price to more than three times what I was paying. That's how I ended up at Days Inn. They had several vacancies and I see why they did now. The room is bearable and you can get some sleep. If you have a choice pick another hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014
02580, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Clemson, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2014

We are very sorry that you had a bad eperience with the other hotel. We had several vacancies due to an emergency that one of our guests experienced. Im very glad you were at least able to get a good nights rest while staying at our hotel. We have guests that stay with us year after year and have always been completely satisfied with our hotel and our service. It is to our regret the you were asked to leave your previous hotel but were able to find a room that accomodated you while you were here in Clemson during the Graduation weekend.