“Nice stay...”

Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Clemson
mt. pleasant, sc
“Nice stay...”
Reviewed September 17, 2009

We were in town for a football game and stayed at the Hampton Inn for the night. The room was not really big and the beds were doubles (I prefer queens). On first glance, I was afraid the beds would be uncomfortable as there were visible lumps on the surface of the beds. My fears were allayed when I realized that the "lumps" were just in the comforters - they were quite puffy and plush. The beds themselves were quite comfortable.

The room was small and there is no closet at all. That was no problem for us as wewere staying only for one night and had just shorts and t-shirts. I don't know what I would do if I were there for, say, a wedding and needed to hang up a tux or dress...but for our purposes, the dresser was just fine. The bathroom is small, too, but it was clean and well-appointed (toiletries/hairdryer/good shower/enough towels).

We were awakened by the train at about 5 am - well, 3 out of 4 of us were. But the noise was short and we were comfortable enough to go back to sleep.

Breakfast was fine - nothing fabulous,but it was fine for a "free" continental breakfast. We'd stay here again.

Location-wise, if you are going for a game, it is a moderately long walk from the hotel. We ended up parking at a drug-store on the corner, which cut about a half-mile from the trek to downtown.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
3 Thank mountpleasantmom

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed March 10, 2009

We stayed here for a volleyball tournament and while the room was nice and clean it was merely adequate. It was a very small room by previous Hampton Inn standards with no closet or desk. An armoire and table were all that was available. We didn't spend much time in the room so this is not a big problem but creates a inconvenience. The proximity to the train tracks was a little disturbing at first but it became less of an issue over time. The breakfast was o.k. but needs more items conducive to athletes for a long day. With an early start time the lobby was filled with athletes trying to eat something nutritious and the breakfast staff was not really prepared for the event and was slow to produce enough items at the proper time for the large crowd. Overall the staff and hotel served our needs and I would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank aclowe01
Columbia, SC
Reviewed March 28, 2008

Stayed at the Hampton during a rowing regatta. We knew the athletes (college age and younger) would be staying at the cheaper motels in town, so we opted for something nicer and quieter. Staff was friendly and helpful. Our room was at the back, but the train did not bother us. Breakfast seemed a little dull, though. The hot items were biscuits and sausage (?) gravy. Otherwise it was danish, cereal and yogurt. I would definitely stay here again.

• Liked — Comfortable bed with luxurious bedding.
  • Disliked — Pool was outdoors and covered for the season.
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
greenville
Reviewed March 12, 2008

Hotel is built next to train tracks; train came 12 am, blew its whistle, and again at 4 am.. It runs by the city all times of the day. We didn't get sleep and rest. Not all Hamptons are the same, this one only have cookies Mon through Thurs. They have apologised to me, and explained Hamptons are owned by individuals. Why carry the name when you can set your own rules?. However, rooms are clean, staff are very co-operative ,especially the breakfast. Hot chocolate and coffee are offered throughtout the day. We had majority of our group stayed at Ramada, they didn't hear the train. They are located nearer to the lake away from the train tracks!!!

Stayed February 2008
2 Thank kittychang
Northern Virginia
Reviewed April 11, 2007

Booked through Hilton Honors program, so rooms were free. We were on the end near the railroad tracks, so if that noise bothers you, ask for a room near the front. We didn't care - the rooms were big, rooms, beds were nice, and clean, which is my big thing. Would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank ktpmm5
Orlando, FL
Reviewed October 8, 2006

This hotel was recomended to me by locals who said it was the best in town. It was a very good price at $89. Centrally located near the university and on the main road. Very close to Seneca too. When I arrived there were freshly baked cookies at the reception area.

The room was decent size, and had updated furniture. The bed was fantastic. Only downside is the train tracks are right next to the hotel and loud trains woke me up a couple of times. Breakfeast buffet was ok.

For the price, this hotel is a good value. I will stay here again.

• Stayed October 2006, traveled on business
Long Island, NY
Reviewed September 14, 2006

I stayed at the Hampton Inn Clemson for five nights on a business trip. The hotel is on a main road about five minutes from the University.

Room was spacious and clean. Staff were friendly and helpful. They even leant me a wireless card for my laptop computer so I could connect in my room to the Internet. This was a free service, as was the breakfast, which was fresh and tasty.

Only one notable drawback. The hotel is adjacent to a rail line and every morning between 5 and 6 am, I was awoken by the rumble of a freight train passing by.

• Stayed September 2006, traveled on business