“My poor family... :-(”
Review of Days Inn Clemson

Days Inn Clemson
Ranked #11 of 11 Hotels in Clemson
Reviewed August 15, 2013

My family traveled to Clemson to attend my graduation and elected to stay at this hotel. My fiance and I almost reserved a room here; however, I decided to check reviews on TripAdvisor first. I AM SO THANKFUL THAT I DID! (Thank you TripAdvisor and to all the reviewers!!)

After viewing the negative experiences from most of the TripAdvisor reviewers, we chose to stay at the Hampton Inn further down the street. (We had an awesome experience there, by the way).

Several members of my family stayed in 2 different Days Inn rooms. I can't speak for the room that my aunt and her boyfriend stayed in. However, the room that my mom, sister, niece and nephew stayed in was horrid.

Upon arriving at the hotel, my mom had to immediately request a different hotel room because her first one was filthy and only had 1 king sized bed. When reserving her room, she'd requested 2 queen sized beds, a roll away bed, and a cradle. She was moved into a different room that wasn't a lot cleaner than the first one.

I visited their hotel room and upon entering it, I was greeted by heat, mugginess, and a faint mildew smell. The ironing board was badly stained and the room just had a dirty feel to it. I'd tried earlier in the week to convince my mom to move her reservation to a different hotel after seeing the reviews here. However, she was firm on wanting to stay at the Days Inn for affordability (she didn't want me to pay for her room). Still, I felt awful about her experience and attempted to find her a room in a different hotel but all close by (and more affordable) hotels were booked solid.

To make matters worse, my sister told me that their toilet had become clogged and the hotel manager asked my mom to come to the front office to get a plunger. Their room was short on towels and wash clothes, and they had to hit the shower head for the shower to come on.

I only visited this hotel while checking on my family and I can say that this wasn't a good experience for any of us.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank EricaH331
02580, Manager at Days Inn Clemson, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

One of the guests in this party already had a reservation with this hotel. The guest had to be called on her day of arrival because of an issue with her reservation. She at that time requested the last remaining room we had in the hotel and that was a king size room. I am very sorry that this caused an unhappy stay at our hotel. We strive to make every guest happy and work hard to see that it is a clean hotel. We also have many complimentary reviews on Trip Advisor.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 15, 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
02580, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Clemson, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Reviewed July 15, 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed June 16, 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
02580, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Clemson, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Reviewed June 11, 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed May 28, 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
02580, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Clemson, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013